[1.7.10][WIP][SMP] Industria Arcanum

Saphrym

Jul 29, 2019
6u5blVi.png

Story:

See the Quest book.

About:
Industria Arcanum is a modpack designed by Saphrym and the Mentat Minions about steam, gears, and magic. It'a also meant to be an adventure with plenty to do and many beautiful things to see. And fedoras. And top hats?

Mods:
The mods for the pack are based on a steampunk/magic concept. The following are the main mods picked to follow that concept:

Magic:
Tech:
There are also mods in the following categories:

Design, Cosmetic, Flavor, Farming, Simulation, Storage, Crafting and Client/Server Utility.

View the MODLIST.md file for the full list of mods that are and will be included (if we have permission).

SERVERS:
This modpack is intended to be as server friendly as possible. Configs and mods are picked specifically for that purpose.
OpjU1bJ.png
-Saph

Last edited:

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
While you absolutely have permission to use my mod for this, a lot of the other mods that you're waiting for permission to use already give it to you (I know Witchery is at least one exception though).

For one, there's a nice spreadsheet put together that lists public permissions: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/permissions-spreadsheet.50035/
Second, a lot of threads that contain details for the mod also contain the global permissions for it as well. For example, if you look at Thaumcraft 4's minecraft forum thread and scroll down to the "Mod Packs" section, it'll tell you when and how you can use it.

Good luck with the modpack, I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Saphrym

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks much for all of the information. I'm definitely new to this. And thanks for the permission!

I'm also excited to see how it turns out. :)

Reactions: Elec332

Saphrym

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks much jgt815! I'll keep you in mind. We're in extreme alpha right now.

Primal Demon, no. There is no AE2, no IC2, no TE, no Mek, etc.

reddracomancer

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck with the pack it seems fun cant wait for it to come out, and I think hqm would fit in well with the theme.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a fun pack for the Patreon server. Found my way here from looking for the pack name mentioned in PM's vlog.

Patreon server has been empty the last couple of times I looked - perhaps poll the other people still active and see if they are happy to alpha test? Now that word is out I doubt anyone will start any builds. Maybe some ideas will emerge on there for the HQM quests if you chose to put that in.
Steam tech sounds fun. Nothing wrong with a wall o barrels! I have seen some complaining about how slow it is to make lots of brass in Flaxbeards though, so the ticon smeltery might be able to be tweaked to facilitate mass production.
Doesnt need a story, with only a few key mods the intended theme and style becomes clear. The less written word the more nationalities can enjoy the pack.
I havent played with archimedes ships but it seems like a good fit with the theme. Probably not good for servers I presume?

I think less is more, its frustrating when you need three different sorts of copper. People put too much in which means there are so many ores your mine looks like a kindergarten painting, which in turn makes your storage and inventory needs explode. I'd love to play a modpack where I dont need at least two golden bags of holding for day to day existence. I hate to throw away or leave so many things I know I'll need later while roaming the countryside looking for a place to settle down.
I dont know how you'd guide gameplay but if there was a way to encourage collaborative builds of towering steampunk villages it would be cool.
With none of the typical farming automation available I hope the food is kept simple. (Edit, Aww dammit spiceoflife is in, oh well it's your pack!)
Hopefully there is a mod to make your standard inventory better.

Last edited:

Saphrym

Jul 29, 2019
Spice of Life is set to 8 foods and Hunger Overhaul is in easy mode. Just wanted a reason for people to farm the food. ;)

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Better than 12, I like it! good balance to enforce some variety without food being a focus. Looking forward to community projects and a fresh start on a server at the same time as everyone else.
Might be worth setting up a thread for that separate from the modpack thread?

Last edited:

Saphrym

Jul 29, 2019
Better than 12, I like it! good balance to enforce some variety without food being a focus. Looking forward to community projects and a fresh start on a server at the same time as everyone else.
Might be worth setting up a thread for that separate from the modpack thread?
I might look into a place for the community.

Wow, love the pack, just wish I could help you with somethings... :p
You might be able to soon. :)

monsterman11

Jul 29, 2019
Saph, I am here from the PurpleMentat vLog, and I was wondering if you need help with anything with regards to testing. I am just offering from both ends, the internal software, as well as testing and progression playthrough.

Saphrym

Jul 29, 2019
Saph, I am here from the PurpleMentat vLog, and I was wondering if you need help with anything with regards to testing. I am just offering from both ends, the internal software, as well as testing and progression playthrough.
I am good for now. But thanks much for the offer!