Buildin' more mod support for Painterly 1.5.1 right here:

Attachments

• CompactSolars1.5.1.zip
    38.8 KB · Views: 125
  • HealthpackPatch.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 128

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
Zerren, that sounds awesome. Just so you know, a new Railcraft update just dropped, so you might want to get 1.5.1-ready Railcraft textures too. I can start unstitching them in a few days, but I'm a tad busy with finals at the moment.
I had actually been using the Railcraft 7 beta for a while now, all of the textures should be there already.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kq4oecr1th2b5ah
Support for the new Thermal Expansion, and a few new animated textures. Merge the contents of this zip with your texture pack.
(Animated block faces, gem glare, pulsating fire charge, glowing furnaces, whirrling gears, sentient UU matter, animated buckets, and much more)

By the way: Make sure to delete the 'gui' folder in /mods/ThermalExpansion/textures/gui when you do this. GUIs changed and some have funny errors.

Reactions: Blockmaster139

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
Woo, progress! I appreciate the texture unstitching and new textures infinitely! Thanks Zerren. Also, seeing how you've done the GraviSuite textures (I got a ton of work put onto me, couldn't get around to making them, sorry but I can get working now), I think I'll start making some alternates because, as some of us already said, Painterly is about the customizer. The unstitched textures make this a ton easier. Thanks again Zerren for your hard work!

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
No problem guys, as I've said, I use this pack too and it would be selfish to keep it to myself. I should have time soon to work on more compatibility for more mods. The updates the devs are pushing out are crazy, but at least it doesn't break textures any more (it uses default).

Reactions: Blockmaster139

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
^ Don't forget Twilight Forest as well!
Also , may I request classic style ingots? I tried doing it myself but I just can't get the colors to look right.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, sorry for the delay. I was in the process of updating a few more mods, including Thaumcraft, but I see you've done a great job already. I'm currently working on Biomes o Plenty at the moment.

About Thaumcraft as well; I'm making an alternate Thaumcraft style that uses a bunch of TC2 textures for those of us stuck in nostalgia. The new TC blocks will also be set in the old style (think the Thaumic Restorer and Duplicator).

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
Very cool. I really liked the TC2 art assets, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. The TC3 textures still need a couple tweaks, too - I need to fix some of the newer GUIs to have the wood-textured inventory (I just dragged and dropped them in from an old version of Thaumcraft for Painterly), and I need to clean up the infused ore texture, 'cause it's pretty bad. Never done an animated texture before. I'd like to add a Painterly crucible, too, maybe one of the ones Fatman X. Jones posted here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/16x-the-painterly-addon-pack.3338/page-4#post-212660.

Another thing: it would be nice to compile all the 1.5.1-ready textures and alternates into a master post. I'm working on some other stuff, including some alternates for Forestry and a set of the older "Zerren-style" gears with stone centres, as seen in this post: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/16x-the-painterly-addon-pack.3338/#post-44576

yellownarwhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
still can't get the alternates to work, (don't know where to start) i tried youtube, and a nice commenter on here is my last chance. if anyone has done it before, it would be nice if you could tell me how

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on which textures you'd like to replace with the alternate texture. You need to find the texture you want to replace within the texture pack folder, rename the alternate so that it has the same filename as the texture you're replacing, and then drag it into the same folder.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
still can't get the alternates to work, (don't know where to start) i tried youtube, and a nice commenter on here is my last chance. if anyone has done it before, it would be nice if you could tell me how

If your using my alternates, then you just drop the folder in the texture pack zip. If you're using the one in the OP, then you're gonna have to individually rename and insert them (or if you're on 1.4.7, you will have to insert into texture sheets)

ShanyBoy

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that the Soldering Iron's GUI was all messed up. So I fixed it! :) Enjoy!

Attachments

• solder.png
    solder.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 141

Inquisitribble

Jul 29, 2019
Here at Aperture Science, we got word that there were these fancy new ingots and plate things. Problem is, when we made them, we couldn't find them because they were invisible!
However, we took matters into our own hands and made them visible again. Look at how shiny these things are.
(Drag this into your metaitems folder in the gregtechmod folder and enjoy! Yay recolors!)

EDIT: Credits to the guy who made the ingot alts and the original plate that I recolored.

Attachments

• materials.png
    materials.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: ApSciLiara

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
Inquistribble: Is this for Minecraft 1.5.2 or 1.4.7?

By the way, I'm gonna start working on improving Biomes O' Plenty compat over the next few days, just installed it on my server.

Inquisitribble

Jul 29, 2019
Inquistribble: Is this for Minecraft 1.5.2 or 1.4.7?

It's for 1.4.7.
I may just redo some of the recolors since quite a few of the grayish plates look very much the same, and if I find the motivation, I may just create classic-style ingot recolors for the Gregtech ingots, as seen with the plutonium, osmium, and thorium ingots in the png I posted earlier.