[1.7.10] Omega Dawn [Survival] [Increased Difficulty] [Tech] [Magic] [Exploration] [WorldGen]

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
420x200Splash.png

Omega Dawn is now available to the public. Packcode: OmegaDawn

"Wait, what is Omega Dawn?" I hear you cry. Omega Dawn provides an "almost all the mods" type experience, but customised to enhance the survival aspects of the vanilla gameplay and to provide a greater sense of accomplishment. Imagine if minecraft had a "harder" mode, Omega Dawn might be the result.

42x42Icon.png
Before you play:

This pack requires two custom resource packs, these have been included and need to be enabled from the menu if not already enabled by default.

42x42Icon.png
Features:

• Up to 4x less ore gen using a customised ore generation system
  • 0.5x to 5x Ore processing
  • Finite Water
  • Landscapes containing ruined buildings, streets, cities & dungeons
  • No minimap apart from Antique Atlas and vanilla maps
  • 98kb of minetweaker scripts for a unified and balanced (within modpack) experience (this is around 400 lines of MT script!)
42x42Icon.png
Gameplay Tips:

• Always check NEI - there are changes to recipes, even some of the basics
  • Find a temperate biome to call home
  • Find a source of fresh water and make your first camp near there
  • Gather as much food as you can as it's highly unlikely you'll be going outside at night
  • Making a home in a ruin or abandoned building may be a good move
  • Don't start digging/chopping/mining until you have a good reserve of food
  • Beware the festive creepers....
  • Hide during a Blood Moon

Important info:
This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

Modlist:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46396473/OmegaDawn/OmegaDawn Mod List.htm

42x42Icon.png
Known issues:

Occasionally ChocolateQuest will cause a crash when generating a new dungeon. Reloading the game will be fine.

42x42Icon.png
Changelog:

V1.0.2 - The Salt and Survival Update

• Added more seed drop options to long grass (you can now get melon, pumpkin and turnip seeds if you are lucky)
  • Added food "Wild Onion" and "Edible Tuber" as possible long grass drops
  • Added food "Forest Salad" which is crafted from various crops found in the wilds with dandelions
  • Added food "Seed Mixture" which any 2 types of seeds crafted together. Can also be cooked for slight improvement to food stats
  • Added food "Hard Boiled Egg"
  • "Seed Mixture" can be ground into "Seed Flour" which can be crafted into bread
  • Dough can be crafted which can be baked into bread as a more resource efficient crafting alternative
  • Added Mod "The Camping Mod" (some things disabled via config/minetweaker as being not suitable) offers:
    • Camp Fire (recipe changed to just logs and sticks and only stacks to 1)
    • Lantern - Dynamic Light around player at the cost of glowstone
    • Some new animals (vanilla biomes only I think) and some new food types
  • Added Twilight Forest Root block as a world gen in grass in Forests - alternative source of sticks
  • Added Flint Pile block as a world gen in grass in Cold biomes - block can be crafted into 4 flint
  • Tinkers Wooden Tool Rods oredict'd to Sticks
  • Disabled Mud tools, because, mud...
  • Added 2 glowstone block variations for decoration (these won't break back into dusts)
  • Added more uses for Mekansim Salt
  • Added Mod Snowfall for effect
  • Added Mod OpenModularTurrets for home defense (recipes minetweaked)
V1.0.1
Fix derp with resource packs
V1
Initial Release

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
New update being tested. Features changes for easier survival options especially cold biomes (mainly because my game world and my testers have all started in cold biomes, and we've all encountered similar difficulties).
Includes more seed and new food drops from long grass, more early game food options, campfires, and some world gen tweaks for COLD and FOREST biomes. Also, for good measure, also includes OpenModularTurrets for long term survival assistance.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No need to have 12Gig of Memory if you are only allocating 2Gig to Java Running fine on 8Gig of total memory here
Thanks for the notification. One of my testers was having issues with the pack on a machine with 12gig memory installed, but no issues on other computers with 16gig. Updated the OP with your 8gig result.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Submitted V1.0.2 of the pack to FTB for upload. I call this the Salt and Survival update, and changes can be found in the OP.

Christley

Jul 29, 2019
Submitted V1.0.2 of the pack to FTB for upload. I call this the Salt and Survival update, and changes can be found in the OP.

i tried adding the files manually to another server and removing all that other stuff from the server. couldnt get it to work properly. so if you could provide me with the working and proper server files ill give this modpack a go. just upload it to whatever site if you cant submit it to ftb launcher

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
can you run this on Multi MC?
Sure, I don't see why not. I personally run/design my copy within the vanilla launcher as a new instance.

Speaking of which, I'm in the process of testing an update. Lots of mods updated, one removed, one added and have changed even more how you start in the game. Instead of vanilla wood and stone "age", you now have "flint" and "crude bronze" age which you have to progress through to get to the "tech". It shouldn't feel like an added grind, as early game you are more focused on survival (getting somewhere safe, food, water, heat supply) than on mining & tech.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
So, in the massive ecology of custom mod packs, I was wondering if anyone was actually using OD? Going by this topic, seems not.
If so, I'm willing to let it die, but if there are any users and want an update, send me a PM and I'll provide a private download to update the pack manually.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
wonder if my shitty processor can handle this.
Give it go, try adding Fastcraft, since the pack is heavy on world gen (with custom ore generation and ruins), the chunk generation issues in 1.7.10 stand out a lot more, so Fastcraft is a massive help.
But, if you can run the DW20 pack, you should be able to run OD.

Reactions: classlessrook32

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Crash 1: http://pastebin.com/N1a9k37T

Crash 2: Check crash 1

Crash 3: Same as crash 1.

Looks like something to do with You Will Not Stack is preventing the game from initializing, or mod sorting.
Hmm, that's interesting, as I test every version before releasing, and also test the uploaded version once it hits FTB.

For now, remove YouWillNotStack. The latest version of the pack no longer uses that mod as it's also possible to do the same with CustomItems.
It's not a game breaker to remove that mod, it stops one mod item being stackable to 64 and has purely been done to make that item "annoying" by not stacking so you are less likely to "abuse" it.

Said item is the Campfire, the early game cheap solution to light & heat.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Had to disable autopackager because a mod sorting item seemed to be causing a loop and wouldnt' continue loading either.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Had to disable autopackager because a mod sorting item seemed to be causing a loop and wouldnt' continue loading either.
Ah, I get that on occasion, even when there have been no changes to the pack. I just keep retrying until it loads. Never tracked down the actual source of the issue. I'll see if there is an update to the autopackager. It's included as it can be useful, especially if you want to make use of the poor ores in an automated system.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Since there's a bit of life here, next update features:

Massive update of most mods
Removal of AetherCraft and addition of RFTools
Adjustments of Hydration rate, so you don't get thirsty so quick
Disabled Wither Witch/Cats (seriously annoying, especially the cats with their poor hit boxes)
Change early game progression with Flint and Crude Bronze replacing Wood and Stone Tools
Change to Smeltry Recipe so it's a bit later in the progression and needs a bit more resource investment to get your 2x normal ore processing
Added a chance per chunk of a large cluster of normal metal ores
Various little tweaks

cmann21

Jul 29, 2019
Is this modpack still being developed. I have searching through all private modpacks and testing a lot of them and I found this and kind of like it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is this modpack still being developed. I have searching through all private modpacks and testing a lot of them and I found this and kind of like it.
Yes, I'm working on the last parts of a massive update. The update will also be a world breaker, bit unfortunate, but unavoidable.