Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
There is a Flux Scrubber in thaumcraft that when supplied with aer vis can clean up flux goo and gas nearby. It even makes a small amount of precanteo essentia if you choose to pipe it out of the Scrubber.
"Powered with aer vis" means I need an energized node feeding CV through relays, right?

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Hard to tell at that angle, but it looks like the drain is in a corner, not a side. Blocks in the corners don't count as the multi block.
XOOOX
OXXXO
OXXXO
OXXXO
XOOOX

X is bad placement, o is good placement.
Thanks! But the drain was not on a corner.

But I finally made it. You don't need any other mod to pipe liquids to and from basins or tanks in TiCo.
I just put a drain with the input hole (the largest one) turned outside the smeltery, with a chanel attached to it. On top of the channel, a faucet attached to the tank I wanted to pour back to the smeltery.
9Hd6Toh.png
I previously struggleed to empty a partially filled basin, which you can do, by putting a faucet directly on the basin, and pour to a seared tank only.
I was sure you can. ;)
Thanks to every guys who tried to help me. That was very nice.
Problem solved!

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Another daft TC4.2 question.

Is there anything like the old alembics I can use to get extraneous essentia out of my crucible?

When making thaumium I end up using infused shards for the praecantatio, then I basically round it all up and make balanced shards to remove the excess primals.

The only problem is I end up with a ton of vitreus in the crucible and it ends up overflowing unless I leave it to break down naturally.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Not that I'm aware of,but this is also why I love the Thaumatorium. No Mess :)

You can forcibly empty a cruicble with a shift-right click with a wand, and the aforementioned flux scrubbers can clean up any flux gas or goo made, making some preceanteo essentia in the process.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019

Is there anything like the old alembics I can use to get extraneous essentia out of my crucible?

When making thaumium I end up using infused shards for the praecantatio, then I basically round it all up and make balanced shards to remove the excess primals.

The only problem is I end up with a ton of vitreus in the crucible and it ends up overflowing unless I leave it to break down naturally.

Nope

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hello everyone ! I'm just wonder if there is an item that will let you mine faster while flying or underwater ?

Playing on FTB Infinity.

Thank you =)
Aqua Affinity will let you mine faster when standing on the bottom when under water.
Else go for anything that mines instantly when flying or swimming. The GraviSuite Vajra is great for that(combos nice with Gravichest).

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity 1.5.1 the NEI shows Crafting Module as an option, but I can't see the recipe or find it on the interwebz.

Is there a recipe available, or does it still needs to be implemented?

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having trouble making energized glowstone in a smeltery. I'm not sure if it's because I added iguana tinker tweaks or if it's a problem that happens even with an unmodified version of the pack, but the glowstone (regardless of whether it's in block or dust form) just sits in the smeltery's inventory, perpetually smelting and consuming fuel...

You need to use pyrotheum to melt glowstone and redstone in a smeltery

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Also, using logistics pipes (Infinity 1.5.1) is it possible to configure 1 pipe (or 1 module) to be able to craft several different recipes on demand?

InUniverse

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 Sanity check.

Other then the quartz tools (and extra TiC parts) (and adding quartz to a weapon to make it more powerful) is there anything you can't do with pure certus quartz that you can do with regular?

I've noticed you can back convert from the storage block and appreciate that I've got a way back, is there any reason to not double every quartz you get into pure?
You can't charge a pure quartz crystal, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

Late to the party with this answer but the solution to the mess is to use essentia crystalisers to make single aspect crystals and use the exact requirement of aspect in the crucible - so no excess and no mess

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity 1.5.1, on two separate occasion, as I was about to be killed by a creeper, I was teleported away from the explosion and survived unscathed.

What caused this? Is it intentional? There were occasions where I died from explosions before.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity 1.5.1, on two separate occasion, as I was about to be killed by a creeper, I was teleported away from the explosion and survived unscathed.

What caused this? Is it intentional? There were occasions where I died from explosions before.

It was a concussion creeper from Ender Zoo, they teleport you instead of blowing you up.