Magic World - Critical Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
It has just come to our attention that the release version of Mystcraft that was distributed with the original pack was a development build. Due to the nature of the problems with this version, we have decided to roll back to a slightly earlier version. However due the the changes in the mods code, we cannot guarantee the integrity of the worlds that have been created using the original version of Magic World. Internal Testing has been encouraging with worlds still appearing to be OK, however there may be some 'quirks with your worlds. we strongly encourage people to make backups of your world before logging back in.

MadDogTen

Jul 29, 2019
He just explained why it was removed, give them time to fix the issue and put it back up.

and Thanks for the update Slowpoke!

Woodopriest

Jul 29, 2019
Tnx for the head's up... now I have to wait for it to be released again. And set up dynmap and copy a world....
Gonna be fun :-D

Hope you (The FTB team) don't get to much hassle.

Keep up the good work

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
What i did to keep playing was just copy the contents of the magic_world folder into the voxel folder (after deleting the insta and minecraft folder from the voxel folder) and from the launcher load up the voxel pack and tell it no when it asks if you want to update ...seems to work fine for me.

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
It has been stated, many times over, this mod pack is in BETA.

Keep up the great work, guys! Im loving every update and release so far!

Robert Southee

Jul 29, 2019
Magic World wasn't a BETA it was a
It has been stated, many times over, this mod pack is in BETA.

Keep up the great work, guys! Im loving every update and release so far!

Magic World wasn't a BETA from what I've heard it was a full release.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
What i did to keep playing was just copy the contents of the magic_world folder into the voxel folder (after deleting the insta and minecraft folder from the voxel folder) and from the launcher load up the voxel pack and tell it no when it asks if you want to update ...seems to work fine for me.
Does it still run with all of the correct mods and versions?

I don't mind the loss of it temporarily, but I would like to continue trying to understand TC3 some more :)

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
I guess we are kinda lucky that the issue showed itself very fast.
The damage would be a lot worse if the issue was shown after weeks after the release.
Even with a reset, i guess i'd be ok anyway , in losing some hours of game.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
It is up again. Just with an older version of Mystcraft and updates to Railcraft and Thaumcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.