[16x] Vanilla Blend AM2

JackBread

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, guys.

I made this resource pack for Ars Magica 2. I redesigned some of the sprites to more consistently fit Minecraft's style and resolution.
This pack is made specifically for AM 2 and should work with any mod-pack that has it. (though I've only tested with Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack)

I've only edited most of the item sprites, some block sprites, and one armor skin.
Here are some screenshots:
cfncu4V.png

Left-to-right: Witchwood sapling, tarma root, aum, blue orchid, desert nova, topaz(with topaz blocks behind)
Hotbar: Novice staff, Journeyman Staff, Master Staff, and Bound Sword, Shovel, Pickaxe, Axe, and Hoe

1szLMKZ.png

Left-to-right: Life, Air, Lightning, Fire, Earth, Plant, Water, Ice, Ender, Arcane, Base Core, High Core, and Pure Essenses
Hotbar: Arcane Compendium, Spellbook, magenta Spellbook, Crystal Wrench, Magitech Staff, and Spell Parchment

F4GtCLJ.png

Armor on the left is the Mage armor and on the right is the Battlemage armor.
In between are the various runes.

CFyU0e2.png

Arcane Compound, Vinteum Dust, Arcane Ash, Purified Vinteum Dust, the three infinity orbs, and the Keystone
Most of the foci, Lesser, Standard, Greater, Mana, and Charge
The 3 chalk and random samples of the Affinity books
3 different Binding Catalysts
Hell Cow's Horn, Wooden Leg, Evil Looking Book, Essence Bag, and Deficit Crystal
The potions on the right are, top to bottom: mana cake, Lesser Mana potion, Standard, Greater, Epic, Legendary, their respective bundles, and the Infused Essence Potion.
What I haven't change are most of the blocks, armors, spell icons, occulus icons, sigils, and item sprites that were already 16x.

For those of you interested, here is the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yxcq77270nk12ui/16xAM2_v1.4.zip

Comments and criticism welcome!
This pack is free for redistribution as long as you don't claim the work as your own or don't make any money off of it.
Thanks for reading/downloading. : )

- Maaaaybe change sigils. I feel like it would be difficult to convey what they do like the original textures did
- Topaz block

Last edited:

JackBread

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I was considering messaging him, but I saw on his first post for AM2 that he had someone already working on it. Also, I wanted to get some feedback on it, first. My friends say it looks cool, but y'know the opinions of your friends are biased. They don't even play Minecraft, too.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I was considering messaging him, but I saw on his first post for AM2 that he had someone already working on it. Also, I wanted to get some feedback on it, first. My friends say it looks cool, but y'know the opinions of your friends are biased. They don't even play Minecraft, too.

yea.... if they don't play minecraft their opinions might be a bit... :p

JackBread

Jul 29, 2019
Small update. I improved the sprites of the spell parchment, chalk, lightning essence, crystal wrench, and crystal phylacteries.
I also gave the binding catalyst a cool animated sprite. :D

CaseyRobinson

Jul 29, 2019
Just started using this last night, and so far I really like it. Makes the Ars elements feel more integrated with Minecraft proper. Thank you.

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
This is pretty amazing. For some, I'm actually wondering how you got so much detail
in a 16x texture. Lovely!

JackBread

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, guys! I just updated this. Now has new Witchwood textures, staff sprites, and improved some other things along the way.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Neat, even though AM2 itself has been reducing the resolutions of some items on their own in the last few updates.
Even so, until they're done, I think I'll be using this. Thank you.