[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

arrrrik

Jul 29, 2019
I just saw that DecoCraft2 was released and is supposed to be totally backwards compatible- any chance we'll see this in a new update?

Also- just wanted to say this pack is absolutely fantastic. Some of the best usage of HQM mechanics I've seen yet.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan if I can make a suggestion for the Botania quests, maybe have people make a couple hydroangeas (they drink water source blocks and make mana; they also only use regular and mana petals, so there's no "advanced" components) along with the endoflames Energy Control quest. In my opinion, they make for decent mana gen and have the bonus of being passive, so instead of having to either wait on the relatively slow dayblooms/nightshades or sit around feeding fuel to endoflames, people can set up a couple hydroangeas to get a little mana going while they tackle other quests or gather resources. (If the hydros come up later, then I apologize; I'm currently waiting for 2 dayblooms, 2 nightshades, and 2 hydros to make enough mana to make all the runes since I'm both lazy and unwilling to set up a hydroangea tower to really get mana gen/storage going.)

Also, I just thought of this, but what do you think of the idea of adding a Blind Bag Catalog? Like, for a few (say five, maybe?) vouchers, you can buy a mod-related catalog of the possible blind bag rewards which tells what's available in what mod-related blind bag series. And for just general blind bags, you can add in a "choose one" option on the first blind bag purchase (or a separate quest, up to you obviously) for a catalog for the regular non-mod blind bags, that way you have an idea of what you can get. (Alternatively, if you ever go with the mod-specific blind bag purchases, you can have the first quest in the chain have an alternative of the catalog.)
I was just playing, and I was like, "Ya know, it'd be nifty to know what I can get from blind bags," and that's where this idea came from, and I figured I ought to suggest it.

Last edited:

Russell Pearson

Jul 29, 2019
been playing around with rftools dimensions lately, so so op
made a random dimension with huge orbs, took 400rf/t and resulted in orbs solidly made of diamond ore and nether gold o.o

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I just saw that DecoCraft2 was released and is supposed to be totally backwards compatible- any chance we'll see this in a new update?
Oh hey, its out! No, it won't be in this update due to the changes to the crafting system, so I'd want to test it, but it will be in the update after this one.

I should just be able to pull off the BB right off of NEI right?
Yep, we don't have them use NBT values, they are generated from configs when starting up the modpack.

(If the hydros come up later, then I apologize; I'm currently waiting for 2 dayblooms, 2 nightshades, and 2 hydros to make enough mana to make all the runes since I'm both lazy and unwilling to set up a hydroangea tower to really get mana gen/storage going.)
Oh right, I moved Hydroganeas to the wrong branch after Mana Infusion, since the left branch requires the runes to be made. Moving that over to the "New Blossoms" quest instead.

Also, I just thought of this, but what do you think of the idea of adding a Blind Bag Catalog? Like, for a few (say five, maybe?) vouchers, you can buy a mod-related catalog of the possible blind bag rewards which tells what's available in what mod-related blind bag series.
Not a bad idea, but it'll take a long while to do this.

made a random dimension with huge orbs, took 400rf/t and resulted in orbs solidly made of diamond ore and nether gold o.o
And this is why the RFTool dimlet costs are reworked heavily in 0.1.0(scroll down to RFTools changes). Nether Gold Ore is going to take a loooot more to maintain, as well as diamond ore. =)

Reactions: Pudding01

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Not a bad idea, but it'll take a long while to do this.

Yeah, I figured it would, but I also thought it'd be worth bringing up. I'm not aware of how you handle the blind bags, or how you plan to do the catalog, but if I had to suggest how to format it, maybe just have rarity tiers within the catalog; common, uncommon, and rare, or even just have the "standard" items you can get and the "super rare/uncommon" ones that way it won't turn into a number crunching thing (either making the catalog or reading it player-side) and it would make it easier to (I assume, granted) just go through the possible rewards and class them common or rare. Another option would be to list them from highest percent chance to lowest, but that seems like a load of unnecessary work.

(Seriously, if you ever want me to stop with the ideas/suggestions, tell me, I'm aware I can get a wee bit spammy when I get to thinking on something; that's also why I usually edit the same post a few times instead of making new ones, that way I won't clutter up the thread with me throwing every other idea I have at you.)

Oh, and before I post, I just realized that one way to cut down on quest usage for the catalogs (at the cost of chapter/quest completion gating) would be to just have a few quests in groups of four for mods and maybe try to group them by similar subject matter. That way, instead of one catalog quest per mod with blind bags and a general catalog, you'd have a quarter of that with four bags per repeatable quest. I hope I'm explaining this well, I've been up for fifteen or so hours now so yeah.

Russell Pearson

Jul 29, 2019
in reply to Caigan, yeah, although this was without specifying a material dimlet, the mod just randomly chose diamond ore and nether gold, not sure if theres a way to disable it from randomly choosing rare materials. also ended up with a world of nether quartz ore with lakes of molten shiny

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
(Seriously, if you ever want me to stop with the ideas/suggestions, tell me, I'm aware I can get a wee bit spammy when I get to thinking on something; that's also why I usually edit the same post a few times instead of making new ones, that way I won't clutter up the thread with me throwing every other idea I have at you.)
No worries. =)

in reply to Caigan, yeah, although this was without specifying a material dimlet, the mod just randomly chose diamond ore and nether gold, not sure if theres a way to disable it from randomly choosing rare materials. also ended up with a world of nether quartz ore with lakes of molten shiny
Yeah, RFTools dimensions are something I need to do more testing in and balancing.

Shino_chan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello
Today i was exploring the world in my save when i started to have too much lag (appens also in infinity modpack so i guess is a problem on my side) so i saved and quitted back to launcher to reset the lag and then when i tried to reload the world i crashed.
I also tried create a new world but same error come up (ticking player)

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 22/05/15 0.56
Description: Ticking player

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 12
at com.google.gson.JsonParser.parse(JsonParser.java:65)
at com.google.gson.JsonParser.parse(JsonParser.java:45)
at lycanite.lycanitesmobs.api.pets.DonationFamiliars.readFromJSON(DonationFamiliars.java:61)
at lycanite.lycanitesmobs.api.pets.DonationFamiliars.getFamiliarsForPlayer(DonationFamiliars.java:93)
at lycanite.lycanitesmobs.ExtendedPlayer.onUpdate(ExtendedPlayer.java:148)
at lycanite.lycanitesmobs.EventListener.onEntityUpdate(EventListener.java:137)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_416_EventListener_onEntityUpdate_LivingUpdateEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingUpdate(ForgeHooks.java:287)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1560)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:295)
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer$C06PacketPlayerPosLook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:20)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 12
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1505)
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.checkLenient(JsonReader.java:1386)
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.doPeek(JsonReader.java:531)
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonReader.java:414)
at com.google.gson.JsonParser.parse(JsonParser.java:60)
... 22 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at com.google.gson.JsonParser.parse(JsonParser.java:65)
at com.google.gson.JsonParser.parse(JsonParser.java:45)
at lycanite.lycanitesmobs.api.pets.DonationFamiliars.readFromJSON(DonationFamiliars.java:61)
at lycanite.lycanitesmobs.api.pets.DonationFamiliars.getFamiliarsForPlayer(DonationFamiliars.java:93)
at lycanite.lycanitesmobs.ExtendedPlayer.onUpdate(ExtendedPlayer.java:148)
at lycanite.lycanitesmobs.EventListener.onEntityUpdate(EventListener.java:137)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_416_EventListener_onEntityUpdate_LivingUpdateEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingUpdate(ForgeHooks.java:287)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1560)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288)

-- Player being ticked --
Details:
Entity Type: null (net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP)
Entity ID: 393
Entity Name: ShinoLau
Entity's Exact location: -931,50, 65,00, 694,50
Entity's Block location: World: (-932,65,694), Chunk: (at 12,4,6 in -59,43; contains blocks -944,0,688 to -929,255,703), Region: (-2,1; contains chunks -64,32 to -33,63, blocks -1024,0,512 to -513,255,1023)
Entity's Momentum: 0,00, 0,00, 0,00
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:295)
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137)
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer$C06PacketPlayerPosLook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:20)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)

-- Ticking connection --
Details:
Connection: net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager@465df86b
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
Java Version: 1.7.0_75, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 1925547792 bytes (1836 MB) / 2797830144 bytes (2668 MB) up to 4207738880 bytes (4012 MB)
JVM Flags: 18 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=10 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 12, tallocated: 96
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.103.1352 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1352 194 mods loaded, 194 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{7.10.103.1352} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1352-1.7.10-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{10.13.2.1352} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1352-1.7.10-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello
Today i was exploring the world in my save when i started to have too much lag (appens also in infinity modpack so i guess is a problem on my side) so i saved and quitted back to launcher to reset the lag and then when i tried to reload the world i crashed.
I also tried create a new world but same error come up (ticking player)
Oh odd. Looks like this is due to lycanites. I'd say update it to latest, but I think thats on new fluid update...best you can do is disable lycanites until 0.1.0

Fenix chi

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan the game crashes when trying to search nei while in gamemode c on the inventory tab not the right side

Also there is no reward when competing the Inventory manager from ender io

I was messing in the config files and the game crashes when enabling draconian evolution ore spawning

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan the game crashes when trying to search nei while in gamemode c on the inventory tab not the right side
Could I get a crash log for this? I might have found what it is and fixed it, but I want to make sure.

Also there is no reward when competing the Inventory manager from ender io
Whoops, fixing.

I was messing in the config files and the game crashes when enabling draconian evolution ore spawning
Need crash log for this too, though its not something I'm going to go out of the way to fix if it isn't a simple one, as Draconic Ore spawning is supposed to be disabled.

Shino_chan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh odd. Looks like this is due to lycanites. I'd say update it to latest, but I think thats on new fluid update...best you can do is disable lycanites until 0.1.0
I manual update lycanites to last version (1.11), update java to 8 (was using 7) and looks like it's fine now, i was able to load the save and there is much less lag too :D

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan by the by, I know Blood Magic's teleposer (and possibly Botania's weight mana lens, I don't really know about that one) as well as Mekanism cardboard box have a tendency to be able to move blocks they shouldn't be able to (teleposers can move unmovable blocks such as bedrock and warded blocks, I believe) and the cardboard boxes can move virtually anything (spawners, warded blocks, doors I believe, and they can pick up and randomize Thaumcraft nodes). Figure I'd let you in on this issue. That said, I know that @thephoenixlodge's modpack Regrowth has all these mods and there's blacklists in place at least for the teleposer (I think he let it still move nodes) and the cardboard box, so maybe you could ask him for the blacklists to save time. (That said, he also has custom magic crops plants for amber and quicksilver, among a few others, as well as custom recipes for creeper hearts and necrotic bones made from the respective essences, so that might also be worth a look.)

Also, as a bonus, guess which ridiculous and insane anime I've been (re)watching?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
by the by, I know Blood Magic's teleposer (and possibly Botania's weight mana lens, I don't really know about that one) as well as Mekanism cardboard box have a tendency to be able to move blocks they shouldn't be able to (teleposers can move unmovable blocks such as bedrock and warded blocks, I believe) and the cardboard boxes can move virtually anything (spawners, warded blocks, doors I believe, and they can pick up and randomize Thaumcraft nodes)
Something I have on my list to poke at in the future, though there isn't toooo much I'm going to disable from these.

Regrowth has all these mods and there's blacklists in place at least for the teleposer (I think he let it still move nodes) and the cardboard box, so maybe you could ask him for the blacklists to save time.
If its in the pack, its in the files most likely, so I can scour through them pretty easily to look over the lists.

ill upload all the crash logs when i get chance as got a busy weekend at work
No problem!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
NOTE ON 0.1.0! VERY IMPORTANT!

Unfortunately, there is 2 bits of bad news :

1) The update will be delayed to Tuesday, due to holiday weekend and some last minute issues that have cropped up that need ironing out.

2) HQM progress MUST be reset. This is an early warning, and one I will add to the log-in messages. Due to all the changes, HQM progress has to be reset.

Otherwise, it will take about 10 minutes for you to load your world every time, as HQM stalls during loading trying to match up saved data to the updated quests.

Mark down where you are, what your reputation tracks are at, etc, to make it easier to /hqm edit yourself back up.

WHY SO MANY CHANGES?
The changes were necessary for balance reasons, as I work to change things to something many people have requested : Being able to automate fulfilling contracts.

Currently, the Contract system is based on timers and that you can't automate filling the contracts : you have to do it by hand. So the payout was higher.

It won't be in this upcoming update, but in the version afterward (0.1.1), we are planning on having a Shipping Machine of sorts that you can use to automate sending Crates through.

To make the change happen, I needed to go through and rebalance and change all the contracts :
  • All contracts are now Instant Cooldown.
  • Contract payout is much less and reputation reward is removed, BUT -
  • Each contract now gives you Trader Chits.
    • Trader chits represent successful trades. You combine two of the same token into a higher value. Starting at Bronze (8 trade chit) you can turn a chit in for money AND reputation bonus.
    • The bigger value chit you turn in, the better your payout.
      • 4 Bronze chits (8 * 4 = 32 trades) would not net you as much as 1 Silver Chit (32 trades)
fEYP1I1.png

Supply and Production quest pages have been cleaned up and reorganized as well. Large Contracts and x25 Contracts have been removed, since you can turn in as many contracts as you want (Instant Cooldown).

QkCTnoX.png

Added as well is a guide on contracts :

T7EztVt.png

qpV82yj.png

And a whole lot more. You can see a lot of it on the Changelog page, as I keep that updated as I work on things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01
Jul 29, 2019
Holy poop that is absolutely amazing! Also YAY I don't have to worry about actually doing HQM on my series until the actual update! As long as the WORLD itself can be saved and I don't have to worry about it.

Shino_chan

Jul 29, 2019
Got another crash with the ender tank this time placed in world, first time on a simple cobble block then tried again on a fluid conduit from ender io (to pump lava from nether) and crashed again
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why is it breaking :(

Time: 23/05/15 14.30
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.getFluidID()I
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom.writeFluidStack(PacketCustom.java:376)
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TileEnderTank.writeToPacket(TileEnderTank.java:221)
at codechicken.enderstorage.common.TileFrequencyOwner.func_145844_m(TileFrequencyOwner.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerManager$PlayerInstance.func_151252_a(PlayerManager.java:591)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerManager$PlayerInstance.func_73254_a(PlayerManager.java:533)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerManager.func_72693_b(PlayerManager.java:67)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:185)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom.writeFluidStack(PacketCustom.java:376)
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TileEnderTank.writeToPacket(TileEnderTank.java:221)
at codechicken.enderstorage.common.TileFrequencyOwner.func_145844_m(TileFrequencyOwner.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerManager$PlayerInstance.func_151252_a(PlayerManager.java:591)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerManager$PlayerInstance.func_73254_a(PlayerManager.java:533)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerManager.func_72693_b(PlayerManager.java:67)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:185)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: Business - 1
All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['ShinoLau'/464, l='Business - 1', x=-45,41, y=34,00, z=132,02]]
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 524 Drop: 0
Level seed: -3971405090915312933
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (0,0,0), Chunk: (at 0,0,0 in 0,0; contains blocks 0,0,0 to 15,255,15), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 0 game time, 0 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625)