A week of nothing

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This week you only get three things from me:
The latest versions of Horizons, Monster, and MW2 will move to recommended.

Yes, this does mean I decided to go the no update route before looking at moving packs stable. This does not mean, however, that I AM moving them stable, only looking at things I need to finish TO push them stable.

Over the course of the next week, I will be looking at worldgen (specifically ores,) recipes (conflicts and/or balance,) and generally a little balance across the board. This also means I need to be sure the current updates being released for several mods are stable (most of which I know currently are,) as well as finalizing some loose ends.

The general configs will also be getting an overhaul this week (busy week.) Up until this point, I have been leaving options/blocks that have been removed in recent updates in the configs for backward compatibility. All this will be removed. I am now (as of two weeks ago, I think) providing a modlist of what mod versions the configs are compiled against to @Jadedcat which will be passed down to those using the Universal configs. These will still only be updated once a week, but again, not this week.

So the notes for next week go something like this
Ore overhaul (both packs, mainly affecting M3/Horizons)
BoP and Highlands will become enabled by default in Monster
Recipe conflicts
Balance tweaks if needed
Universal configs overhaul
try to break all your things
Finalize modlists

Also remember before updating to the current recommended versions:
ATG world gen was changed. This doesn't mean
you need to restart your world.
Just means abrupt biome changes in existing worlds.

toodles

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Excellent. Sounding like we are starting to get close :p
Good decision taking some time to get your hands dirty with some of the core "problems", than releasing incremental updates with every new mod update.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I have been using the Big Reactors update 0.3 in a slightly enlarged monster pack for a few days now, the UI's aren't great, but the mod functions perfectly. There a few new blocks, and if you have an existing reactor in your world you need to take a block out to break the multiblock or you get a crash. It reforms and works perfectly after updating though, and the new means of power generation is awesome.

Even though its not quite ready for use in the pack, is it worth adding the new blocks to your config?

Can't wait for Stable, great work!

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz Do you know yet if Mariculture 1.2.0 will make it in for next weeks update. I've been holding off updating to 1.0.9 and doing a world reset and would like to generate a new world with this included. Thanks :)

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with making things stable first then do updates, as for world gen would this update fix all those pesky floating rubber trees in ATG rendered biomes?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Um, pics? Haven't seen this yet.

before update
ysgiE3u.png

after the update I could only find 1 but still happens

piB9Kjc.png

also I have noticed nearly EVERY village spawned in ATG is in the water before and after the update.

FvaUgDP.png
F4DOMlU.jpg
Y8KGwPS.png

This village was on top of pure hardened ice but since the update all hardened ice was invalid ID's so was destroyed, don't think its relevant but decided to add it anyway.
KRCS2bY.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
before update
ysgiE3u.png

piB9Kjc.png

also I have noticed nearly EVERY village spawned in ATG is in the water before and after the update.

FvaUgDP.png
F4DOMlU.jpg
Y8KGwPS.png

This village was on top of pure hardened ice but since the update all hardened ice was invalid ID's so was destroyed, don't think its relevant but decided to add it anyway.
KRCS2bY.png

villages have often been spawning in water for me aswell, and I'm using Biome's o Plenty and not ATG

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
Will DW20 be updated to 1.14 soon? I notice the launcher still has 1.12, but the changelog shows 1.14.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Will DW20 be updated to 1.14 soon? I notice the launcher still has 1.12, but the changelog shows 1.14.
The launcher has 1.0.14, but 1.0.12 is still recommended. If you want to pick a version higher than the recommended version you have to manually pick it in the dropdown menu.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
before update
ysgiE3u.png

piB9Kjc.png

FvaUgDP.png
F4DOMlU.jpg
Y8KGwPS.png

KRCS2bY.png

The floating trees are quite normal around lakes, if you have any that are just floating above ground and no water in the area then it might be a bit odd indeed. Floating trees happen quite a lot in vanilla around generated in land lakes (or pools might be a better word tbh) (with BoP enabled its even more common as the land generation there is kind of wierd in some biomes in terms of lakes etc).

As for the villages i dont have that issue at all, they seem to generate normally houses being cut off by oil/sludge or other pools added by mods is also normal. Hench in vanilla 1.6.4 i even had a 4 house village were 2 houses where merged into each other with grass being generated inside a house on top of a wooden floor. Nothing strange about those pics at all, aside from the last one that is but as you mentioned it was due to ID changes :p

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher has 1.0.14, but 1.0.12 is still recommended. If you want to pick a version higher than the recommended version you have to manually pick it in the dropdown menu.

Excellent. Thanks. Do you know how I can download the 1.14 server file?

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
From the FTB launcher, you'll want to access the drop down menu that lists the Mod Pack versions. It is located directly under the Maps tab (orange text). You can get all available versions from there.
Recommended will install the version of the mod pack that is listed between the parenthenses in the mod pack listing to the left (v1.0.9 for this week for Monster pack for example).