FTB Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Recently I released a thread talking about FTB Turning into a business entity allowing us to raise funds to enable us to move forwards and grow. With this in mind I want to make this follow-up post to announce a series of deals that have been made.

FTB Launcher Sponsor.

Bionikcraft.

For a while now I have been talking to the guys over at http://bionikcraft.com/ and they have helped out with various projects including artwork etc. They produce a series of high quality vinyl prints of either your own minecraft avatar as well as vinyls of your favorite Minecraft Players. We have come to an agreement which will enable FTB to promote both 'Noggins' and 'Doodz' on the FTB launcher. You can see a preview of your own Dood on the upcoming launcher itself and you will find a shortcut there taking you direct to their online store where you can find these vinyls and more available for purchase. I can say that I have seen these vinyls myself and the quality is awesome.

FTB Forum Sponsor

Gamevox.

In today's age, its not enough to just have a good server. Many players want to be able to talk to their friends as well. There are many different solutions to this problem and I have probably used them all. A new service though from Gamevox.com though really stands out. Servers are free for up to 6 users and beyond that you can rent a low cost premium server directly from them. There is no need to worry about complicated setups or having a place to host the server as everything is hosted via their own servers.

For those looking for a bit more customisation, the permissions system is excellent and offers great flexibility and with premium accounts comes the ability to add custom themes onto the server itself. Even getting new members onto the server is simple as your server is given its own link so once the new player has downloaded the client, your server automatically shows up on the players list.

Finally as the IP addresses are hidden and the servers hardened, you have protection from DDoS attacks which are becoming more prevalent in this day and age.

I have spoken to the owners of both of these businesses extensively and am more than happy to have been able to form a partnership with both of them. Like FTB they are both young companies that want to deliver a great product. I can happily recommend both the companies and their products to every fan of FTB.

Last but not least.

FTB Merchandise and the Online Store.

Right now the goal is to have the store up and operational on or around the 1st October. (it may be a couple of days late, there is still a lot to do. Initially we will be selling a limited range of FTB merchandise, but this will grow over time as we get everything settled into place. In week one so we can ensure that standards are met and the quality is where it should be, there will be a limited amount of t-shirts sweatshirts and hoodies available. We expect demand to be quite high so we have a plan in place if we do sell out quickly. Right now, we are in unknown territory and honestly I have no idea what to expect, so if we do encounter a few problems along the way, please bare with us, we will do our utmost to get these resolved as soon as possible.

p.s. yes there is a new launcher, yes it is coming soon, yes we are working on packs for 1.6.2. more details will come over time.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
We have something called a founders server that we are playing around with at the moment. But yes I am on there now :)

Reactions: Ashzification

dries007

Jul 29, 2019
I have one of those too, I got on early thanks to FTB.
I have tried to guess the server name but I gave up after a few obvious ones. ;)

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
It shows up fine for me. The white areas are where ads are located, some pretty bad ones btw. I use ad-blocker and disabled it to see and I'll be re-enabling it right away.
Here's a pic of how it looks to me. (adblock on) http://i.imgur.com/dVvfD6W.png

SephirothWS

Jul 29, 2019
It shows up fine for me. The white areas are where ads are located, some pretty bad ones btw. I use ad-blocker and disabled it to see and I'll be re-enabling it right away.
Here's a pic of how it looks to me. (adblock on) http://i.imgur.com/dVvfD6W.png

Interesting, I don't even get the textual and picture content under the white-space for the ads, so I don't know what's going on there.

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks! Thanks for checking out our site!

I understand some of you are having some display issues. We urge everyone to make sure to keep their browsers up to date to ensure compatibility and minimizing malicious code abuse.

Our website uses HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript, all three being the current standards in web design and development. Please make sure that your browser supports all of these and has them enabled on the domain.

We do test across all major browsers for compatibility, though we do not test on alpha or beta versions as the number of these builds become exponential when testing across platforms and especially when a browser does nightly builds. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee display accuracy on non-major browsers, however, we do our best to make sure our site displays correctly for the largest portion of our visitors.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Ashzification

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
p.s. yes there is a new launcher, yes it is coming soon, yes we are working on packs for 1.6.2. more details will come over time.

That is great news and just 3.5 hours shy of 4 months since the last launcher v2 news...lol. Are you all planing on updating the 3 packs from 1.5.2 or making new ones?

Lazorturkey

Jul 29, 2019
This is great news for FTB and the launcher team, grats guys!! I look forward to seeing a continuance of your great work in the future. Cheers!!

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Not trying to sound demanding or anything like that, but with this I expect FTB to be updating their content than previous, now that they're actually gaining profit from it.

I wouldn't count on that.... I imagine this move is more to keep them from having to use out-of-pocket money to do things rather than OMG QUIT MY JOB I'M RICH! And besides, FTB will have to wait for mods to update their content, as always.

Reactions: Jerx99

SephirothWS

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks! Thanks for checking out our site!

I understand some of you are having some display issues. We urge everyone to make sure to keep their browsers up to date to ensure compatibility and minimizing malicious code abuse.

Our website uses HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript, all three being the current standards in web design and development. Please make sure that your browser supports all of these and has them enabled on the domain.

We do test across all major browsers for compatibility, though we do not test on alpha or beta versions as the number of these builds become exponential when testing across platforms and especially when a browser does nightly builds. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee display accuracy on non-major browsers, however, we do our best to make sure our site displays correctly for the largest portion of our visitors.

Thanks again!

Requiring Javascript is akin to requiring blind users to read a statement to gain access to your club. That's just wrong (and illegal in some countries: UK (Equility Act of 2010).) While Javascript is nice, and it does add that dynamic feel to a site for end-users; it definitely should NOT be required to view simple text and imagery on a website. It's just wrong. You lose potential customers by requiring people to jump through hoops just to view your content. I have Javascript disabled on a global level, this site degrades wonderfully for me. Your site does not, and I am just trying to give constructive criticism to help you guys out. Please reconsider this requirement.

Jul 29, 2019
Requiring Javascript is akin to requiring blind users to read a statement to gain access to your club. That's just wrong (and illegal in some countries: UK (Equility Act of 2010).) While Javascript is nice, and it does add that dynamic feel to a site for end-users; it definitely should NOT be required to view simple text and imagery on a website. It's just wrong. You lose potential customers by requiring people to jump through hoops just to view your content. I have Javascript disabled on a global level, this site degrades wonderfully for me. Your site does not, and I am just trying to give constructive criticism to help you guys out. Please reconsider this requirement.

Right on. We do take into consideration all feedback, and especially when it's constructive.

To directly address you concerns regarding JavaScript and page content, we do have plans on migrating from JavaScript oriented UI elements to more meaningful analytic-friendly page architecture. It's a large scale change and we're already working on the 3rd version of the site. We have a lot of content and we want to make sure that it's both fun to digest and easy to navigate.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.