32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Casketman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so looking forward to the pack. It fits my building style great. I did like the patcher tho. For me,it made things easy although checking the boxes is a pain. A check all option would be nice.

neosatan

Jul 29, 2019
About that hardness with git... If it's really that problematic for everyone to dl texturepack I could make a script to build texturepack file everytime there is a commit or merge.... That would ensure that on designated location is always the newest version on tp and collabolators have a way to collaborate...

JimStoneCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the patcher is just not necessary anymore, if people are ticking everything anyway and downloading them all it's just easier to have a complete zip to download on a website.

On another note, I'm not sure on the future of the current resource pack, the Mindcrack FTB mod pack is on the very old 1.4.7 and the newer packs have many different mods.

The Monster and Horizon FTB packs are just too big for any hope of a complete Resource Pack ever.

But the biggest issue is game stability and game fps on such large packs, if you cannot play the game then there is little incentive to make textures for it.

I see a few options though, wait for the new Mindcrack pack, but in a later Etho video he said their pack has some issues and may be restarted, the good thing with using their pack is at least it's been tested but then it doesn't come out for an unknown amount of time.

Try one of the other smaller packs to see if system speed and game stability are any better.

Make a smaller mod pack ourself with say 20 mods, this would give us a much better chance of getting a complete resource pack done and a game that can actually be played.

Achilles833

Jul 29, 2019
Making a JS Edition modpack sounds pretty cool, wouldn't mind it at all. How would the mods be picked tho? Votes?

The community would have to pick a theme first to make the mod selecting a much easier process.

Or you and Glowstrontium could give us a few options to pick from, like two or three packs to choose from.

Sent from my T0LTE using Tapatalk

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
But the biggest issue is game stability and game fps on such large packs, if you cannot play the game then there is little incentive to make textures for it.

This. At least for me, SSP Monster is virtually unplayable on many occasions. My four year old laptop just cannot keep up - the 2.27GHz i5 (first gen) maxes out most of the time, resulting in huge lag spikes. With the RAM maxed out and an SSD installed, there's no more parts I can (easily) upgrade, and it seems that the only way of getting a stable FPS is to have a really powerful CPU if you're playing one of the large 1.6 packs.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
If you guys need any help making textures, I'll be glad to do so, (and a few others will probably be equally as willing) this has always been my favorite pack and since I started making a custom mod pack I've been looking for a good texture pack for it and this has always been the first one to come to mind. I personally enjoy the gritty realism it brings over Sphax and other cartoony modpacks.

Anways, thanks for taking over this project and not letting it die :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I loved this pack back in the 1.4.7 days and miss it terribly. I customised mine with textures from a couple other packs, namely blockheads' tekkit and blockheads TFC. Isnt it worth looking into to find out if you can possibly borrow stuff from other packs to get this one finished? Theres so many good textures out there for outdated minecraft versions just wasting away.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Just to chime in, JSTR has been the only texture pack I've stuck with since I found out texture packs were a thing. Still use it to this day, though less and less of the pack proper gets used. Still, it covers such things as vanilla blocks quite well and that still makes up a majority of what I see on a visual level, so I've not seen any reason to remove despite my rather dated version of the pack!

In any case, thanks much to Glowstrontium and everyone else who has contributed to the pack. I continue to yearn for two minor changes to the pack (brown and white mushrooms? brown wool appearing darker red rather than... brown?), but it's not so notable that I can't just focus on the good in the pack and be happy for what I have. Nevertheless, I do hope we get to see more development for the pack should people who are interested and skilled in doing so choose to pursue it. ^.^ As for me, one day I should really look into learning how to do pixel art and such. Some amazing stuff out there!

JimStoneCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I continue to yearn for two minor changes to the pack (brown and white mushrooms? brown wool appearing darker red rather than... brown?).

I just thought I would point out for all the people who don't know, there are and always has been two different John Smith packs.

John Smith Legacy and JohnSmith Technicians Remix.

John Smith Legacy is for Vanilla Minecraft and JohnSmith Technicians Remix is for Modded Minecraft.

The trouble starts that Modded Minecraft is always a little bit behind with the Minecraft versions (1.6.4 seems to be the latest) so the base textures are always a little out of date, like the mushrooms and brown wool were sorted out a long time ago (over six months at least) in the Legacy pack.

Luckly the latest vanilla pack (John Smith Legacy) for Minecraft 1.7.5 is more or less the same pack as for Minecraft 1.6.4, so I've based my JohnSmith Technicians Remix on the latest Legacy pack, there is not a lot of modded textures in it at the moment while some testing and checking are been completed.

I hope this helps you.

As for people calling this a 1.4.7 pack, there really is no such thing anymore, it used to be simple when there were not that many mods but with the newer mod packs there are just thousands of textures to sort out, for example the FTB Monster pack has almost 22000 textures to check, edit and update, as you can imagine that is an impossible task.

My current goal is to start with the main textures for the mods that are used in virtually all the packs like Iron Chests, NEI and neiplugins etc...

Don't expect things like Tinkers Construct as that mod has over 3700 textures, a start has been made by Dweller_Benthos but it is a very big task.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ommunity-project/page__st__1360#entry29783641

Achilles833

Jul 29, 2019
I missed the base of the John Smith texture so I simply took the Minecraft folder from the 1.6.4 Vanilla version and replaced it into the JSTR version I'm currently using and all works fine. I do have a question for you, I can't seem to change the sounds and music disks on both the Vanilla and JSTR pack I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it something with the pack?

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Could you make the wood respect the vanilla colors? That's the one thing I didn't like about the pack. It changed the look of builds. The brick also comes to my mind.

Achilles833

Jul 29, 2019
Could you make the wood respect the vanilla colors? That's the one thing I didn't like about the pack. It changed the look of builds.

Replace the "Minecraft" folder in the "assets" folder of the JSTR version with that of the Vanilla pack. Main reason why I did it, changed the whole look of builds.

Achilles833

Jul 29, 2019
You mean the vanilla JS pack or really the vanilla minecraft?

Vanilla JS pack, use Optifine and you'll still be able to get the extra textures as well I love it

P.S.
I recommend downloading the pack version relevant to the JSTR version you're using so it should be 1.6.4 unless you're using an older version. I was too lazy and just use the 1.7 Vanilla version and still worked fine but I wouldn't recommend it

catdogpigduck

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone here successfully used the Technicians Remix in the Attack of the B-Team modpack? I took my 1.6.4 JS tech remix pack that I've used successfully in both horizons and TPPI and copied it to Attack of the B-team but it shows up as a resource pack but i can't select it. Any ideas would be great.

Achilles833

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone here successfully used the Technicians Remix in the Attack of the B-Team modpack? I took my 1.6.4 JS tech remix pack that I've used successfully in both horizons and TPPI and copied it to Attack of the B-team but it shows up as a resource pack but i can't select it. Any ideas would be great.

I downloaded JSTR and went on Glows GIT and downloaded the master .zip file and just pulled out the folders of the mods that are in Attack of the B-Team.