[1.7.10] Stranded on the Beach [HQM][100+ Quests][Hard]

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
SoTB Banner.png
Tech. It's the center of many modpacks, and provides a power that vanilla simply can't provide. People have grown to use it more and more, and as a result, it became more and more powerful. Stranded on the Beach attempts to remedy that. Pulverizer before you even have diamonds? Haha, no... The pack aims to take you through mods you may not have used before, such as mariculture and witchery. Don't like them? No problem, you merely have to dip your toes. Additionally, I have nerfed the mods as I see fit, to create a uniform sense of balance throughout the pack, and I have tried to reduce the situations where there is one mod that is clearly the best option. Find quests a little boring? The pack aims to use quests as a guideline, and adds loads of rich lore and story as you play. The pack is normal generation, and I'm proud of that. Packs with special worldgen can be fun, but there are too many packs with gimmicks these days, and I did not want my pack to be one of those.

Have fun,
Six

Code: SotB

Changelog:
Released the pack, have fun!
Updated mariculture to fix the NEI crashes.
Added HQM rewards, and added some quests.
Removed the spawning of Lemurite and Shadow Iron in new worlds.
Fixed TE machine quest bug.
Added Thermal Dynamics.
Fixed blast furnace showing as unknown.
Added dirt consume task to starting note, to allow completion.
Minor HQM tweaks.
Fixed the forge crash.
Minor bug fixes.

Modlist:
Armor Status HUD
bspkrsCore
Damage Indicators
Status Effect HUD
Apple Core
Applied Energistics 2
Archimedes Ships
Baubles
BiblioCraft
BiblioWoods(BOP, Forestry, Natura)
Big Reactors
Blood Magic
Botania
Carpenters Blocks
Chicken Chunks
Chisel
Code Chicken Core
CoFH Core
Enchiridion
Ender IO
Ender Storage
Ender Tech
ExtraCells
ExtraTiC
Extra Utilities
Flat Signs
Funky Locomotion
Growthcraft(Apples, Bamboo, Cellar, Core, Grapes, Hops, Rice)
Hardcore Ender Expansion
Hats
Hardcore Questing Mode
Hunger Overhaul
iChun Util
Iguana's Tinkers Tweaks
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
Jabba
Mapwriter
Mariculture
Metallurgy
Metallurgy Core
Minefactory Reloaded
Minetweaker 3
Modtweaker
Natura
NEI Integration
Not Enough Items
OpenBlocks
OpenComputers
OpenEye
OpenModsLib
OpenPeripherals - All In One
Pam's Harvestcraft
Railcraft
Simply Jetpacks
Steve's Carts 2
Steve's Factory Manager
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation
TiC Tooltips
Tinkers Mechworks
Translocators
Traveller's Gear
Twilight Forest
Waila
Waila Harvestability
Witchery
WR-CBE

Credits:
kioskcoin and babasoonist for giving me feedback with ideas, and knocking some sense into me when I got too crazy.
FrozenGecko, for doing my fabulous art.

EDIT: Enjoy my pack if you like, but as of now all support for it has ceased.

Last edited:

Xeph

Jul 29, 2019
is there a certain way your suppose to make your world because I'm not on a beach?

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
let me get this straight no beach , no island , no pictures. Not enough description. mmm
sounds fun and good until i didnt see anything from what i said.

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be a problem with NEI, its randomly crashing when I am searching recipes, first time it crashed was checking to see if you nerfed bucket recipe, second time was checking recipe for blueberry pie.

EDIT: Let me know where/if you want crash report and I'll get it to you (if needed.)

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be a problem with NEI, its randomly crashing when I am searching recipes, first time it crashed was checking to see if you nerfed bucket recipe, second time was checking recipe for blueberry pie.

EDIT: Let me know where/if you want crash report and I'll get it to you (if needed.)
Yes, a report would be ideal, thanks.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
let me get this straight no beach , no island , no pictures. Not enough description. mmm
sounds fun and good until i didnt see anything from what i said.
What made you think it'd be an island? And the name implies you've washed up here from somewhere else, to my knowledge I can't make you spawn on a beach. The description I don't really have anything else to say really. As for pictures, it's vanilla generation, what am I taking a picture of?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, a report would be ideal, thanks.
If you update Mariculture to 1.2.4-10 or newer (dev builds) these crashes should be fixed

classlessrook32

Jul 29, 2019
There is not. There are too many packs with gimmicks these days, I didn't want my pack to be one of those. I'll change the description to reflect that.
the lockdown mod is a very useful mod thats all thats why it is so popular when i was making a modpack i was using it nothing bad with it anyways

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
So far this back has been pretty great, very simple and relaxed in its play style, all in all just a fun pack to play.