[1.7.10] Project Fusion - v3.1

John816

Jul 29, 2019
Without Further Adieu, I'd like to announce Project Fusion is included on the FTB Launcher!
562260.png

Pack Code: Fusion

About:
A more mature approach to Minecraft removing cheaty bypasses while trying to add as much diversity as possible. Our Balancing has been around Gregtech and Thaumcraft (with a load of addons) although this pack is tech orientated magic based mods also have a strong standing in the pack, we have since made it more challenging in a survival sense as you will need light during the darkness of night, in the beginning mobs can be difficult to fight but are not impossible.

Authors: Soarer, John816

Mods:

Change your World Type to ATG for the best experience.

Trouble With FPS?
Disable the the Mipmap option in your settings

FAQ:
Why is it really dark?
Because this makes the pack more of a challenge.
I can't use Regular tools, what is going on?
This is intended you should check the tinkers book you spawn with.
Why can't I go in someone else's nether portal?
Because you haven't made a flint and steel yet.
Why are the normal recipe for [enter random item here] not working?
Check NEI as we have changed many of the recipes.
I can't get Flint?
3 gravel = flint

Above All else!:
Look-up recipes in NEI

Changelog:
Updated:
Automagy
Thermal Dynamics
Mariculture
Minechem
Jabba
Iron Chest
HEE
Gany's Surface
Ender IO
Ender Zoo
Chisel 2
ATG
NEI Addons
NEI Intergration
Open Computers
Pams Harvestcraft
Railcraft
Random Things
Remote IO
Rougelike Dungeons
IndustrialCraft 2
Solar Flux
Thaumcraft NEI Plugin
Thaumic Energistics
TIC Tooltips
Tinkers Mechworks
Walia
Walia Harvistabilithy
Project Red
Technomancy
Biomes O Plenty
Buildcraft
Buildcraft Compat
Carpenter's Blocks
IC2NuclearContol
Industrial Craft 2 Experimental
NotEnoughItems
Project Red
Thaumic Exploration
Thaumic Tinkerer

Removed:
Factorisation
Guilded games
Aether 2
Advanced Machines
AE2 Tech addon

- Added Binnie's Mods
- Added Custom Ore Gen (Not for generating the overworld, is just to remove an overpowered ore)
- Tweaked Configs (Too many changes to list, but including ATG, Factorization, ect.)
- Updated COFH Core/LIB & Thermal Foundation/Expansion/Dynamics
- Updated Buildcraft
- Updated Gendustry
- Updated GildedGamesUtil to no Threaded Lighting version.
- Tweaked Scripts (Once again too many new fixes and tweaks to list)
- and lots more re-balancing based on feedback

Our Forum:
http://forum.fusionmodpack.16mb.com/

We are also running an Official Server so come join us at:
s28.hosthorde.com:25784

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Congrats on the release John816. I'm curious: Did you manage to get fusion itself (as a power generation) actually represented in any of these mods? I don't see anything relevant but there's a couple mods I'm not familiar with.

Minechem would come close, with its fusion reactor, but of course that's not a power-generating reactor.

John816

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats on the release John816. I'm curious: Did you manage to get fusion itself (as a power generation) actually represented in any of these mods? I don't see anything relevant but there's a couple mods I'm not familiar with.

Minechem would come close, with its fusion reactor, but of course that's not a power-generating reactor.

*Cough Cough...* GregTech *Cough Cough*

No botania? :( Please say you're just forgetting it and you're gonna add it, PLEASE

We are considering it for a future release, but we are currently hard at work, ironing out some early bugs.

John816

Jul 29, 2019
Neither GT5 nor the in-work GT6 provide Fusion power, just fyi (sadly)
I should get my facts right :p , We started this pack in GT4 but it was more of the fusion between magic and tech that gave us the name.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I should get my facts right :p , We started this pack in GT4 but it was more of the fusion between magic and tech that gave us the name.
Yeah i noted the clever play on words there, hence my question. As a GT fan myself, I sort of miss GT4 fusion.

Well, Greg's hard at work on GT6, so cross your fingers he decides to re-implement it sooner rather than later. In the meantime, you still have minechem's fusion reactor to increase the clever-factor of the pack title :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech packs are always interesting, I feel I should point out though you screwed up on minechem while making your list. You linked to minechem 2, the current version is minechem 5 and is most notably developed by Jakimfett and you're probably best linking to it's page here.

I'm pretty sure the only mod which adds power generating fusion reactors at the moment is reactorcraft and while that and rotarycraft are amazing mods they're definitely not for everyone, although if you're willing and able to get through GT then they shouldn't be bad. You may have to be a little tricky to use it with the nether access locking but thanks to RC's configurable gating you could totally do it so long as you just made it require access to the nether to build it's blast furnace.

Reactions: Pyure

John816

Jul 29, 2019
You linked to minechem 2, the current version is minechem 5 and is most notably developed by Jakimfett and you're probably best linking to it's page here.
Sorry, Corrected this as was automated link from the third party system.

Soarer

Jul 29, 2019
Like John816 said Fusion refers more to the blending and balancing of mods and how they interact with each other in terms of progression and not to any specific power generation options. We were originally going to go with Assention (which did have rotary craft) but since our team has changed a few times since the 1.6.4 pack was first conceived we wanted a name change and so project fusion was born.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Like John816 said Fusion refers more to the blending and balancing of mods and how they interact with each other in terms of progression and not to any specific power generation options. We were originally going to go with Assention (which did have rotary craft) but since our team has changed a few times since the 1.6.4 pack was first conceived we wanted a name change and so project fusion was born.
Interesting, out of interest though why drop rotarycraft? You seem to have known enough to realise it's not a buggy piece of junk made by a cruel modding overlord who won't let people look at it sideways if they want to use which seems to be a stupidly large amount of people given how false it is.

Reactions: Reika

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, out of interest though why drop rotarycraft? You seem to have known enough to realise it's not a buggy piece of junk made by a cruel modding overlord who won't let people look at it sideways if they want to use which seems to be a stupidly large amount of people given how false it is.
I am having a hard time trying to understand on which part of the post the sarcasm is.... Read it 10 times now and I always get two interpretations from it :p

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a hard time trying to understand on which part of the post the sarcasm is.... Read it 10 times now and I always get two interpretations from it :p
I'm seriously interested in why they dropped. I'm also serious that pretty much every argument against rotarycraft is based off hearsay, ancient long fixed bugs or lag, and saying Reika is horrible because they don't let people modify their mods progression, actually people claiming it's OP without having played it is definitely a component as well. So the second part is half sarcasm and half mocking the people who actually do use those kind of arguments, anyone who actually played it and liked it enough to put it in a modpack isn't part of the crazy ideas though so it shouldn't matter.

Reactions: Reika

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Regarding Minechem, Xavion also modestly neglected to mention that he's a minetweaking jedi integrating that into other mods. (His resume includes GT5/Minechem integration, beat that)

Reika's mods can be very fun to tinker with, but I ruled it out immediately upon seeing that this was mod was attempting to achieve inter-mod balance with minetweaker.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Minechem, Xavion also modestly neglected to mention that he's a minetweaking jedi integrating that into other mods. (His resume includes GT5/Minechem integration, beat that)

Reika's mods can be very fun to tinker with, but I ruled it out immediately upon seeing that this was mod was attempting to achieve inter-mod balance with minetweaker.
I did do that yes, I only really integrated the dusts though. Well those and a couple of minor vanilla items to make the dusts work. I should probably see how tricky doing the ingots/gems are, once I know the dusts are fine and without issue as I'm pretty sure I'd have screwed up at least once.

Anyway it's perfectly possible to achieve inter-mod balance with Reika's mods. The only catch is when doing so Reika's mods have to be some of the ones you focus the balancing around, they are fairly configurable and there is even a config option to gate the blast furnace and thus most of the mod behind requiring a specific item. That and it's perfectly allowable by the license to make other mods require its items, so you can balance around it that way. It's definitely possible, it just requires making Rotarycraft the main focus of the balancing.

Soarer

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft was dropped mainly due to minetweaker limitations. As well as the pack has more then enough tech mods.

Reactions: Pyure