Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Was messing with the Creative Mystcraft Notebook and noticed a "Moo Moo Farm" biome. I've also noticed a "Moo Moo Farm" dimension mentioned in the console when I load a singleplayer world. What is this Moo Moo Farm, how do I get there, what mod adds it, and why is it so damn terrifying?

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Ok. But why would that change anything?

Force trees generally refuse to grow if there is a solid block directly adjacent to them. But if that's not doing the trick then moar headroom and more horizontal room would be the only bits of advice I can offer.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, the level of the bricks for the farm is fine where it is.

My question is: that place looks rather bright. Are you by chance using a wrath lamp? If yes, there's your problem.

Wait what? Why would a wrath lamp be the problem? Yes I am using it, but is there a bug with them or something? I use them for lighting up most things.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Wait what? Why would a wrath lamp be the problem? Yes I am using it, but is there a bug with them or something? I use them for lighting up most things.

Wrath lamps create invisible light blocks to create so much light and those light blocks interfere with tree growth

Reactions: Hoff

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Didn't think you were considering you had those torches there ._.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Wrath lamps create invisible light blocks to create so much light and those light blocks interfere with tree growth

Ooooooooooooooh. Thanks for explaining that. Now I can finally have my force tree farm back.[DOUBLEPOST=1384493788][/DOUBLEPOST]
Didn't think you were considering you had those torches there ._.
It's on a server and my partner is a bit... redundant to say the least.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Was messing with the Creative Mystcraft Notebook and noticed a "Moo Moo Farm" biome. I've also noticed a "Moo Moo Farm" dimension mentioned in the console when I load a singleplayer world. What is this Moo Moo Farm, how do I get there, what mod adds it, and why is it so damn terrifying?

Image for reference:

nxLJI9Z.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ooooooooooooooh. Thanks for explaining that. Now I can finally have my force tree farm back.[DOUBLEPOST=1384493788][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's on a server and my partner is a bit... redundant to say the least.
You can use wrathlamps, just not over the farm. The wrath lamps create the invisible lightsources 8 vertical from the lamp and up to 20ish downwards. With my farms I usually light up with glowstone on the outer "ring" around the farm and on the inner farm block. That should cover the entire farm just fine.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I would actually suggest that you make your thaumcraft lab at your main base. If you make it somewhere far away you will be forced to chunkload the nearby nodes to allow the flux to dissipate. If you do it at your main base, your very presence(or the bases chunkloaders) will help clear the flux.
Setting up lab near a single silverwood tree wont help much either. A silverwood tree contains a very small node, and the deal is that larger nodes will send Vis to nearby nodes that have less vis. All this traffic of vis will cause flux in all your surrounding nodes.

Few of my advices:

Do all the research first before you start on the actual thaumcraft. Two things are almost vital to have at the beginning IMO: Goggles of revealing and Basic flux research(for arcane alembics).

Dont build near an obsidian totem circle. It has a rather large Unstable node in it which will actually produce bad flux. (If you do, you will have to create a larger pure node and merge them to remove the unstable node).

Once you find your main node(the one that covers your lab)(find it with goggles of revealing), build a hollow 3x3x3 cube around it. This will allow wisps to spawn, but will keep them contained. I usually make it out of glass and put in a few fence "posts" so you can kill off the wisps inside with a sword(through the gap between fence and glass). You can also add a melee turtle to kill off some of the wisps should too many spawn.

Once you are set up properly you will want to make your own Pure node for your lab. Pure nodes actually help reduce flux without causing bad stuff(bad stuff(wisps, debuffs etc) remove flux too). Pure nodes are created with silverwood trees. For this you will need a bunch of silverwood saplings(if you have dartcraft use the force mitts on the leaves for increased sapling drops). Now plant a sapling somewhere nearby your lab, but make sure its at least 20 blocks away from any existing nodes. Grow the tree, chop it down, grow a new sapling etc. Each tree will spawn a new small pure node which will merge with the pure node with the first tree. Merging nodes will cause flux, so do it over a period of time, 2-3 saplings at the time. Keep building the node up over time till its the largest in the area. 600+ should do. Having the largest node in the area as main node will prevent/limit borrowing vis from nearby nodes and thereby causing more flux. Flux will more or less then be contained to your main pure node which will get rid of it faster. Having the node contained will prevent wisps from harassing you, and the melee turtle will farm you some wispy essences.

Later you can upgrade your pure node with crystal clusters(just do the fire ones, cheaper to make) and crystal capacitors. Clusters will overcharge your node, making it contain more vis. It will also cause stone in the ground to be converted to shards which will serve as vis batteries. The capacitors will store some excess vis as well once its overcharged and in essence expand your nodes vis storage.

Example of setup: Pure node encased in glass with melee turtle
cVakSSU.jpg

Right under the node: Crystal clusters and capacitors
ROpIU6m.jpg

Simple melee turtle program: name it startup and it will resume every time you start the game/reloads the chunk, and will empty loot into a chest above it.
http://pastebin.com/nRYFDYNg
So I was derping about with silverwood trees last night, my node has moved a bit, but I now have a 750 odd node to play with. That room with the clusters/capacitors, is there a max distance from the node to place them?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So I was derping about with silverwood trees last night, my node has moved a bit, but I now have a 750 odd node to play with. That room with the clusters/capacitors, is there a max distance from the node to place them?
I don't think so. As long as its in area of effect of the node I think.

Reactions: wildc4rd