2.1.x Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest {Tech} {RPG} {Hardcore} {Skyblock}

Discussion in 'Public Packs' started by Jadedcat, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Jadedcat

Jadedcat Global Moderator and Modpack Creator Team Member Global Moderator

So I take it you would enjoy an Agrarian Skies: Hunger Games ?
    ThatOneSlowking likes this.
  2. Eyamaz

Eyamaz Modpack Team Team Member

Do you have new art (panel) I can use for the confluence? (watermarked.)
  3. VikeStep

VikeStep Official FTB Changelog Guy Changelog Team

BigBad hadn't made it yet. Did i do the unstable pack one right (the homepage thing)? I didn't really know about how to do the page design stuff with the alignments
  4. Erasmus Crowley

Erasmus Crowley Mod Dev Mod Developer

The amount of joy I would get out of watching (or playing in) that is probably illegal in some places...
  5. Eyamaz

Looks ok from my phone. I'll fix it if necessary when I get home.
  6. Jadedcat

Oooo so we could have a challenge? <.<
  7. Vswe

Vswe Mod Dev Mod Developer

Looks good so far. Thought I might post some information about the progress of the questing mod (it seems fitting since its name almost made it into the title :p).

For anyone who don't know it all ready, Hardcore Questing Mode is a mod that introduces a hardcore mode with multiple lives. However, it also comes with a quest book with quests that you can complete to gain rewards (items and lives). The important thing to note however is that this quest book is empty in the actual mod. It is up to the map maker to design the quests, and this is where it can make a map come to life. The quests may force you to craft things or hand in items (or fluids). Handing in large amounts of items can be done through special containers, the progress will then be visible in your quest book. No need for a pre-built building where the player drops things off.

Anyways, that's the basics of it. As it looks like now, progress-wise, we will have a first beta version available tomorrow(Saturday) or the day after. This version will be a bit rough and be lacking a few features. It will probably not be ready for actual game play. It will however work as a testing version as well as something Jaded can use to start adding the quests. I can't say anything for sure, but I'm fairly confident the polishing after that will be quite small and quick (I might have to take a week off though due to irl stuff, but Scott and Tim should still be available).

Been a hectic 10 days of coding and I'm looking forward to see how this mod will be used.

P.S. Jaded, the Easter egg will be implemented eventually. :)
    cannajan, HeffronCM, DrowElf and 5 others like this.
  8. Eyamaz

9. Erasmus Crowley

Erasmus Crowley Mod Dev Mod Developer

How could I possibly say no? lol

1v1 or teams? And who is recording it? :D
  10. VikeStep

VikeStep Official FTB Changelog Guy Changelog Team

A Big FTB Team + Mod Developer Hunger games with skyblocks would be awesome xD
    Erasmus Crowley likes this.
  11. Jadedcat

Ooooo yeees ... we'll work out details.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2014 ---

I picked quest cause of HQM :p

And I am still cackling over the evil of the easter egg... I can be patient :p
  12. Physicist

Physicist Active Member

The nether generated as a full normal nether. Intended?

It feels like it should either be an amped up nether fortress overlooking only void or maybe very a very scaled down nether fortress.
  13. Jadedcat

Its supposed to be filled with mean infernal mobs.
  14. Physicist

Physicist Active Member

Oh, I see. Hmm, with that in mind, I wonder if Nether Fortress gen could have it's frequency of occurrence set to something like 1 per 25 chunks (or probably something more reasonable) so that the entire nether is nothing but nether fortress spaghetti over void full of mean infernal mobs.

Maybe Nether Fortress structure could be adjusted too, so it's just platforms and not walled/roofed structures.
  15. Physicist

Physicist Active Member

I just saw Agrarian Skies in the modpack listing; I should just copy my save from the private pack, right?
  16. Jadedcat

Yuppers will work.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2014 ---
    http://www.twitch.tv/jadedcat/c/3835707
    Dark_Reaper115 and Squigie like this.
  17. Steel

Steel Active Member

Woah, I saw an Ender Lily in that video. Did Zero add Extra Utilities support to Ex Aliquo?
  18. Yougirasu

Yougirasu Member

Thanks for the tips guys, although I got my first piece of mossy cobble seconds after I logged in this morning. I now have my preferred set-up for making mossy cobble; a 3x4 section of cobble with 4 water filled barrels running across the centre, it works pretty well.
    But I have to ask, did something change with the Nether? Other than Nether Ores and Hellfish. I finally got a portal built and lit with the thought that I'd go through with my bows and a stack of arrows to kill ghasts for a tear (I want a safari net, but can't get any animals spawning yet... I have too many slimes in my swamp spawner). But once I got through there were no mobs around at all, I had trouble even tracking down a couple of Imps to slay for the hide to make leather for a basic Safari Net. I even took a little time to go creative and fly around to see if anything other than imps would spawn. I got Blazes from a Blaze spawner on a nether fortress and hellfish when I mined some ores (out of creative mode), but other than that I had nothing appearing despite being in there for 5-10 minutes.
  19. cardiff3

cardiff3 New Member

I was playing the private skyblock map and was told to copy the save over to the public. When I tried loading up the save I got this http://imgur.com/pJLG8M4 and hit no as quick as possible. I am not sure how to continue.
  20. Jadedcat

Ignore it. I turned off the part of Mariculture that's supposed to spawn the kelp and coral reefs (not useful in void). Thats why it says items are missing. Take a back up just in case but everything should be fine.