[1.7.10] Lost Connection? To half my population?!

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I have a question and maybe some other server owners/administrators can shed some light on it. I host my server off a dedicated box via OVH. The service is great and I really can't complain about them at all. I am noticing however that randomly my server just dumps a number of my players off-line and times them out via "Lost Connection."

Now I was doing some research and came across a subreddit and noticed that this has actually cropped up with 1.7.10 servers. Have any server owners or administrators comes across this and how have you handled it?

Now before we attack the obvious points, it doesnt seem to be a connection issue at all with my service. The ping on my server is generally always in the green. It floats in between 90 and 200. Yes that is server ping, not individual user ping. Now for me my individual ping to the server generally floats around 80 - 90. So my connection is in the green and I myself am still dumped off the server.

Is it perhaps a java issue? The server is not overloaded either and has more than enough ram to sustain itself and never even peaks close to the ram max on the actual server. So it is clearly not a memory issue. Any thoughts? Ideas, Suggestions? The java version is 1.8, sever is kCauldron

BTW: I placed it in this section to open discussion and seek any thoughts or config changes that may be suggested, since this really isn't a "tech support issue"

Last edited: