3rd party modpacks/private modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
3rd party modpacks:
  • Where would one go to find information (preferably on these forums) regarding the 3rd party modpacks that are hosted through the launcher? No, not all of them have a post in the correct section.
  • Where would I send people looking to report bugs in those packs?
  • Where would I send people looking for more information about those packs?
  • Is there a changelog for the updates to packs
Private modpacks:
  • Where do I send people looking to report bugs in those packs?
  • Who is responsible for updating the packs?
  • Is there a changelog available for those packs?

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This is a good question. Isn't each one supposed to have a permissions page here? Or a post with a link to permissions?

Really though, I think it needs to be noted somewhere that tech support will only be offered for the launcher and official UNEDITED modpacks. Removing mods wouldn't negate this, but adding mods would, as it often can add unstable/unintentional effects.

Imho.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I use this on the help desk: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...icle/View/28/2/adding-to-the-modpackslauncher

But when there are problems with the 3rd party modpacks, and with some private modpacks, the best I can ever offer is the troubleshooting.
Packs like UE/Ampz I can tell them to talk to the UE team, but that doesn't ever resolve the issue.
And frankly, I'd like to have the knowledge to help with those packs if, at all possible.

Example:
Somebody a.k.a one of the developers forgot Flans simple parts mod in Infamy so plane tanks ect are not usable.Please fix A.S.A.P
That's a ticket I got over night. I have no information to offer this person. All I can go on is what's posted in the modpack description on the launcher.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe requiring all 3rd party and private mod packs to provide an email, a forum link to a topic for that modpack in this forum or another, or something similar to be included in the launchers pack info panel bfore the pack can be ncluded on the launcher?

I've always considered tech support part of maintaining a modpack.

Edit: oh the typos... leaving them in for the eyerolls.

Reactions: Ashzification

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
They would need to contact the pack author in the same way as if they found a bug in a mod then they would contact the mod author, we dont provide support for third party modpacks its up to them to look after their own support

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
They would need to contact the pack author in the same way as if they found a bug in a mod then they would contact the mod author, we dont provide support for third party modpacks its up to them to look after their own support

That's what we are talking about. There are a lot of people starting to post for third party or private packs and there is no info on who to send the posters to.

Can we get a requirement for all third party and private packs to provide a location or contact for tech support as part of the approval process?

Edit: ok, maybe not a lot, but enough.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
maybe the API captainnana and his team is working on will contain this information?

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
This would be something that watchful would need to look at as he looks after those packs but yes jinbobo it is something I could easily add to the API

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Yeah, as nana said, we don't provide support for any packs made by someone other than FTB. Pretty sure most of the 3rd party modpacks pages can be found by a simple google search if there is not already a link in the description.

I'm perfectly to work with any features nana wants to add to the launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.