[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, no clue. My plan is to use the "Ultimate Pack" and then a few things additional most likely. So I need just about everything you have in one bundle.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.... not too sure about the new ores... The shading to me pulls away from the "simple" theme you have going on. Giving it some time to see if it grows on me, but I'm just not sure about it.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
The point of the shading on the new ores is to make them feel less 'pasted' on the stone and more embedded.
I'll see if I can find another way to do the same thing.
If you have any ideas on the mater let me know.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I understand the reasoning for it. Here's an attempt at what I was thinking.

6UPt0.png

Basically I'd like it to keep to the same lighting as the rest of the texture pack. From straight above.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I rather like that idea/look.
I'll test it out on the ores and see how it looks.
Don't be surprised if the ores look like this next version.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well you are welcome to contribute more if you like.
Anyone can try there hand at new textures if they want.
I will work on getting a dropbox link to the WIP version later.
I also plan to change the blocks of metals into a lower contrast version of there current state.

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
By "anyone can try their hand at new textures" do you also mean that we can make mod-extensions to your pack as well? And if you think they are good enough for you then you will add our extensions to your pack? And by mod-extensions, I mean mods not normally included.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you can try to make textures for mods I don't have support for.
You can also add or change textures to the mods I have worked on if you want.
I just think the pack will get more support faster if more people help.
Also as you said the new/changed textures will have to pass my judgment and may be changed by me.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you can try to make textures for mods I don't have support for.
You can also add or change textures to the mods I have worked on if you want.
I just think the pack will get more support faster if more people help.
Also as you said the new/changed textures will have to pass my judgment and may be changed by me.

That sounds good. I'd hate the pack to turn into a mess of different styles.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a link to my Dropbox with some templates and the pack.
I will be working from this file so you can follow progress.
If you would like to help with textures try to use this as a base.
You can then post the file here or send it to me in a message.
You will need to let me know what was changed/added and only need to tell me what mod it is from if the files are not already in the pack.
Good luck to anyone wanting to help and don't be mad/sad if I don't use your textures.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I actually changed my iron ingots to the "rusty" color the ore and dust have. I'm used to iron being a different color than the common greyish color it has. Was a long time user of DerivationRPG and his iron was rusty.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I've been working on that other mod I mentioned a while back.
Also I've started helping with the coding on it some.
Here is a link to the mod if you want to check it out its not much right now but its still very WIP.
Also if anyone opens its ZIP to look at the items it will be rather easy to tell I was the one working on it.
*Not all the items on the items sheet are going to be in a lot of it is just me messing around.

*Never believe everything you read on the internet.

Pencil185

Jul 29, 2019
I very much like this texture pack and it looks like one I would use, But something else caught my eye and to my surprise It was the stunning house that the texture pack was glued to. If possible I would love the blueprints to the home you have displaying your art. And if you wish, If I use the design you might send my way I would gladly give you full credit to the home if asked.

Thank you, I hope your texture pack goes far! :)
EDIT: I just realized the pics where posted by Greevir so I now direct this post to him.