FTB News Pre-Pax Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
So the eve af Pax East 2014 is upon us and once again we are gearing up to host another tournament at Pax East. A lot of you by now will have already downloaded and taken a look at the map we are running for this years events and based on the times coming in, it should be another awesome event.

Once again we will be joined at the event by Direwolf20, Guude and hopefully a few other of your favourite youtubers and this year our event is going to be sponsored by Steelseries and Twitch.TV. Steelseries and Curse have really stepped up and we will have close to $1500 worth of steelseries gear to give away and on top of that goodie bags from Twitch and exclusive FTB/Curse t-shirts as well.

For anyone wanting to keep an eye on the event, there will be pics and stuff on my (work in progress) blog page at slowpoke.tv and I expect there will be a video or 3 appearing on Youtube. I will also get the results posting somewhere in the news section as well once everything is wrapped up.

Anyways, hope to see as many of you there as possible :)

Last edited:

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Cause I'm cheap and can't afford to make it there, will there be a stream of the FTB tournament (or PAX in general) and/or will a full video of the event be uploaded?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
would be cool if you would actually be able to livestream the event, or part of the event on twitch
I know PAX will probably do a livestream themselves aswell, but I want to see the FTB events ;)

Reactions: Nerixel

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I have a question for Slow: Why don't these weekly news updates show up on the "main site" tab or on the main page of the Feed-the-Beast site? It has news there that is now several months out of date, the least you guys could do is find someone willing to update that page and put current news on it! ;) I know you guys will have a lot of fun, don't forget to record everything you can! :)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Tournament starts at 6PM = 1 hour & 50 minutes from now = me working until an hour after it starts = me probably completely missing it, considering it's over in 10 minutes = me sad :(

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
If you're looking for proof, it was done in a live tournament with FTB staff supervising at PAX East.

Otherwise, if you just want a video, me too :p I imagine someone will have uploaded the live-stream somewhere, we just need to find it.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
If you're looking for proof, it was done in a live tournament with FTB staff supervising at PAX East.

Otherwise, if you just want a video, me too :p I imagine someone will have uploaded the live-stream somewhere, we just need to find it.
@Watchful11 had the best time of 8:54, then TheCreatorGuy comes in and gets 8:45.
If required, I'm sure we can all report the exact same times :p

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
@Watchful11 had the best time of 8:54, then TheCreatorGuy comes in and gets 8:45.
If required, I'm sure we can all report the exact same times :p
FTB staff aren't allowed to win FTB tournaments xD Everyone'd think it was rigged.
Reminds me of the time that my school's vice principal won first prize from a school music concert raffle :p

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
FTB staff aren't allowed to win FTB tournaments xD Everyone'd think it was rigged.
Reminds me of the time that my school's vice principal won first prize from a school music concert raffle :p
I was so close :( I got a time of 8:03 once I got home.

Still working on that video to prove it :)

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
or perhaps he wanted a post containing some stories of pax. Just lighten your tone, it sounds insulting
It wasn't meant to be insulting. When you say you're going to do something, you do it. There's plenty of stuff they could be using this board for, but it just sits there, week after week, collecting dust, staring me in my stupid "let's see if there's anything interesting this week" face.

I have never been afraid to tell the Emperor he has no clothes. Follow through on promises, hit deadlines, do what you say you will do, otherwise don't say it. Simple business ethics 101. I am an auditor for a large corporation. If you have failed your customers in the past, the worst thing you can do is tell them you are going to do something, and then fail to do so, even if that thing is trivial at best. You said you'd do it, you aren't. What else are you failing to do? That is what the customer thinks, that is your community. Get with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.