[Beta] Atum 1.6.4 Alpha Test

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, Shadowclaimer here.

Atum was a great undertaking for myself and Keith back in the day, it came in 3rd in Modjam and had a HUGE fan following. When 1.6 rolled around Keith became busy with university and the mod needed major tune ups due to some entity changes, so it was put on the back burner.

Thankfully another member of our staff recently stepped up and recoded the mod (over 48,000 lines of changed code in just a few days). We're currently hardcore bug hunting, there's a lot of them, but we're slowly but surely locking them down.

This is where we need help, we need people who are great at tearing up mods and breaking mods and figured, who else would be better.

If you're interested in helping out, you can find the Alpha version at: (Requires 1.6.4 and latest Forge version)

V0.6.0b (3/13/2014) -
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/133104981/jar/Atum1.6.4-0.6.0.jar

When reporting bugs please report them at the Github, make sure to note version number of the test version you're running when you do and any crash logs you may have.

https://github.com/lclc98/Atum/issues?state=open

I'll try to keep this thread up to date with more information as it rolls out.

For basic information on Atum, please visit:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...to-the-sands-043b-the-artifact-update-672013/

Last edited:

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Yes! I just found out about this mod a short while ago and I'd *love* to add it to my pack! More worlds to explore!

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
This version is not pack stable, I'm just warning you now, I would not advise putting this on long term servers haha.

For minor testing to see how multiplayer reacts, sure, but I would not advise this as pack/server safe at this very moment lol

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. I know. But I'll add it to the server as soon as it is. I have about 4 or 5 mods that I'll add once they're stable. So happy to learn Atum is getting some love again. Maybe even test it in SSP beforehand just cuz I can.

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
Our current server is a nightmare on difficulty, and we'll be throwing it on there with increased mob spawns, Infernal Mobs, and more mob health..

My fans are going to HATE me.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my, this looks awesome, I love mods that open up other Dimensions that are extremely in depth. Aether was the first mod that I fell in love with because of all this. I would love to play this, haha however, tho I aspire to be a mod dev, I do not have the know how to break things in a mod sadly :/ I will however keep watch on this and eagerly await status updates :D

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Ermahgerd totally gonna test this out tomorrow. I was actually thinking about how sad it was that it wasn't updated anymore :3.

So, are you back in the modding scene or merely back for (community) managment? I was somewhat sad when I found out you left MC modding. You're awesome, mate.

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
Harley9699 on the MCF posted a picture explaining the new Atum portal design:

tr9u.png

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
I can't provide an ETA at the time being because we are currently trying to round out a handful of mods (this included).

Atum is fun, its nightmarish, but fun. I enjoy seeing the tons of people on servers who build up fortresses around their portal and strive to survive.

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I can't provide an ETA at the time being because we are currently trying to round out a handful of mods (this included).

Atum is fun, its nightmarish, but fun. I enjoy seeing the tons of people on servers who build up fortresses around their portal and strive to survive.

Gotcha. Last question while you're here, does Aquaculture work on 1.6.4, or still only 1.6.2?

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
It works fine on 1.6.4 =) we run it on the server we're on.

There's some issues with lures acting funny, but it works.