Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I still have no solution to this.

Also I am using ATlaunchers Resonant Rise pack, I am averaging 25fps with optifine on normal distance, anyone know why? I have allocated 3gbs of ram to it. ALso my specs are

i5 3350p @ 3.5ghz
8gb ddr3l
6870 1gb ddr5
I assume the cart has a bridge building module? If not, well, there's your problem. If so, I wonder if maybe the lava is interfering with the bridge builder putting down a block.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I assume the cart has a bridge building module? If not, well, there's your problem. If so, I wonder if maybe the lava is interfering with the bridge builder putting down a block.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it does indeed have a bridge builder module.

Its fine when its going straight but if and ONLY if the previous block was an incline then it does that.

It also doesn't seem to understand the concept of "I can't put a piece of track in a 1 block space" so it would look like this (--_--) (because of vanilla mechanics)

axelwomble

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a 64bit version of java installed? Without that, you won't have fun playing modded Minecraft.

Do you have more than 2GB of memory assigned in the FTB launcher? If so, turn it back down to 2GB max. Anything more will just slow things down without additional benefit. The cases where you actually need more than 1GB to run smoothly are few and far between.

It's a third party pack primarily distributed via the AT Launcher. Numerous comments I've come across lead me to believe that it might possibly be available on the FTB launcher as well, via a pack code you can find on the Overload forums? Don't know anything more than that though.
Yes and have done that. I think i know what java I have mainly because I am running 32GB of ram normally and i usually keep my ftb launcher over 2. but changed it to 2 and still getting major block lag on the server.

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019
Hello umm I just started playing FTB-U and i kinda found this a little bit annoying.
I already did this to my survival world but it doesnt work like what is shown in the video.
Before replying can you please watch the vid?

So i built some basic buildcraft machines and tried powering my quarry with the combustion engine. As you can see in the video , in the first seconds when i put the quarry it works then few moments later it just stops. Is there something wrong ? Can you guys recommend me what to do? Can you also tell me some machines that can help me advance with buildcraft ? ( I learned IC2 now and trying to learn BC then the magic mod )

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there something wrong ?
Not enough power perhaps? The engine may have pumped enough power into the pipes to start building the quarry frame, but when that drains out, the engine might not be producing enough to keep it going. Try adding a few more engines.
Can you also tell me some machines that can help me advance with buildcraft ? ( I learned IC2 now and trying to learn BC then the magic mod )
BuildCraft doesn't have many machines like IC2 - it doesn't do ore processing or armour or tools. BC has the Quarry that you seem to be using, the Filler, the Builder doesn't work any more, there may be a few others but I've not used them. Some other mods use BC power to do similar things to IC2, such as Thermal Expansion. Railcraft adds boilers, Forestry adds bee-related machines like the Centrifuge and Squezer, and the Carpenter for various other manufacturing tasks. Modular PowerSuits adds BC-powered armour, but you'd need a Thermal Expansion Energetic Infuser to charge it up.

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019
Not enough power perhaps? The engine may have pumped enough power into the pipes to start building the quarry frame, but when that drains out, the engine might not be producing enough to keep it going. Try adding a few more engines.

BuildCraft doesn't have many machines like IC2 - it doesn't do ore processing or armour or tools. BC has the Quarry that you seem to be using, the Filler, the Builder doesn't work any more, there may be a few others but I've not used them. Some other mods use BC power to do similar things to IC2, such as Thermal Expansion. Railcraft adds boilers, Forestry adds bee-related machines like the Centrifuge and Squezer, and the Carpenter for various other manufacturing tasks. Modular PowerSuits adds BC-powered armour, but you'd need a Thermal Expansion Energetic Infuser to charge it up.

Thanks for replying immediately! I'll try adding more engines.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I am new to FTB, can someone tell me why my username and password is throwing this error: invalid username or password error Feed The Beast Launcher
Have you bought minecraft? Can't play FTB if you haven't yet.
If you have then the case might be them using your e-mail instead of your username now. So try that.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh sorry forgot to mention, yeah 1.5.2 Unleashed 1.1.3.
Ahh yeah I did read about the cap, but so far didnt see any "degraded" princesses. No wonder if it actually caps at x5 :p Thanks mate will try it out.

Edit: Actually, would there be any problem in it if I replaced the Soulframes with Chocolate frames to shorten lifespan? I mean the mutator and the chocolate frames together?
Sorry for answering three pages later ;)
Yes, that should work, since the Chocolate Frames don't impact the mutation rate. You could also use Necrotic Frames from Magic Bees, if you're far enough with your TC3 research. 3 of those will make a bee die in 1 or 2 ticks, depending on lifespan, while the choc frames will only half lifespan (reached with 3 frames, even one Necrotic Frame is already faster).

HauntedGrass

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a barrow hill, it seems obvious to try to make a xp grinder out of it (I don't really know anything about thaumcraft). While I was making it, I noticed that wisps started to spawn more and more. Then, after a while, I got a message in the chat that said "A nearby node spews forth something foul". I got really creeped out, left my world and then did a bit of researching. It turned out that it meant a giant angry zombie spawned due to the high amount of flux in the area. Is there a way to get rid of the wisps, or some way to keep the flux level down?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood Trees spawn a Pure Node. Plant several close together, one after the other, so that they can connect together and become a bigger one. When the Pure Node is bigger than the dark one in the burrow, start moving them together. The bigger one (current charge, not maximum charge) eats the smaller one when they merge.
Pure Bees reduce Flux in the Aura and produce crystallized versions of the removed Flux.
What I did close to my TC3 production: Auto-cycling of optimized Pure Bee and Regenerating Bee, so that the local node doesn't need to leech power from other nodes and to keep the node clean.

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm setting up multiple mfr laser drills, is it better to pile all the power I can into the first drill's chargers and the build a second drill, or is it better to build both drills/chargers a once with half as muh power each.

In a nutshell: if I have limited power to send to my laser drill(s), is it better to load up a single one or build several and spread the energy out over them?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
If I'm setting up multiple mfr laser drills, is it better to pile all the power I can into the first drill's chargers and the build a second drill, or is it better to build both drills/chargers a once with half as muh power each.

In a nutshell: if I have limited power to send to my laser drill(s), is it better to load up a single one or build several and spread the energy out over them?
In terms of resources input to out; build 1. If you're going to be building more power really soon anyway you can go for more but the returns will be the same as 1 as long as you aren't feeding more than 400 MJ/t into them.

Reactions: Larmonade

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019
I am alittle bit confused about the Redstone Energy Cell.
I just made it and now how do i store MJ to it?
Do i need to use engines with tanks to charge it up?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I am alittle bit confused about the Redstone Energy Cell.
I just made it and now how do i store MJ to it?
Do i need to use engines with tanks to charge it up?

You just connect pipes to it like it was a machine. Then you can connect them out of it like it was an engine.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for replying immediately! I'll try adding more engines.
For what it's worth, a combustion engine fueled by lava only produces 1MJ/t. You should really consider making magmatic engines - they produce 4MJ/t from lava and don't need coolant. Combustion engines are really meant to be used with Oil/Fuel.

Reactions: SatanicSanta