Cookie Clicker in Computercraft

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Everyone! I bring to you my latest creation: Cookie Clicker for Computercraft

Firstly let me start off by saying that this program is in no way endorsed by Orteil (The Original Creator of Cookie Clicker). If you have never heard of Cookie Clicker, I recommend having a look at the game here: http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

INCLUDED FEATURES:
1 Giant Cookie to Click
10 Buildings: Cursor, Grandma, Farm, Factory, Mine, Shipment, Alchemy Lab, Portal, Time Machine, Antimatter Condenser
File Saving (Data isn't lost when the game isn't chunkloaded)
Reset Game Button

PLANNED FEATURES:
Upgrades
Achievements
Automatic Update Detector (will also Auto-Install)
Golden Cookies

INSTALLATION:
There are two methods of which you can play this, you can either install the program onto a computer/monitor set up into an existing world, OR, download the map which has the game already installed with no hassle.

Map Download

To install this map, do the following
  1. Download the "Cookie Clicker in ComputerCraft.zip" file
  2. Find the downloaded file and copy it
  3. Navigate to your modpack folder (If you don't know where it is, open the FTB Launcher and click on Options, in the Install Folder section, it will show you the location)
  4. Click on the modpack you are installing it into, this map was made in Unleashed but will work in any modpack containing computercraft.
  5. then go to "minecraft" and "saves" and paste it inside the saves folder
  6. Right click on the .zip file and "Extract here", I recommend using WinRar.
  7. Open up the FTB Launcher, play and enjoy.
To add it into an existing world it is a bit harder.
  1. Collect 144 Advanced Monitors, 6 Wired Modems, At least 19 Networking Cables and a Computer or Advanced Computer
  2. Clear out a large area of minimum 14 * 12 blocks
  3. Place 3 6*8 monitors Advanced Monitors as shown in this picture. Make sure to leave a 1 block gap on the left and right side and a 4 block gap on the back
  4. Place a computer 3 blocks behind the advanced monitor facing the opposite direction and put 3 wired modems on the the three other sides of the computer (excluding top and bottom, to place one, sneak-right click).
  5. Next, Place Wired Modems on the backs of the 3 monitors (preferably as close to the computer as possible) and make sure you dont right click on the modems, they need to be activated in a special order
  6. Connect the modems together via Networking Cable. The end result should be something like this: Image 1 Image 2
  7. Now you need to activate the modems, firstly, right click the modem on the back of the computer (not monitor), a notification should pop up like this: Image
  8. Next you need to activate the modems on the monitors, I have programmed it to use a specific number so in this order activate the middle monitor, the left monitor (when viewing from behind) and the right monitor (same view). If the pop up text did not show the order monitor_0, monitor_1 and monitor_2, then keep track of what the numbers were and read the section below on how to modify the program to work with
  9. You should now have red circles on all 4 modems, now go onto the computer and type the following: "pastebin get P00Gv7ED installer" and press enter.
  10. Once it is downloaded, run the installer by typing "installer" and pressing enter.
  11. Go back over to the computer monitor and your game should be loaded, decorate the floor, put it in a building.
If the above steps didn't work please post below
  1. finish the installation process as usual, when you start, hold ctrl+t to terminate the cookie clicker program
  2. enter into the computer "edit startup"
  3. Navigate to lines 4 - 6, where it says monitor_0, monitor_1 and monitor_2
  4. Replace the number with the one it said when you turned on the modem. If you turned the modems on in the correct order, then the numbers should be in order. E.g. if you turned on the first modem and it said monitor_1, then change the numbers from "0,1,2" to "1,2,3"
  5. press ctrl, press enter on save, press ctrl again, press enter on exit. and hold ctrl+r to reboot the computer, it should be fixed.

Hc4Xzmg.png

XdCOboN.png

ecovyUu.png

HOW TO PLAY:
  1. Right Click the Cookie, you will notice how the screen on the left changes to show you have an extra cookie
  2. When you have at least 15 cookies, buy a cursor, buy right-clicking the "Buy Cursor" Button.
  3. The cursor costs 15 cookies and will add 0.1 cookies per second. This means that every 10 seconds, you get an extra cookie
  4. Save up some more and buy another cursor, you may notice how the cost of the cursor increases each time. A second cursor will increase your Cookies per second to 0.2, meaning an extra cookie every 5 seconds. After a while this value will keep increasing, you can then later buy other buildings such as grandmas, farms and even time machines.
  5. The cost and cookies per second increase is displayed next to the corresponding button
  6. You win the game when... well, there is no end!

SOURCE CODE:
There are three pastebin files used for this: the installer, the cookie image and that actual code

Code
Installer

CHANGELOG
Version 1.0.0
- Initial Release
- Adds Big Cookie to Click
- Adds 10 Purchasable Buildings
- Stats Screen: Cookies in Bank, Current CPS, Cookies Per Click

Version 1.0.1
- Fixed Farm CPS increase to Correct Value
- Optimized some code (rounding and monitor detection algorithm)
- Changed Background colour to Cyan
- Made Screen flicker Less, still not completely removed
- Moved the monitor numbers to start of code, this is the only place you need to replace with correct numbers if different

Version 1.0.2
- Fixed needing one more cookie than purchase
- Fixed monitor showing incorrect prices

BUGS/SUGGESTIONS
None so far
If you have any please reply here and I will add it here or add/fix it

P.S. As of now, I am going on a 10 day holiday with no internet. So there won't be any updates during this time.

vernes

Jul 29, 2019
I feel this game should also get a real mod.
Where you eventually can create your first monster cookie which you can rightclick and have is spawn cookie objects.
And these cookies stack and can be used in the creation of actual mining buildings, grandma npc's, timemachines and such.
and then...
Then the mutated grandma npc's start to spawn...
Cookiedough slimes spawn, landscape changes to cookie-dough blocks.
The Moon turns into a cookie
The sky-texture slowly show images of cookie-dough tentacle and eyes...

Like arrows can stick to you, cookies start appearing on animals and mobs, players, trees...
Corruption like mystcraft eats away at the terrain near your cookie to show the void has been replaced with a animated texture of swirling cookie dough.
And Herobrine is said to be pacified and is hosting bingo forever for an infinite number of grandmothers.

P.S. As of now, I am going on a 10 day holiday with no internet. So there won't be any updates during this time.
I think this could explode, and if it does, he will have one hell of a surprice when he gets back.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Overall pretty nice, but there were a couple of things that you could've done to make your life a bit easier. Also, it only works on the first 3 monitors placed in the world...

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, so turns out that on this island there was a spot with 3G

Thanks for all your replies, and in regards to only working with e first 3 monitors, do what I said and change the numbers in the code with the numbers of the monitors

I will definitely continue this, thanks guys