Welcome to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Welcome the the new Feed The Beast Forums. We have created this forum as a place for people to gather together and discuss the Feed The Beast Mod Pack and The Feed The Beast Map Pack and anything that might be related. We have created areas for you to talk about the mod pack and the individual mods, the FTB map pack, the texture packs also have areas for everyone to use. We have also Provided a place for people streaming or creating youtube videos of FTB related content to promote themselves. We have an area for third party FTB server admins to advertise or otherwise promote their FTB servers. Finally of course no good forum is complete without sections for Off Topic and Other Games.

As to future plans, well we have many of those. The current FTB team is an exceptional group of people who it is a genuine priviledge to be able to work with. However I do not intend for this to be the limits of the team and I would love to be able to include more people who have the necessary desire and ability in the team. With new people being added into the Map Build team, we will also be looking for people to help on the admin side of the project such as moderators and in the appropriate circumstances web admin and graphics design. For anyone interested, there will be a section on the forums where you can leave details about what you can offer.

With the new custom FTB launcher, we can provide players the ability to easily install not just only Minecraft Mods, but also maps and saves and also installation of high quality texture packs The creation of the FTB Mod Pack will finally give people a standarised config template from which to build and create new worlds and maps with, so we will be providing support in one form or another of third party maps. My hope is that exceptional third party maps may even be added into the launcher. Having one standardised config file will give the map makers the chance to make maps using mods and easily distribute them to a wide audience.

Expanding the Map Build Team will finally let us create and distribute all the different map styles that people want whilst maintaining our desire to keep the standards of creativity high. FTB maps look simple compared to a lot of others, however a lot of planning goes into the maps in both looks and balance. Hopefully we can maintain and improve on this in the future.

Anyways as is normal for me, this post has gone on longer than I expected, so I think I will end it here.

Slowpoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.