[16x] The Painterly Addon Pack!

Sl91

Jul 29, 2019
I made some texture for the bees in the Forestry Mod for this pack, Hope these help! (also did a texture for the honey drop)

Attachments

• bees.png
    bees.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 259
  • items.png
    items.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 290

Wolfofthenyght

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone :D I don't know if someone has already done it yet, but I fixed up some stuff for Mystcraft. With the latest update I noticed some things like the ink were invisible and the writing desk UI didn't match up. Enjoy!

Attachments

• items.png
    items.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 195
  • writingdesk.png
    writingdesk.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 195

Slye_Fox

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if you could release the files used to make the GUI backgrounds please.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
Gah, this thread is so inactive. I'm gonna make some alternate textures for dark stone and stuff. Also Wolfofthenyght, you just pasted the ink vial and it doesn't even look like the painterly one! Good job with the writing desk though.

Dox!

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, you NEED to make at least 4 alternating textures, because I don't know about any of you guys, but I only use painterly for its customiser. I may be wrong, but I only saw the textures of your favourite painterly textures. If you like I could send you some base files, like for other ores one to work on?

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, you NEED to make at least 4 alternating textures, because I don't know about any of you guys, but I only use painterly for its customiser. I may be wrong, but I only saw the textures of your favourite painterly textures. If you like I could send you some base files, like for other ores one to work on?

Completely agree. Well, here's my pitch in : https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0ey0u1yzyud2rap/darkstonealternates.zip?token_hash=AAEisvtgd2TnpU1WqnI4s2j_hk6gEQLJhyEM8YDySnFJzA&dl=1

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Gah, this thread is so inactive. I'm gonna make some alternate textures for dark stone and stuff. Also Wolfofthenyght, you just pasted the ink vial and it doesn't even look like the painterly one! Good job with the writing desk though.
Agreed. This thread is in dire need of more attention, and it doesn't help that 1.5 exists with all the mod devs trying to update.

Wolfofthenyght

Jul 29, 2019

Whoops! Thank you! I thought that looked odd. I'll fix it and repost it when I get home from work ^.^

Lurking Grue

Jul 29, 2019
I registered just to say how happy I am I found these sweet Painterly style textures you've all made, Thanks!

DrRedstoneCreep

Jul 29, 2019
Well, now that the ultimate pack is out, can you please make all the textures for that? I play ultimate with this addon pack and it's getting pretty annoying with all the pink or default blocks.

Fatman X. Jones

Jul 29, 2019
While we're still in 1.4.7, I'd like to donate some tweaks I made to the Redpower World graphics. I noticed the Flax plants weren't exactly the best usage of Painterly, so I took the Flax textures Rhodox had made for PeacefulPack back in the day and whipped something up. I'll also throw up three different alternates for the Thaumcraft Crucible based on Rhodox's original cauldrons: a star-fronted one, a skull-fronted one, and a custom "decadent" one I made for my own usage (it'd be selfish to keep such wonderful work, after all. ;) )

It's not the best, but it'll do for now, right, guys?

Attachments

• world1.png
    world1.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Thaumcraft_PainterlyCrucible_01.png
    Thaumcraft_PainterlyCrucible_01.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Thaumcraft_PainterlyCrucible_02.png
    Thaumcraft_PainterlyCrucible_02.png
    5 KB · Views: 157
  • Thaumcraft_PainterlyCrucible_03.png
    Thaumcraft_PainterlyCrucible_03.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 148

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to find the time to cut and paste nearly 5000 textures into their own files is not the easiest thing to do, at least on my end. No word from Paragon either. Unless someone with a ton of free time springs up and bites the bullet updating to 1.5 in one fell swoop, we might be in 1.4 for a while longer.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
I will have some free time over the next few days, I could get started on it. TBH the worst part is probably going to be keeping filenames straight.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 isnt the problem, i think we should focus on updating missing textures and adding support for ultimate pack.

Ultimate mods that need completely new textures:
Modular powersuits
Secret rooms
Minefactory reloaded
Power converters
Nether ores
Applied energistics

Need updating:
Advanced solars
Compact solars ( i think)
Gregtech
Gravisuite
Thaumic bees ( did this have textures?)
Xycraft ( needs to work)

Thats all i can remember. I'll start on Gravisuite tommorow. We can go on without The_paragon.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
I have two days off, so I've begun unstitching the textures and renaming them from my own variant of this Painterly pack. I will not be doing any more support for new mods for a while, but I can say that I have 100% of the textures for my own pack done. I will be uploading the ENTIRE pack within the next few days. Anyone feel free to use my own textures in their own packs, for redistribution or otherwise.

Ingot/Stone/other variants probably won't be done by myself. If we can delegate someone for each variant, that would be ideal.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL, AND IS MY ENTIRE PERSONAL PACK WITH NO VARIANTS, SO IF YOU WANT YOUR OWN CUSTOM TEXTURES FOR SOME THINGS YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PUT THEM IN YOURSELF

Thanks FTB forums, I posted the link to the download yesterday morning and it's still not here due to mantience. Here it is guys: http://www.mediafire.com/?93srm5aq6488101
Credits are to Rhodox, The_Paragon, myself, and a few people from this thread for misc textures.
Full and partial support for: Applied En., BetterStorage, Buildcraft, ComputerCraft, ExtrabiomesXL, Forestry, gravisuite, Gregtech, Ic2, ironchests, natura, nuclear control, omnitools, railcraft, Thermal expansion, and tinker's construct.
Will work on more later, I need a break after unstitching over 5,000 textures (literally).

Expect some nifty animated textures soon-ish from me. With the implementation of the split textures, using your own textures in place of mine is easier than ever, just drag and drop.
EDIT:
Oh god animating textures is so much fun. Expect A LOT of animated textures (completely optional!)

Reactions: Blockmaster139

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
Zerren, this is way cool. Thanks so much, man!. If you need anybody else to unstitch textures, I know my way around photoshop pretty well...

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
Zerren, this is way cool. Thanks so much, man!. If you need anybody else to unstitch textures, I know my way around photoshop pretty well...
Of course, I use this pack too. There is no reason for me to NOT release it!
Thanks for the offer on unstitching. If there are any mods that I've left out that you use, I'm sure people in this thread would be excited to see them compatible with 1.5.1.

Animated texture update! I've completed a few so far, and I love this. I've got small glare on shiny gems, a glowing fire charge, animated liquids in buckets, sentient UU-Matter that bounces and tries to break free of the glass jar, whirrling gears in pistons, quarries, and mining wells, and much much more. I'll release them soon (tonight?)

EDIT:
Well, TE update. Good thing about 1.5.1 is that updates dont break textures anymore! Woo!
I'll get out the textures for the invar armor, and the two new machines along with the animations.

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
Zerren, that sounds awesome. Just so you know, a new Railcraft update just dropped, so you might want to get 1.5.1-ready Railcraft textures too. I can start unstitching them in a few days, but I'm a tad busy with finals at the moment.