Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad Deathoftime was able to help. I never really customized packs with 1.7 (just added or disabled mods) and really just started playing with config files for 1.9 and 1.10 packs, since so few were available (I figured I'd find issues I'd created easier that way :D)

It's not just simply a customized mod pack. Like I said; on my old rig I can't play modpacks, and I mean I can't play any official 1.7.10 modpacks. My PC can't handle it.
I have only 4GB RAM and an old Core 2 Quad cpu. Because of the horrible resource hunger of the 1.7.10 MC my PC simply can't handle them.
And now I so bored with 1.6.4 packs, I already only playing my own custom 1.6.4 modpack, I'm not interested in any official 1.6.4 pack anymore.
Maybe just when I like a nostalgic play. (Hey, is there anyone who play 1.2.5 MC in 2016? Because I did a nostalgic modded playthrough in early summer...:D)
So I think I put together my own 1.7.10 mod pack. Or at least I try to make a 1.7.10 pack that my old PC can run.

Anyway, sadly that NotEnoughResources mod not working, it crashes MC when I try to load a world or even create a new one.
Now I'm try a few different versions, maybe one will run, and after that maybe looking at the crash log... Or not, and maybe a better idea if I simply skip that horrible 1.7.10 version and make a 1.8 or above pack.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Now I'm try a few different versions, maybe one will run, and after that maybe looking at the crash log... Or not, and maybe a better idea if I simply skip that horrible 1.7.10 version and make a 1.8 or above pack.
logs are a pain to read. I've been reading them for awhile now and still don't know where to find what. I know that the latest log in the logs file is about the most useful though. Or any of its backups.

1.10 is a good version. Of course it might be just so few mods are in the packs, yet I was seeing close to a 100fps on the unstable pack last week.(I see less the 50fps on any 1.7.10 modpack I play on. On infinity I am lucky to get over 25) The forge versions can be a little buggy though. Last weeks unstable pack doesn't work properly unless forge is rolled back one version from the one installed. The biggest hit I take on fps in video settings is mipmaps. I loose 40 fps when it is set at 1 or higher. My computer can handle the other stuff. The big setting for me though is view distance. I have yet to find anything that fixes the view distance bug. It has to be set at 10 or higher for monsters to spawn properly. That bug has been around for a very long time though. It might have been fixed in 1.10. I haven't checked jira or the wiki to find out though.

It is all dependent on the computer though. Some hardware does better. The RAM is a really big issue though. I had to bump my RAM allotment on curse up to 6GBs on curse for some of the 1.10 packs. They were running out of memory. My computer has 8GB now. From my experience though any computer playing 1.7.10 or above struggles with 4GB. (which reminds me. Once the pack is halfway stable don't use the any launchers. If you are modding the vanilla launcher set it to close when the game opens. If playing Curse, close curse as soon as the minecraft instance's launcher is open. Curse is a CPU hog, It uses at least 6% of my CPU while it is open. (2 core 3.2GHz)

Edit:
Jira says the bug was opened in 2012 and still isn't reported as fixed.
https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-2536?jql=text ~ "view distance"

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Is the new frequent update system of Mojang's a attempt by Microsoft to disrupt the modding community?

I don't know if they care that a small portion of the player base plays modded minecraft. Would it even have a effect on the number that played other version if modded was no longer a thing on the PC version though?

Interesting propositions, each seemingly relying on Microsoft holding completely opposite views. If the second statement is correct "they don't care that a small player base plays modded minecraft" the likelihood they would go to the effort of making a "frequent update system.....to disrupt the modding community" would seem a bit paranoid.

From everything I have seen the mod makers are happy with the current ease of updating that 1.9/1.10 has brought to modding, but the process of getting mods from 1.7 to 1.10 is still a lot of work.

But back to the second point, I think they do care, I think they have smart enough people working for them to know that the modding community is a very useful resource, many things that have appeared in Minecraft were in modded minecraft for a long time before Mojang had a completely independent creative idea to implement the exact same idea.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is there a range on insulated Redstone from ender Io? I'm trying to turn on/off an autospawner but it doesn't seem to be getting a Redstone signal

Sent from a mystical device from North of the 49th

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a range on insulated Redstone from ender Io? I'm trying to turn on/off an autospawner but it doesn't seem to be getting a Redstone signal

They have a conduit like thing. I think it is some of that binder around a alloy of redstone and silicon. Though regular redstone should work. Is the signal getting to the spawner and is the spawner set to turn off on a signal? The redstone wires some mod put in(project red, I think) needs the wire to sometimes be on the block for it to work.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

How far are you trying to send the signal? And are both ends chunkloaded? I haven't found a range when I've had a quick look, but I suspect it would be similar to the Redpower cables, which have a limit of 256. Do make sure you've got the same colour channel on both ends, that they are set to the correct setting (which I think is In/Out for the redstone conduits), and that it's set to strong signal, then as @DeathOfTime said do check the spawner is correctly set to respond to redstone.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, you may have to force the connection with the Ender IO redstone conduits using a wench on the side of the cable end that faces your autospawner. But, I know from experience they will travel a lot further than 16 blocks. I've used them to go up the side of launch tube I created inside of hill and that was at least 50 blocks tall and I didn't use any repeaters to get the signal to the top for the drawbridges that covered it when not in use (this was for Galacticraft rocket launch pad).

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a general thread for FTB Unstable on MC1.10.2? Not for the purposes of technical support (I understand no technical support is 'officially' offered for Unstable) but more for players to share any questions/issues/fixes they may have in the pack specifically.

Reactions: Pyure

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a general thread for FTB Unstable on MC1.10.2? Not for the purposes of technical support (I understand no technical support is 'officially' offered for Unstable) but more for players to share any questions/issues/fixes they may have in the pack specifically.
https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/alpha-unstable-pack-bug-reports.42413/
I've been using this one. A few more threads have popped up in that section since then covering the pack. That is the oldest and most used though. Might be worth ignoring the first few pages. It has been around since the original unstable. Just know one felt like maintaining a newer thread.

I've yet to play the most recent update to Unstable. Hoping to give it a look after I wake up. The last version was crap. Got it fixed though and it runs great. Though I haven't gotten far in it.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'll try relaying the cables again starting with the conduit. Wish me luck!

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway to change the name of the iguana tweak levels on tools?
Its configs have a entire folder dedicated to them. I don't remember seeing anything there covering renaming though. Minetweaker or similar might have something for it, now that I think of it. Be worth checking out all there wikis.

Reactions: jdog1408

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway to change the name of the iguana tweak levels on tools?

Look in the "Level Config.cfg" file, which you can find in the "TiC Tweaks" folder under your config folder.
You can change the name of the levels and even the text shown when the tools level up, or even you can add more levels!
One of the few mods that their config files are cover everything and EASILY understandable. Everithing is explained in HUMAN LANGUAGE...:D
Not like (sadly) most of the mods config files, when even the explanations itself required to be explained...:rolleyes:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Trying to figure out what config setting allowed Pam's Harvestcraft saplings to show up when bonemealing grass on a Horizons server. Is this a function that was removed from later versions of the mod?

S

Stoannn

Is there a way to filter items by specific nbt strings? I'm trying to set up a system where I can filter out the DNA sequences I need from the genetics analyser

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there a way to filter items by specific nbt strings? I'm trying to set up a system where I can filter out the DNA sequences I need from the genetics analyser
Several item sorting systems can match NBT; Thermal Dynamics, EnderIO, and Applied Energistics among them. However, I don't know of any system that you can instruct to look at a specific subset of an item's NBT data... but maybe ComputerCraft can do that? I don't really know.

I'm guessing you're trying to set up a system that will take a bunch of gene samples and send the ones that you want to keep (e.g. species traits, Fastest Worker, max fertility, etc.) to a chest somewhere and the rest into a furnace to be re-used. Since you really only need one of each sample (I think?), telling a Thermal Dynamics filter which ones you want to keep wouldn't even help, since if you already have a sample to program the filter with, you don't really need any more.

You could probably write a ComputerCraft script to take a sample, compare it to all of the samples in a chest to see if it matches any, and if it does, throw it out because it's a duplicate. I don't know if CC can look at NBT data directly, but if not, that's probably your best bet.

S

Stoannn

Several item sorting systems can match NBT; Thermal Dynamics, EnderIO, and Applied Energistics among them. However, I don't know of any system that you can instruct to look at a specific subset of an item's NBT data... but maybe ComputerCraft can do that? I don't really know.

I'm guessing you're trying to set up a system that will take a bunch of gene samples and send the ones that you want to keep (e.g. species traits, Fastest Worker, max fertility, etc.) to a chest somewhere and the rest into a furnace to be re-used. Since you really only need one of each sample (I think?), telling a Thermal Dynamics filter which ones you want to keep wouldn't even help, since if you already have a sample to program the filter with, you don't really need any more.

You could probably write a ComputerCraft script to take a sample, compare it to all of the samples in a chest to see if it matches any, and if it does, throw it out because it's a duplicate. I don't know if CC can look at NBT data directly, but if not, that's probably your best bet.

Alright, thanks for your reply. That's pretty much what I was trying to do yes, and maybe have it set of an alarm if I get the sample I need. I was afraid that computercraft was maybe gonna be my the only option. I might be able to do the comparing with enderio though? Doesn't the conduit system have a ditch if it's already there option of sorts?

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I have a very strange problem now.
I have to resolve ID conflicts, and I know how to do it, BUT the IDConficts.txt not created!
I'm using the MultiMC launcher always when I mod MC, and first I thuoght there is something wrong with that program. So I try my pack with the vanilla minecraft launcer and even that not creating the log file.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I have a very strange problem now.
I have to resolve ID conflicts, and I know how to do it, BUT the IDConficts.txt not created!
I'm using the MultiMC launcher always when I mod MC, and first I thuoght there is something wrong with that program. So I try my pack with the vanilla minecraft launcer and even that not creating the log file.

What version of MC are you using?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Tinkering with a new modpack, I notice it doesn't have "use middle mouse button to auto-organize inventory" on. How do I turn that on?