Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I heard something about being able to do advanced selection with the router's machine filter - things like "everything except machine X", or selecting from several different machines, and such. Is this true, and if so how do you do it?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I have 6 Thermal Generator with Liquid Amounts of 10,000 each. These surround a pillar of glass fiber cables. These cables run into an MFE (soon to be 5 MFEs). The MFE runs to my main base underground, into an LV-Transformer, from the LV-Transformer into a Batbox, into all of my Advanced IC2 Machines. The only problem is my Batbox is not receiving any EU. I made an EU Reader and checked every cable in the network, all say zero for in, out, and gain. Why am I not getting any EU? Also, the MFE is 100% full with EU.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
I have 6 Thermal Generator with Liquid Amounts of 10,000 each. These surround a pillar of glass fiber cables. These cables run into an MFE (soon to be 5 MFEs). The MFE runs to my main base underground, into an LV-Transformer, from the LV-Transformer into a Batbox, into all of my Advanced IC2 Machines. The only problem is my Batbox is not receiving any EU. I made an EU Reader and checked every cable in the network, all say zero for in, out, and gain. Why am I not getting any EU? Also, the MFE is 100% full with EU.
Need pictures

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
OK I got my 36HP up and running all the way to to 1000c and then my stills ran out of Fertilizer. I had tons of Apatite and sand, I just forgot to keep refilling them. I've got it all automated now, fed from a barrel of saplings and a barrel of Fertilizer, but I have to keep the barrel topped up manually.

I've transferred my world onto a server, so now it's running 24/7 and gradually burning through my Apatite. It'll be really slowly burning through it once it hits 1000c, I guess, but how slowly? The Railcraft Boiler Simulator posted earlier doesn't simulate back up the supply chain to the Fermenters that produce the Biomass that produces the Biofuel. Has anyone crunched the numbers on how much Fertilizer a 36HP needs to keep it running on biofuel? Does it depend on how many stills/fermenters you have running? I have 4 of each.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
OK I got my 36HP up and running all the way to to 1000c and then my stills ran out of Fertilizer. I had tons of Apatite and sand, I just forgot to keep refilling them. I've got it all automated now, fed from a barrel of saplings and a barrel of Fertilizer, but I have to keep the barrel topped up manually.

I've transferred my world onto a server, so now it's running 24/7 and gradually burning through my Apatite. It'll be really slowly burning through it once it hits 1000c, I guess, but how slowly? The Railcraft Boiler Simulator posted earlier doesn't simulate back up the supply chain to the Fermenters that produce the Biomass that produces the Biofuel. Has anyone crunched the numbers on how much Fertilizer a 36HP needs to keep it running on biofuel? Does it depend on how many stills/fermenters you have running? I have 4 of each.
The boiler should burn 36 buckets of biofuel per hour. If I've done the math right a piece of fertilizer makes 48 buckets of biofuel, using water in the fermenter and distilling it in stills. Fertilizer lasts 200 cycles, each sapling cycled makes .8 buckets of BM, which makes .24 buckets of BF. (1 bucket of BM makes .3 buckets of BF in the still) 200*.8=160*.3=48 OR 200*.24=48
So, a piece of fertilizer should last you about an hour and 20 minutes or so, using ONE fermenter. One fermenter should be enough to keep 3 or 4 (maybe more) stills running.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
OK that's not too bad, 18 Fertilizer per day, I have 32 stacks so I should be good until the end of July. Cool. I can relax now.
If you're farming oak trees, you can squeeze the apples, you get apple juice, when used instead of water in your fermenter you get 50% more biomass per sapling. You also get mulch from the apples, which lasts 250 cycles in the fermenter, compared to the 200 fertilizer lasts, plus apples are renewable, apatite is a finite resource (well with mystcraft, not really, but I digress). You won't get enough apples (unless you have a REALLY big tree farm) to keep a fermenter permanently running on apple juice, but you can have a separate fermenter for juice, or just let it build up and switch to it in your main fermenter once in a while.

Side Note: I still haven't figured out why oak trees grow apples. :confused:

xBTx

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a limit to the amount of energy that a single side of an energy tesseract can output?

A tesseract can only input/output 100 mj/t. You would have to use multiple to go beyond that. Don't forget the 25% energy loss.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
A tesseract can only input/output 100 mj/t. You would have to use multiple to go beyond that. Don't forget the 25% energy loss.
Is that limit per face? Crud, I've never seen that documented. that explains part of my mining well woes.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
25% energy loss? So pumping 28 mj/t into a tessaract is only netting me 21 mj/t on the other side? That's outrageous!
Also, can the Mazebreaker be repaired? I hope so...

xBTx

Jul 29, 2019
25% energy loss? So pumping 28 mj/t into a tessaract is only netting me 21 mj/t on the other side? That's outrageous!

I think it keeps it balanced, considering you are teleporting energy around. It can be changed in the TE configs though.