2.1.x Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest {Tech} {RPG} {Hardcore} {Skyblock}

Discussion in 'Public Packs' started by Jadedcat, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Jadedcat

Jadedcat Global Moderator and Modpack Creator Team Member Global Moderator

This thread is for the discussion of the hardcore skyblock challenge "Agrarian Skies"

The maps are available in the maps tab of the launcher.

PSA: Bugs should be reported over here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/agrarian-skies-hardcore-quest-bug-reporting.43625/ Reporting bugs on this thread means they may be missed. If the bug has already been reported on the bug thread a new report will probably be removed unless new information is provided. Its easier to keep track that way.

Guide Videos

Show Spoiler

Blood Magic Start:

Getting Started:

As the sole survivor of the cataclysm you must rebuild and repopulate the planet while defeating minions of darkness that leak through from the nether realms.

Just like my other pack Magic Farm this pack and map changes the normal minecraft gameplay. Some features of this pack will be familiar to MF2 players. Some will not. You must create your resources out of nothing. You will need to complete quests to earn extra lives and extra rewards towards the goal of rebuilding the planet.

I suggest reading the forum threads on the ExNihilo and Ex Aquilo mods. You can find links to all the mods and future changelogs here: https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest

The default map has a lovely house. There is also a flat platform available. The SMP map is in the server download. Server owners will need to assign houses or let people fly out to their houses before starting the co-op. There are flight potions.

SMP House locations:

Show Spoiler

Yellow: X: -1302 Y: 66 Z :1675
    Red: X: -1097 Y: 72 Z :1472
    Orange: X: -1104 Y:70 Z: 1656
    Green: X: -1480 Y:68 Z:1656
    Blue: X:-1499 Y: 63 Z: 1466
    Pink: X: -1474 Y: 63 Z: 1301
    Purple: X:-1288 Y:70 Z: 1269
    Black: X: -1097 Y: 65 Z: 1285

New Agrarian Skies server section: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/categories/agrarian-skies.141/ includes a section for people looking for or hosting small co-op servers.

The Map Home Sweet Home was built by @Morvelaira .

If you spawn and fall through the void swap to creative and fly up. Use /jspawn set to set the spawn to the platform.

Lore Characters
    Show Spoiler

• The Jaded One - Jadedcat
    • The Cute One - Morv
    • The Grumpy One - Pahimar
    • The Diabolical One _ Lord Dusk
    • The Lord of Hell - Skyboy
    • The Transmutational Ones - Erasmus and Zerokyuni
    • The Forest Lord - SirSengir
    • The Magnetic One - Mysterious Ages
    • The Crazy One - Binnie
    • The Evil One - Eyamaz
    • The Mechanical One - Vswe
    • The Sneaky One - Scott
    • The Vanished One - KingLemming
    • The Orderly One - Zeldo
    • The Notorious Ones - Soaryn and DW
    • The Bee Queen - Florastar
    • The Drunk Tinkerer - mDiyo
    • The Derpy One - Slowpoke

Special Credit to those that have greatly helped with coding, exploit fixes and building:

Morvelaira : Zomg such an awesome house <3
    Joshie : Weighing in on exploits and doing so much to fix bugs the show up in MF2 leading to a more stable skyblock pack
    Erasmus: Fixing up exploits and adding features to EX Nihilo
    Zerokyuni : Adding mod compatibility to Ex Aquilo so everything can be gotten on the map.
    skyboy: for giving me awesomely evil config options in Nether Ores
    Team CoFH : For bug fixes and support as well as their awesome mods
    Vswe, LordDusk and Scott Wears: For the quest mod that makes this map come alive.
    Mysterious Ages : for the special bee difficulty mode
    Way Of Time: for the special "pg" config for the youtubers
    All the testers who have broken the map as many ways as possible and helped find exploits so we can squish them in the name of fun and challenge.

Everyone is awesome and this is truly becoming a community project. <3

Map Backup can be downloaded here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/agrarian-skies-home-sweet-home-b/

Changelogs Newest first

Show Spoiler

full detailed changelogs available here with a slight delay: https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest

Updated:
    HQM - fixes detection crash
    JABBA
    Ex Nihilo
    TiCToolTips
    WailaHarvestability
    AutoPackager

Fixed typos.

Updated:

HQM - should fix the server issue for the larger servers
    Blood Magic

Added:

Jaded's Blood - lets me tweak some more recipes
    AutoPackager - adds a block that will autocraft 2x2 and 3x3 recipes... with some fiddling (details in quest book)

Added:
    gtfomicroblocks - removes all the microblock and fences from NEI. They still exist they just don't fill up 200 pages of NEI.
    modtweaker - more recipe tweaking

Removed : ExNihilo NEI Addon since NEI Addons now has that functionality

Updated:
    AromaBackup - The mod will only keep the last 10 backups
    BloodMagic
    NEI-Addons
    JABBA
    SimplyJetpacks
    Minetweaker

Config:

Spawn Egg recipes have been changed
    New recipes are available to make use of arrows, rotten flesh and leather
    New recipes for making infused stone and silverwood saplings
    Recipe to convert rotten hearts to full hearts
    The tofu fish/chicken sandwich issue should be fixed
    Recipes have been added for many bee hives including hidden ones
    Added a sieve recipe for grass to get flowers

Added:
    Plugins for Forestry

Updates:

Ex Aquilo
    Mariculture

Config changes:
    Only nether ores needed for the game should be on
    Add all seeds to the squeezer with plugins for forestry

Updates:

Mariculture - should fix fish crash
    BloodMagic - Should fix dupe and TC4 aspects (hopefully)
    Ex Nihilo : 2 mismatched items.. ignore them. Solves a few minor things.

No quest changes

Config change:
    All Nether ores require an Alumite pick or higher to mine.

2.1.5:

Updated:
    Gendustry
    ExNihilo Nei
    Mariculture
    TicTooltips
    Warp Book

Config:
    Increased probability of Irridium spawning in the nether
    Turned off Infernal Mobs Ender effect due to lag

Quests:
    Added New quests
    Fixed broken crafting quests.
    Added more loot options

2.1.4:

Updated:
    TE3 - 3.0.0.7
    Tinker's Construct
    ExtraCells

Added
    Aroma Backup: autoconfiged to save a backup of your world every 30 mins. and you can use /backup to save sooner. These files showup in you minecraft folder under backups. This is to prevent more worlds lost to random intermittent CCC crashing.

2.1.2 :

Updated:
    Code Chicken Core
    Chicken Chunks
    NEI
    Island Builder
    Tinker's Construct

Waila

Added Hoppers to the SMP map chests.

2.1.1 - Hotfix

Updated Ex Nihilo to fix a crash bug caused by previous update
    Really truly fixed wool pulverizing.

2.1.0:

Updated:
    HQM - fixes the syncing bug that was reseting people's quest progression
    CoFH and TE3 - random bug fixes
    Ex Nihilo - bug fixes for hives and TC4
    Jabba
    TiCon - dupe fixes
    TiCon Tweaks - fixes bucket dupes and a derp with buckets, fixes lapis modifier, fixes cyclic assembler crash

Config Fixs:
    Turned off infernal creepers
    Turned pulverizing wool to dye back on
    Turned on the Harvestcraft seeds that were not dropping from grass
    Blacklisted Blood Magic mobs from the Autospawner -- nice try :p

Added:
    HarvestCraft Wail Fixes
    TiCon Tool Tips
    Island Spawn Builder - server admins can use the Island wand to create new islands by sneak rightclicking on a solid block. (Angel Block)

2.0.3:

Updated:
    HQM
    Tinker's Construct
    TMechWorks
    Ex Aquilo

Added:
    Big Reactors
    Warp Book

Minetweaker:
    Stuff - use NEI :p

Quests:
    New quests have been added.
    Loot Tiers have been fixed, no more monster jerky in epic bags or epic loot in basic bags.

Config:
    No more pulverizing wool for dye
    TE3 Steel production is off use Steelworks.

2.0.2 -

Turned quest mode back to quest and off edit.

2.0.1 - The SMP Update

HQM - Party Mode
    Blood Magic - Slight custom change to starting path for those who find blood icky - TY Way of Time
    Ex Aquilo - All crops, leaves, and seeds should now compost
    Extra Utilities
    TiCon
    Waila
    Tinker's Steelworks

New Forestry - Adds custom bee option that does something helpful on skyblock. Use the following command to set your world to the skyblock difficulty. The ignoble bee change only effects ignoble bees in alvearies and apiaries not gendustry machines.
    /beekeeping set 0 AGSKYBLOCK

Config changes:

Chicken chunkloader requires players be online to work. For offline chunkloading use the MFR chunkloader. Each player can have 2 but they use power to load chunks.

Watering can is back.

Map changes: The world shipped with the server file has the new SMP map designed by Morvelaira. There are 8 houses. You spawn on a center pagoda, there is a chest with 8 flight potions. Use them to get to a house. Find the houses by going in the direction of the colored paths. Server admins can also set players spawns to the different houses or come up with other ways to handle it. 8 teams or individuals can play on the map at a time. More people will require you making your own SMP map.

Party mode is now active and quests can be shared. Server admins will need to decide if they want rewards to be
    separate or shared in the config.

Fixed Minetweaker recipes typo that was preventing some recipes from loading.

Removed AOBD - this is now included in TiCon

Updated:
    HQM - to 2.1.0 - fixes a couple things and adds the ability to make it so some random reward items can only be gotten once or twice.

Quest changes:

Added a few new random rewards
    Marked most rewards as only being available 1 or 2 times for the random pick. Some items can still be gotten over and over but no one really needed 20 stacks of bee hives or 40 stacks of torches etc. People should see less duplicate random rewards
    Corrected a few more spelling mistakes

Minetweaker Changes:

removed fishfingers till we figure out why they are crashing people's games
    added ore dictionary definitions for TiCon tables, any wood should now be ok for making the tables required in the first quest instead of just oak. This should hopefully also fix the glitch where it sometimes accepted the Tool Station as a stencil table and vice versa
    Harvestcraft salt has been removed from "oreSalt" to stop people exploiting it
    All Ex Nihilo gravel and sand have been removed from "oreMetal" only the dust is equivalent to regular ore... exploiting cheaters :p

Map:
    No changes, renamed to version K to prevent overwrites.

Changed an ID in Ex Aquilo that was messed up and causing issues

Updated:
    Gendustry
    Hardcore Quest Mod : should fix the inventory wipe and rotten heart bugs
    TiCon
    Unofficial update to TiCon tweaks thanks to Prog
    Blood Magic
    Mariculture

Quests:

lowered cobble requirement to 1 piece of octuple compressed
    re-ordered the smelting quest line to make more sense
    adjust a few of the random reward weights

Configs:
    more ore dictionary stuff to hopefully allow for people turning in any wood version of barrels,tables and stations instead of just oak.
    Tool leveling is back on. It is lower than MF. Mining leveling is not on (not like there is much to mine )

Updated HQM to stop an SMP crash

Donations: These are the people who make this pack possible. Pick one or 2 or all of them :p

T-shirts for the pack are available: http://jadedcatmodpacks.spreadshirt.com/ any profits are split between me and the artist, and on my part would be used for redbull and coffee for development days and cat toys for my boss who thinks pack development takes away from her cuddle time.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    James K Doble, Arjjck, sobi and 19 others like this.
  2. Pantong

Pantong Member

I was thinking about this. Maybe 'Magic Sky Farm'? Magic Farm Sky Block is meh... MFSB?
  3. Bladgrim

Bladgrim New Member

Can't wait to try this out later; a bit busy to put the time forth now, but definitely looks a step above the traditional skyblock.

As for a name, how about simply Magic Sky Farm? It gets the point across that it's Magic Farm, but it's also clearly not Magic Farm, thus removing any confusion that others may face seeing both this and Magic Farm on the launcher. Just a though.

Edit: Of course somebody has to beat me to posting this name idea.
    Pantong likes this.
  4. Pantong

Pantong Member

<3 It's yours if you want it =p

Cool, i can now(as long as no changes) host this with bungiecord on my server!
  5. Jadedcat

I don't forsee any changes other than maybe some new recipe tweaks if needed.

The flat map may get a lot smaller on the final release. It was originally built that big because of the vanilla derpy spawn issue.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  6. tatsu011

tatsu011 Member

The Cutest House of Doom

Which is exactly what I feel about the new map.
  7. Jadedcat

Version 1.0.3 is on the launcher. MFR is now supported by Ex Nihilo.
  8. ChrisC

ChrisC Member

Jaded, I'm about to start trying out the skyblock magic farm, and I just wanted to know if the textures you have for the ex nihilo stuff that go along with your texture pack are publicly available yet (and if so, where would be nice), or if they're just for your own personal use for now.

And while I'm directing this question at jaded (seeing as she checks the thread all the time, and it's her texturepack, it seemed rude not to...) any answers from any source are welcome. Thanks!
  9. Jadedcat

They are in the pack on the launcher. I just can't have it install into the private pack automagically. They are also in the newest build on mega. If you download the resourcepack on the launcher for Magic Farm and copy it over you'll get the Ex Nihilo textures.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 27, 2014 ---
    What do you all think of "Agrarian Sky" or "Void Farm" or "Farm the Void" ?
  10. keybounce

keybounce Well-Known Member

Magic Farm of Void?

Magical Void Farm?

Magic Farm: The Sky's the limit.

Magic Sky Block Farm
  11. Yougirasu

Yougirasu Member

I can't think of any names for the pack just this second, but I just thought I'd pop in and say that I love the skyblock version of Magic Farm. And tonight, unless my transport breaks down again, I'll be updating the pack and trying out the Home Sweet Home map because it looks pretty awesome. Morvelaira really made the starting island look nice and homely.
    I just hope I get as many oreberry bushes as I did last time.
  12. "Magic Farm: Prepare to fall edition" MPOTY Edition (Mod Pack Of The Year Edition)

The new house is really pretty. It's completely and 100% safe, right? :p
  13. dirtyriver

dirtyriver New Member

A.S.P

Aerial survival plantation

I thought about doing a short write up about asp rangers
    building forward bases in high altitude and "void" territory.
  14. HeffronCM

HeffronCM Active Member

So, I lost about six hours sleep last night to the Magic Block Farm Sky Void Death Hate map. I started poking at it an hour before bedtime and it sucked me right in. Thank you, Jadedcat, for sharing such an interesting game mode with the community.

I can't imagine a Hard / Hardcore run. I starved to death before I found my first silkworm. My first seed of any type was pumpkin!

One thing of note from testing, in Skyblock Home Sweet Home I'm starting with only 7 hunger (3.5 muttons). Is this intended?
  15. robctf

robctf New Member

Jaded, Natura's Hopseed when planted in a single dirt block generates more three dirts when it grows...
  16. Quietgirl

Quietgirl New Member

I think the home sweet home is more dangerous than the flat skyblock. Limited space to walk around, unknown depth of the island, and lets not forget that you have to jump practically everywhere on that map. :)
  17. keybounce

keybounce Well-Known Member

So, as intended then?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 27, 2014 ---
    Potential name:
    Looking in the sky for diamonds.

(/em ducks the rotten tomatoes)
    cannajan likes this.
  18. Quietgirl

Quietgirl New Member

Well I don't know if it was intended to be this dangerous since it wasn't Jaded who made the map but it works
  19. ChrisC

ChrisC Member

Don't know if this is a bug, or a feature I'm not understanding, but I can't craft a silk touch pick. I'm using the standard silky jewel on my leveled up pick (has one modification available) in a tool station. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?
  20. Quietgirl

Quietgirl New Member

If the pick has luck or fortune on it you won't be able to put silk touch on it, don't know if that is your problem tho