Agrarian Skies: A True Challenge

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Don't have enough of a challenge? Well then this map is for you.

This map contains 4 blocks at the start, and it's up to you to rebuild the world.

RmVcXLi.png

This map also features a reward system that rewards you for every hour you play.
(55% chance of basic reward bag, 33% chance of good reward bag, 11% chance of greater reward bag).
I will be adding a map has the reward system disabled later.

Map Downloads:

Reward System Enabled
Reward System Disabled (Not available yet).

Installation Tutorial for the noobs:
1. Find the directory where all of your FTB modpacks are saved.
2. Open the folder called AgrarianSkiesHQ
3. Open the folder called minecraft
4. Open the folder called saves
5. Open the ZIP file that you downloaded
6. Drag and drop the file inside the ZIP into saves
7. Start Agrarian Skies and play!
Basic Tutorial, Tips and tricks (SPOILERS):

When you first start, you will be standing on a crafting table, right click on it to view it's contents, and craft the book binder and place all of your books in it, then place it back into the crafting table to store it (so if you die in the next step, your books are safe).

TpPQ5Pn.png

Then sneak to the north, west, or south side and right click the hopper below you (it's kinda hard to see/get).

ZVpKx8l.png

Take 1 'Throwable water balloon' out of the hopper, and throw it at the side of the crafting table. (DO NOT MISS, IF YOU DO THAT, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR RAIN.)
ueL5Wdf.png
Sihny3E.png

You can then use the water go down and get dirt out of the Dirchest9000!.

874xZph.png

Then you can place the dirt down and try to grow some trees, and get saplings. I usually make mine shaped like this because I can collect anything that falls.

SjZWoHe.png

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Rewarding players for playing time is a bad idea. People will simply be afk, and when they come back, they end up with a inventory full of reward bags.
It's certainly an interesting idea, but it needs to be more balanced and stuff. It would be cool to see this mechanic used if exploitation could be avoided

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kill-Joy

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
It's certainly an interesting idea, but it needs to be more balanced and stuff. It would be cool to see this mechanic used if exploitation could be avoided

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk
Should be easy to write a mod that detects if the player actually does stuff instead of having a weight on his right mouse button.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Perhaps they have to press a button regularly if they want the reward? Perhaps each press lasts five or so minutes, and every 12 presses means a bag.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Or it could be a repeatable quest with no requirements, just a timer based reset.

That way you have to come back every interval to actually collect the reward instead of just handing it over to them for being there

Reactions: RyTechro

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Or it could be a repeatable quest with no requirements, just a timer based reset.

That way you have to come back every interval to actually collect the reward instead of just handing it over to them for being there
But then they could just set their watch or something to go off after 30 minutes while they AFK. If they do something like press a button every 5 minutes, then it's much less convenient to AFK.

RyTechro

Jul 29, 2019
I think that IF you want to abuse this bug/feature than you will succeed. Its not difficult to write a program that klicks every 5 minits. There is always an way to abuse something