Ars Magica 2 community spellbook

pseudonymn

Jul 29, 2019
Google brought me here; see thread necro; have answers; reply mode engaged!
My level 29. What spells to use, for the best receiving experience? All abilities are already open.
Basically, as your level increases, older spells begin to show diminishing returns in their ability to generate spell XP points. If you're still using the basic, entry level "projectile>>dig" spell, for instance, you'll never get very far.

You need to make newer, more complex spells that continue to tax your mana pool with each casting. When creating spells that I will use to level up with, I try to aim for spells that will cost around 1/10th of my current mana reserves per use. This seems to keep both my ability to cast the spells efficiently and my ability to level up at a satisfactory rate intact (I'm at level 59 now). It's still grindy, you'll create dozens of spells and cast them all thousands times before you reach level 99, but it is doable.

The type of spell is really only up to you, there is no single "good spell" to level up with; the spell's cost relative to your level is what's most important here, which is to say that the more the spell costs, the better it is for leveling up. Said the Archmage to the Apprentice, "It's time to put away those cantrips and move on to something more appropriate to your abilities!"

And now, to my own question. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction:

Has anyone been able to get the Create Water spell together with Target Non-solid Blocks modifier to work? I'm trying to fill a resevoir with source blocks, one layer at a time, and I want my create water spell to create source blocks on top of the first and subsequent layers. I've tried placing the TNsB modifier at various stages in my spell recipes (thank god for the Arcane Deconstructor!) but so far it's not producing the desired behavior.

[Edit] Never mind, I've figured it out. The TNsB modifier needs to go in the Shape Groups section at the top rather than in the spell grammar section at the bottom where I had been placing it up until now. Works perfectly now!

Last edited:

Arcane Master

Jul 29, 2019
For all those savvy on knowing how defuse a WARDED block!!!
I suggest using, Projectile|Dispell. Now sorry m8's haven't actually tried it out, but spell grammar looks correctomendo to me so, please, try it out and tell me how it goes!!!!!

C

chbachman

I suggest using, Projectile|Dispell. Now sorry m8's haven't actually tried it out, but spell grammar looks correctomendo to me so, please, try it out and tell me how it goes!!!!!
Just FYI, they are from different mods. Probably not going to work, unless Ars Magica specifically supports it.

Reactions: Padfoote

Arcane Master

Jul 29, 2019
I remember Mith saying he integrated it, but that is why I made sure I stated I had not physically tried it yet, but thx for the fyi anyhow!

pseudonymn

Jul 29, 2019
So, here's a new hitch in my latest dabblings at the crafting alter, as I labor to construct a spell with the "reflect" component for a much needed defensive buff:

2a97hqp.png

What is shown here looks to be an ordinary wood block. The compendium confirms that a log (any log) is a required reagent in the creation of the spell and cites the ore dictionary's list of acceptable wood logs (no planks), which is to say that the crafting altar should accept any/all registered log types. However, when I read the book on the lectern, where it should request just any old log, it's instead asking for "logWood", which appears to my eyes to be codespeak for the ore dictionary's list of registered logs.

The problem is that, so far, the crafting altar won't accept any logs of any type that I have tried. I'm beginning to think that the crafting altar wants a specific type of log rather than going by what's in the ore dictionary. However, I can't recall ever having seen a log with that texture before. I've tossed in just about every log sample I can get my hands on and they've all be rejected. I cannot progress past this reagent to complete the spell. I've even given it some exotic samples, like a creosote-soaked log (from railcraft, it had a similar looking texture), to no avail.

Does anyone recognize this specific type of log that the altar wants? Or if you have another solution to the problem, I'd love to hear it!

Cheers!

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
So, here's a new hitch in my latest dabblings at the crafting alter, as I labor to construct a spell with the "reflect" component for a much needed defensive buff:

2a97hqp.png

What is shown here looks to be an ordinary wood block. The compendium confirms that a log (any log) is a required reagent in the creation of the spell and cites the ore dictionary's list of acceptable wood logs (no planks), which is to say that the crafting altar should accept any/all registered log types. However, when I read the book on the lectern, where it should request just any old log, it's instead asking for "logWood", which appears to my eyes to be codespeak for the ore dictionary's list of registered logs.

The problem is that, so far, the crafting altar won't accept any logs of any type that I have tried. I'm beginning to think that the crafting altar wants a specific type of log rather than going by what's in the ore dictionary. However, I can't recall ever having seen a log with that texture before. I've tossed in just about every log sample I can get my hands on and they've all be rejected. I cannot progress past this reagent to complete the spell. I've even given it some exotic samples, like a creosote-soaked log (from railcraft, it had a similar looking texture), to no avail.

Does anyone recognize this specific type of log that the altar wants? Or if you have another solution to the problem, I'd love to hear it!

Cheers!

Acacia log worked for me.

Shouter14

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I have a question. I am playing on a server that uses ars magica (crackpack). Alot of users are using this spell every second that multiplies their flat damage. When they cast it hearts and a white ring appear around them for a short duration. Does anyone know what this spell could be?

Willixir

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been doing some research on this ALL DAY, and as far as I've been able to tell, there IS a summon rain spell that you can make, but I have yet to find any explanation on what I'm supposed to do to make it. Does anyone have any tips on this? This is my last hope, /toggledownfall has stopped working for me for some reason, and I have no way otherwise to fight the water guardian and actually progress.

THEOSWORLD_MC

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone I'm The Archmage THEOSWORLD_MC here to answer all you wizarding worries. I have a YouTube channel where I go over all my best spells including instakill spells, invincibility spells. Simply type in Google "Op ars magica spells" and click the first YouTube video that comes up. I will be on this forum often to answer your problems.

So I've been doing some research on this ALL DAY, and as far as I've been able to tell, there IS a summon rain spell that you can make, but I have yet to find any explanation on what I'm supposed to do to make it. Does anyone have any tips on this? This is my last hope, /toggledownfall has stopped working for me for some reason, and I have no way otherwise to fight the water guardian and actually progress.

Try a simple projectile,storm spell

Hey I have a question. I am playing on a server that uses ars magica (crackpack). Alot of users are using this spell every second that multiplies their flat damage. When they cast it hearts and a white ring appear around them for a short duration. Does anyone know what this spell could be?

They are using a magic shield spell. To get through this use an attack spell however on the front of it put dispel. For example projectile,dispell,fire damage or something along those lines should work. The spell as I would choose to make it would be self, duration,duration,duration,magic shield (not mana shield the other one I forgot its name).

That would not work if you are talking about that craft because the dispell component does not affect warded blocks. The only way to break warded block is with a dig spell but sadly many servers have it disabled.

Alright now for some of the most frequently asked questions.

How do I make a good xp spell?

Channel,telepathy is the best possible so spell without using lots of mana.

How do i make a spell that does lots of damage to other players?

An instkill spell I made does this just fine. Components are projectile,speed,speed,speed,ignition,contingency fire, self, lifetap, damage, damage , damage (does about 400 damage per shot and costs about 20 mana to cast).

How do I fix said spell after I've realised its permenant?

A spell to fix it is to simply over ride it with another fire contingency the easiest being projectile,contingency fire,self,heal

That's all for now ask me if you have any more questions!

jiggi123

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me I'm new to this mod and I was wondering what combination to use for a to home aka to my bed

DenLegyric

Jul 29, 2019
Try,

Projectile | Mark : cast this spell inside your house

and to go back to your house try,

Self | Recall

THEOSWORLD_MC

Jul 29, 2019
With bound things you need to make them in a crafting alter not in the table so that you can use the right binding catalyst.

Zero_ui9

Jul 29, 2019
Using projectile>AoE>Growth i can't seem to get tarma root, cerublossom, or desert novas to grow at all, even though finding many things on the internet saying that it works. the only thing I've been able to grow is wakebloom, which isnt very useful. it doesn't help that those plants are so rare, and specifically tarma root is damn near impossible to find. Whats up with this?

Zero_ui9

Jul 29, 2019
Also figured out an insane quarry spell:
Projectile>zone>durationx3>wall>projectile>piercingx3>AoE>dig>mining power
can be casted on a summon(or w/e mob you have around) and then just aim where you want to dig. Very good with clearing out large areas in a short amount of time, and the best part? only costs 25 mana to cast. Adding feather touch to the end of that brings it to 31.25 mana, and then also adding radiusx3 to the AoE puts it at 937.5 mana.

Last edited:

DenLegyric

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I found a very powerful spell it can kill Winter Guardian with just a single cast.

Shape 1 :

- Projectile

Shape 2 :

- Wall
- Self

Combinations :

-Entangle
-Firestorm
-Damage
-Damage
-Damage
-Storm

it cost 15k mana but it's very powerful.

Cheaper spell :

Shape 1:

-Projectile

Combinations:

-Firestorn
-Storm

it does 90 Damages (45 Hearts) and it cost 3.8k mana