Pax East map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, this is just a quick update for everyone going to pax (or anyone else) that wants to play the FTB pax east challenge map. The modpack for pax is now available for download on the launcher just open up the launcher as normal, select the pax modpack and click launch, the modpack will then download and you will be able to go into single player and play the map. We advice going into the $FTBinstall/PaxChallenge/minecraft/saves and making a backup of the world before playing to avoid having to redownload, if you forget you can navigate to the maps tab and redownload the map to try again, hope you all enjoy the map and we hope to see some of you at pax.

EffinNipples

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is related to the update or not but my SP world isn't showing up in the launcher when I try to play the match. Anyone else having this issue?

Reactions: TheUnitedWaffles

t0his

Jul 29, 2019
hi in v.1 there is issue with 16biomass cans lights they wont light up.
btw realy nice map thx.

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
Confirming the bug that the biomass light is missing a red alloy wire
Also there should be a sign that the eu objective accepts only medium voltage
If you set your energy cell to anything other than 100/50 the golem won't grab it

Quick intro video:

CWW256

Jul 29, 2019
Technically the map is still in testing, and these and other problems are still being worked on, but thanks to all that are reporting.

Gorgo

Jul 29, 2019
Also nothing seemed to happen when I finished all the objectives. Bug or just not implemented yet? =)

Gorgo

Jul 29, 2019
About 2:45h... Was my first FTB map but I really enjoyed it and didn't really have any troubles (watched dw20 a lot!) except for the bugs, that also occurred to me (broke 1 stone brick and put the energy cell in the chest by hand ;))! :)

serjo43

Jul 29, 2019
that is too easy .. i tooked me 2h to finish all the chalanges
cWHVC8J.png

HadesJester

Jul 29, 2019
Ok when i go into the game and die on the map by falling off the world it says respawning in 10 seconds puts me on a bedrock platform, i wait 10 seconds and then it puts me on 1 block of bedrock in the middle of nowhere and i have to reload the map to do anything plz help

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
You will need to get under an hour to have any chance at the pax challenge I my self am just over that atm, but have one new idea thats could shave 3-5 minutes.

KingHeinz

Jul 29, 2019
to bad i cannot join pax east from germany :D
but i played the map two times. first time took me about 90 minutes.
after i thought a bit about what to do i am at about 35 minutes

Einyen

Jul 29, 2019
First run was 2h+ to figure out what was going on. Then 42:20, 37:30 and now I got it down to 32:30

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
gz 32 minutes sounds like a winning time I cant see anyway of getting lower than that, well not by much I will be watching if I can but I have not checked the time its on, but I think its the small hours AM for me, even if I did enter I would be half asleep, hope I can manage to stay awake to watch at least, gl to all who enter lets hope the winner is from the forums :).

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
yep I see where he made a huge leap on me I was going 5 AA's for the water bucket, & making half slabs to get to the pyramid, so he saved 12 minutes at least there, nice to see this even if it makes my efforts look weak :) hats off to KingHeinz.

Reactions: KingHeinz

Einyen

Jul 29, 2019
Damn 22min. I got down to 31:45 and thought it was somewhat fast. Using half slabs to get the nether brick was so simple yet ingenious. I didn't think of it, I went back with block breakers later to get them.

Wouldn't have thought using biogas engines was efficient but I guess it is, I was using magmatic engines which takes time to make all the Inwar ingots.

"No matter how good you are, there's always going to me someone better than you." -- Marge Simpson.

Both kinda cool but also very disheartening.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Me too I was so smart too making anchor "lol but maybe not" to save that 2 minutes as well, as to the biomass engines I use early game every server always there really good for the mats, they give a good amount of power 5mj for the bio they use, magmatic only 4mj, then its upgrades to boilers & indu engines, but all that said looks like KingHeinz schooled us all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.