Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using MFR anyway why not just grind all the mobs from your normal mob trap and then use the essence to spawn skeletons wherever you want them? That is what I did. I've got 4 5x5 cursed earth spawner/grinders dumping mob essence into an AE system. Then use an autospawner to spawn skeletons which conveyor belts dump onto spikes covered by a thin flow of witch water.

What did I need all those wither skulls for? Infusion crafting instability reduction. I'd put up some pictures if the auth servers were up.

I used the cofh killall command in the nether to get it to start spawning mobs properly.

Oh hey, now this is an Epic Reward.
qo78SSp.jpg
yeah i was lucky enough to get this one with repair V on the hoe and axe

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Simple netherrack, but i have the same problem with those swords made out of paper blade and cactus guard, i just cant repair it no matter jhow much paper i try to use.
Just checked the config that controls all this stuff(IguanaTweaksTConstruct.cfg) and saw these lines:
Code:
####################
# repairs
#===================
# Changes to tool repairing
####################

repairs {
  # Increase or decrease repair costs (higher = more expensive)
  I:repairCostPercentage=100

# Repairs are less effective the more a tool is repaired
  B:repairCostScaling=true

# Number of times TC tools can be repaired (only if 'repairLimitActive' is true) (set to 0 to disable repairs)
  I:repairLimit=30

# Number of times TC tools can be repaired is limited
  B:repairLimitActive=true

# Repair cost doubles after this many repairs (only if 'repairCostScaling' is true)
  I:repairScalingModifier=10
}

So my understanding here, is that it takes 100% more resources to repair a item(double I'd wager but somehow this isn't working at all), every 10 repairs this cost doubles, and each repair is less effective the the last, and you can only repair a tool 30 times.

...Now, lets run some config edits, shall we? You guys are actually able to repair your tools, rather, you have the resources and the need to repair them, so edit that section so it reads the following:
Code:
####################
# repairs
#===================
# Changes to tool repairing
####################

repairs {
  # Increase or decrease repair costs (higher = more expensive)
  I:repairCostPercentage=0

# Repairs are less effective the more a tool is repaired
  B:repairCostScaling=false

# Number of times TC tools can be repaired (only if 'repairLimitActive' is true) (set to 0 to disable repairs)
  I:repairLimit=30

# Number of times TC tools can be repaired is limited
  B:repairLimitActive=false

# Repair cost doubles after this many repairs (only if 'repairCostScaling' is true)
  I:repairScalingModifier=10
}
And tell me/us how this affects your tool repairs.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I wacked a couple of zombies and my pan grew moss. And the ability to cleave mob heads. And fire. Its the best weapon ive ever owned in minecraft now.

grayduster

Jul 29, 2019
Ill have to look at the pulverizer and see what its material requirements are. Hammering the ores I don't mind so much. Its the, harvest cobble from the gen, hammer the cobble to gravel, hammer again, hammer again. Right click 14 @#$(ing times to sift a block. repeat. This needs to go asap.

You could, of course, just hammer the cobblegen, and skip a step :) (Also, hammering it directly goes straight to your inventory without the whole cobble flying all over the place thing).

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
You could, of course, just hammer the cobblegen, and skip a step :) (Also, hammering it directly goes straight to your inventory without the whole cobble flying all over the place thing).
Well now i feel derpy, why on earth did i just spend 20 minutes hacking away at my cobblegen with my pick :p And thus, my first major derp in AS

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest derp was wasting saplings on dirt to plant trees while I had the dirt from the DirtChest 9000 laying around. Was already placed, would *probably* fall in the void if I broke it :(
Now I'm just waiting on trees to grow because I don't want to waste my last pieces of bonemeal.
(Just need a few more trees to get a Watering Can! (Playing on 2.0.2)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I got some spawn eggs that were renamed. I thought it would be cool to have some jadedcats running around, but just got wolves. And a single use safari net with a creeper surprise. (I thought it was empty and just had flavor text.)

Edit:

I did kinda expect the jadedcat spawn eggs to be an ender dragon. That would so be her.

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Not cool Ex Aliquo. I saw in 2.0.1 changelog that I could compost MFR Rubber (assumingly into dirt). Tried it, din't work.
Started farming Rubber Trees for nothing. Not close to start using MFR Machines.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
On a related topic, the MFR Leaves can't be composted, either. Just to save you the iron (or invar) and inventory space.

Most of my derps have been the classical sort -- is the mob grinder filling? How quickly can I get rid of this spare scaffold? What's that hissing sound? -- but then there's lava. I have what you might call an unhealthy relationship with lava : I use it for everything, and it gets drunk and lights my stuff on fire. Like when I tried setting up a magma crucible array on my farm platform. My wooden-platform-and-tree-filled farm platform. Well, used to be wooden-platform-and-tree-filled.

Might have the alcohol in the wrong place.

I've got a cobblestone foundry island, where some of the heavier industry and such goes on. On the top floor, temporarily until I have a power island, is now the magma crucible array. I'll eventually have it piping to the engines and tanks and such, but I'm still early enough in game that I don't the resources for that sort of automation. But I do have the a Tinker's Construct smelter for ore doubling. When the smelter's low on lava, I can just grab a bucket and refill the tanks, easy as can be.

And a careless right-click is how I lost my Frying Pan of Destiny, as well as a life.

Reactions: YX33A

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Stone barrels and crucibles look far too much alike. Took 10 minutes to figure out why I couldn't pipe cobble into my 'crucible.'

Side note: Where'd my weekend go?

Reactions: Shadow6758

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just got my cobble gen going. You know the river of water that makes a curve around the corner of the island, and there's a big space to void? Well, I placed my wood structure for the cobble gen there. Luckily, when the lava burnt the first piece of wood, I already had left that platform because I wanted to make a juicer... That was close. Used my first pieces of cobble to make the generator safe.

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Well, who'd say Cobble would make my food problem solved? Probably everyone, because obviously the cobble gen advances you in various fields when playing a SkyBlock.
So basically I got a Watering Can (enabled in 2.0.1) and started watering my carrots and wheat. Carrot Juice seems yummy.
EDIT: Started processing a stack of gravel, at the 31st piece, got my 1st diamond!
DERP! EDIT #2: My first non-deadly derp.... I was doing my Smeltery Quest, and I accidentally made two smeltery controllers instead of one smeltery controller and one tank... =/ I had done exact ammounts of seared bricks too.
Derp! EDIT #3: I don't want to doublepost, so more edits! Sooooo I almost died.... I wanted to test if microblocks would be safe to sneak in, but I tested near water. So I came to conclusion: Alright, forge microblocks' slabs are safe. I din't test the others because they weren't near my water and I was afraid of dieing. However, when I was unsneaking, I was too fast and fell, and I almost din't catch my water because my mouse derped. I only catched it a few blocks away from void.... Whew.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Not cool Ex Aliquo. I saw in 2.0.1 changelog that I could compost MFR Rubber (assumingly into dirt). Tried it, din't work.
Started farming Rubber Trees for nothing. Not close to start using MFR Machines.

Not for nothing. You can use the rubber to make silicon for AE---and you'll need a lot of it.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I placed a scythe in an activator to automatically kill mob in my mob drop tower so I could collect XP. The bad thing was, when it leveled up, it got the firey aspect which makes endermen teleport out of the trap. I had an enderman on my farm, and went to go get rid of it. I wasn't paying any attention to the dirt block it was holding...