Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Not logistics pipes. Those are cool but complicated. I was thinking buildcraft's transport pipes.
Ok, I'm trying to draw 2 ores from ME system with an emerald pipe. I assigned the 2 ores as non-blocking. I tried drawing directly from the network or using an interface. In both input and output tesseracts I used iron pipes to go after the emerald pipe.

Edit: Ok, no matter how good Buildcraft pipes may be (and I think they are, for what I've seen) they do not help me here. So, I went to what I think is the easy solution. Sending link to picks to hear you guys out. Thanks for everything. http://imgur.com/a/fjZer

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does anyone know of other mods that add something like the Ender Tech Exchanger or the Thaumcraft Equal Trade Foci?
Ramdom Things Block Replacer (sort of). You place blocks in its inventory and rightclick to replace individual blocks with blocks from the inventory. Replaced blocks are lost to balance its cheap recipe and the replacer takes durability damage(can be enchanted with unbreaking).

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Ok, I'm trying to draw 2 ores from ME system with an emerald pipe. I assigned the 2 ores as non-blocking. I tried drawing directly from the network or using an interface. In both input and output tesseracts I used iron pipes to go after the emerald pipe.

Edit: Ok, no matter how good Buildcraft pipes may be (and I think they are, for what I've seen) they do not help me here. So, I went to what I think is the easy solution. Sending link to picks to hear you guys out. Thanks for everything. http://imgur.com/a/fjZer

Are you sure it's not an AE2 issue?

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
There's this mod (might be an addon for NEI) that lets you choose between recipes if there's more than one for single item. E.g. in the modpack I'm currently playing, there are 2 things you can craft a single diamond into: 9 diamond nuggets or 3 diamond shards (Practicalities) but atm it only shows the nugget recipe. Does anyone know, what the mod is called?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
There's this mod (might be an addon for NEI) that lets you choose between recipes if there's more than one for single item. E.g. in the modpack I'm currently playing, there are 2 things you can craft a single diamond into: 9 diamond nuggets or 3 diamond shards (Practicalities) but atm it only shows the nugget recipe. Does anyone know, what the mod is called?
NoMoreRecipeConflict?

Valdorel

Jul 29, 2019
Im having some trouble with fluiduct filters/servos. I Have a sewer setup on my auto-farm that produces both sewage and mob essence(result of breeder machine.) Ive got seperate pipes connected for each liquid, but for the life of me i cant figure out how to work filters/servos to make sure each liquid only goes in the appropriate fluiduct. Ive tried using both the blacklist/whitelist features on the servo with a bucket of the liquids, but the tubes keep filling with either liquid regardless of settings. Thoughts?

Edit: Using the latest DW20 pack btw.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Im having some trouble with fluiduct filters/servos. I Have a sewer setup on my auto-farm that produces both sewage and mob essence(result of breeder machine.) Ive got seperate pipes connected for each liquid, but for the life of me i cant figure out how to work filters/servos to make sure each liquid only goes in the appropriate fluiduct. Ive tried using both the blacklist/whitelist features on the servo with a bucket of the liquids, but the tubes keep filling with either liquid regardless of settings. Thoughts?
You might have issues because the Sewer outputs the fluids into the ducts by itself. I think the servo filters applies to the Extraction mode once it is activated with redstone/servo setting ON. So it might actually be circumventing the filter completely.

What you could try is putting a tank(the BC glass tank should do) under the Sewer and then have the fluiducts attached to the tank set in extraction mode with the Whitelists set to the respective fluids.

You could also instead use the MFR fluid router(I think it is called something like that). Think you just attach it under the Sewer and then filter the outputs to the correct sides and attach the Fluiducts.

Reactions: Valdorel

Valdorel

Jul 29, 2019
Seems you were absolutely correct. Either solution works, didn't know the fluid router existed till now, will solve quite a few issues. THANK YOU!

_MasterEnderman_

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to add own materials for Tinker's Construct Tools? I think the stats are changeable via modtweak, but on the wiki is nothing said about own materials...

grubber

Jul 29, 2019
What biomes offer the best chance to find bluebell flowers? Do bluebell seeds randomly "drop" when whacking the grass?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it's not an AE2 issue?

No, I don't think it is. Also, I'm on Monster 1.1.1. Only got AE1. I've sorted the problem through a way that is new to me but has been working great: logistics pipes. Connected an ender chest to the AE system with a bunch of pipes and an ME network. At the ender chest near the extractors I have a regular chest with a supplier pipe telling it to have 5 ores of each at all times. No problem there.

The problem is when I attached supplier pipes to the extractors so as to have 1 ore being processed at all times. Doesn't work. The buffer chest sends items alright (if I use a powered emerald pipe) but not one lands on the extractors. They just get spat out. Should I use a basic pipe, or is the only way to have the extractor working through crafting requests?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it possible to "merge" multiple MFFS force fields to create a single unbroken interior out of multiple shapes?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
if you using logistics pipes htere, I'm assuming you are exporting ore to that ender chest btw here.

I'd suggest a Provider Pipe on the ender chest, and suppliers on the extractors.

EDIT:
If you extracting into the Logistics pipes network, ore will spill if it has no destination to go to. Hence why I suggest the provider/supplier combo instead.

In short LP works mostly on two combos, Extractor/Destination (Basic) pipes, and Provider/Supplier or Requester. Crafting pipes can act as both provider and a requester.

Extractors attempt ot move to a valid Destination, or the default route if not availble. If there is no room it goes to default rote, if if that's full or non existant it simply spills. The Module version is a little less spill prone if you use the extractor module as well (and extractor mk3 is fast).

Providers allow the Request or Supplier Pipes to access items in the inventory they attached to. As mentioned a Crafting pipe acts as both here, but all it really does is place the items in and wait for the designated output to appear in the inventory.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Has the MFR harvester been slowed down recently? Harvesting trees seems to be taking 10 times as long as it used to. I'm on Infinity 1.4.1, MFR 2.8.0RC8-86. I can't see anything in the config about speed.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Has the MFR harvester been slowed down recently? Harvesting trees seems to be taking 10 times as long as it used to. I'm on Infinity 1.4.1, MFR 2.8.0RC8-86. I can't see anything in the config about speed.
Being full of Sludge will slow it down now. Empty it out and it will be back to same old speed.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get mob drops in peaceful mode using the default Infinity pack mods? I'm pretty sure one of the mods in the pack used to have, and possibly still has, a block that supplies mob drops as it runs as long as you keep it supplied with a sword. What was that block called, if you know? Any other non-cheat solutions are also welcome, obviously...

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Is there any way to get mob drops in peaceful mode using the default Infinity pack mods? I'm pretty sure one of the mods in the pack used to have, and possibly still has, a block that supplies mob drops as it runs as long as you keep it supplied with a sword. What was that block called, if you know? Any other non-cheat solutions are also welcome, obviously...
That'd be the Peaceful Table from Extra Utilities

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Peaceful table from Extra Utilities is the one you are thinking off.

Another option is Bees. There are just about a bees for every mob drop out there. Requires an investment of time, but could be well worth it for a renewable source of stuff that might not be available otherwise.

I don't have any real experience with peaceful mode, but it might even be possible to acquire some mobs to capture for something like a MFR Autospawner by getting mob drops and then dropping them on the ground near bees with the Resurrection Effect(spawns mobs "back to life" from mob drops).

Last edited: