[1.7.10][Hardcore, HQM]Slimed Over[cancelled]

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
So, it's over. I never really did find a way to finish the map itself in a way that I wanted. It's been quite some time since 1.7.10's modpacks started coming out and I know that I can't do what I'm wanting to do in a way that makes it even comparable to the packs currently out. I've found that while I had a nice idea, the whole slime world thing, there's just too many similarly built packs and just too many packs using hqm as a whole right now. I cannot see myself continuing the making of this pack without just coming across as a knock off of quite a few better packs. I might attempt another pack, but it won't be hqm and odds are it won't have nearly any of the mainstream mods people are used to. Also, that was a fairly large might with a hint of probably not.

Hello, for anyone that hasn't seen me around on the forums, my name is darkeshrine and I have played a lot of Hardcore Quest Mode packs. One thing I've noticed while playing these packs is that there's always something that each of them, in my opinion, do very well while others seem to lack it or just not do that thing as well as it does many other things. To keep it short, I'll name just a few things: Jadedcat's Agrarian Skies is fairly long which makes for a lot to do with a lot of different builds to accomplish; Iskandar's Crash Landing has a great difficulty that focuses on the early part of a world but still carries on for much longer; Gideonseymour's Running Red has a fantastic story line that stays heavily present throughout the questline. I wish to create a pack that does all of these things well and hopefully a little bit more.

Story Line:
In the 23rd century, the population of Minecraftians reached levels beyond what Minecraft could support. With a lack food, water, and overall resources, wars began to break out a cross the universe. The developers created a simulator to determine just how bad the warring would become. After seeing the devastating results of the simulation, a new project was established to save the future of the Minecraftian race. The project's goal was to send a select few Minecraftians far into the future after the war's affects on the universe had diminished and nature had begin to generate normally again.

You have been sent roughly ten million years into the future to rebuild and prepare for a group of refugees to be sent. After arriving in the distant future you realize that thing's look very different to what you left behind. Unfortunately, the project failed to calculate the war's affect on how nature would generate. How hard will it be to survive and build in such a strange world?

Mod List: Still fairly tentative as a few mods I want in the pack have yet to update or finish updating to a capacity that would make it useful to the pack.
ArmorStatusHUD by bspkrs
StatusEffectHUD by bspkrs
AppleCore by squeek502
Applied Energistics 2 by AlgorithX2
Autopackager by smbarbour
Baubles by Azanor
Bibliocraft by Nuchaz
Big Reactors by Erogenous Beef
Botania by Vazkii
bspkrsCore by bspkrs
Carpenter's Blocks by Mineshopper
Chisel by AUTOMATC_MAIDEN and pokefenn
CodeChickenCore by chicken_bones
CoFH core by TeamCoFH
Cookiecore by EphysPotato
Ex Nihilo by Erasmus_Crowley
Extra Utilities by RWTema
Forge Multipart by chicken_bones
Hardcore Quest Mode by Vswe, LordDusk, Newcastlegeek
Hunger Overhaul by parker8283
Iquana Tweaks by Iguana_man, parker8283
Iquana's Tinker Tweaks by Iguana_man, boni
Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
JABBA by ProfMobius
Lockdown by Adubbz
Mantle by mDiyo
Minefactory Reloaded by skyboy026
MineTweaker 3 by StanH
Mob Properties by FatherToast
Mobius Core by ProfMobius
ModTweaker by joshiejack
Natura by mDiyo
NEI by chicken_bones
NEI addons by bdew
Nether Ores by skyboy026
Open Blocks by mikeemoo
Opis by ProfMobius
Pam's HarvestCraft by MatrexsVigil
Redstone Arsenal by TeamCoFH
Simply Jetpacks by tonius11
Special Mobs by FatherToast
Spice of Life by squeek502
Steve's Factory Manager by Vswe
Tinkers' Construct by mDiyo, boni
Thaumcraft 4 by Azanor
Thermal Expansion by TeamCoFH
Thermal Foundation by TeamCofh
TiC Tooltips by squeek502
Tinkers' Mechworks by mDiyo
Tinkers' Steelworks by toops, ephys
Waila by ProfMobius
Waila Harvestability by squeek502
Zombie Awareness by Corosus

Mods i'm waiting for:
Equivalent Exchange 3 by Pahimar
Zan's Minimap by Zaneris
Ex Aquilo by Zerokyuuni
Thermal Expansion's conduit module whatever they decide to name it by TeamCofh

SCREEN SHOTS!
oS08NXq.png

voxYFsb.png

To Do List:
1. Make the actual Map... harder than it seems as my idea may require a custom mod or something. Check! Version 1.5.0 of the map is finished. Now on to the rest of the list!
2. NAME THE PACK. Check!
3. The entirety of recipe changes. DONE!!!
4. Edit mob properties.
5. Fix a few bugs:
5a. TC4 hungry nodes cause crashes.
5b. HQM doesn't like hardcore worlds... derp.
5c. Vanilla's superflat preset generator doesn't like modded item names and numerical item ids change too often for a stable map. I will need a mod created to combat this as I can't think about releasing this into alpha with a map that needs a reset every update.
6. Test server compatibility cause it needs to work on servers.
7. Finish HQM questline. Already have 2 sections almost finished.
8. Submit to FTB as initial alpha release. The only 2 things keeping me from this is Mob Properties and the artsy stuff for icons and such.

Changelog:
Empty cause it's not even alpha yet.

Also, for anyone that may be interested, I am in need of people to help me with a few things on my to do list and testing of the pack. In depth knowledge of the mods, recipe editing, map building, tech support and so on is preferred. Any help would be appreciated as this is the first modpack I've ever tried to build.

CREDITS: for those who helped me significantly.
Stan over on the Minetweaker 3 forums for answering my questions.
jordsta95 for answering my questions and helping me with errors.
The PhoenixTeam for allowing me the use of some of their scripts.
JadedCat, Gideonseymour, and Iskandar for putting out great maps that served as my inspiration for this map.
FTB for having the best launcher I've ever used.
Finally, all the Mod Devs that make the mods this community is built on.​

Last edited:

kdthehun

Jul 29, 2019
Hungary
Hi!
Nice little storyline you got there.
Your story seem to focus on the final destination of the player and his/her destiny as a world starter. I think an appropriate name would be somewhere along the lines of:
Destiny
Destination
So maybe merge the 2?
Destinyation

As for Bug fixes, that i believe need to be done by the Developers of the Mod packs. Unless you can disable those items or features in their configs. Have a look at that. Maybe you could even specify a custom name for the unnamed items.

As for "3. The entirety of recipe changes." not sure what you mean. If you want to change all the recipes that are in there, well, i don't think you can. Usually these are specified by the Mods and can't really change them unless you get something that allows you to disable recipes and add your own.

Making the map is usually easier when you have a server set up and you got a team and everyone knows what they need to build/destroy/modify. Also helps to have a forum/forum thread set up for this so the team members can communicate.

The rest of the things are simple. If the ModPack is working for you in single player mode, then it's easy to migrate it to a server.

As for the quest, well that can be hard at times. You will need an elaborate story line for the quest lines. Have to work out details for various things like failing a step, skipping, small in-between rewards, Grand Reward, oh and the quest steps have to be somewhat interesting and funny but serious at the same time or players will lose interest fast.

I hope this bit of info helps you. :)

Good luck with your project!

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
Nice little storyline you got there.
Your story seem to focus on the final destination of the player and his/her destiny as a world starter. I think an appropriate name would be somewhere along the lines of:
Destiny
Destination
So maybe merge the 2?
Destinyation

As for Bug fixes, that i believe need to be done by the Developers of the Mod packs. Unless you can disable those items or features in their configs. Have a look at that. Maybe you could even specify a custom name for the unnamed items.

As for "3. The entirety of recipe changes." not sure what you mean. If you want to change all the recipes that are in there, well, i don't think you can. Usually these are specified by the Mods and can't really change them unless you get something that allows you to disable recipes and add your own.

Making the map is usually easier when you have a server set up and you got a team and everyone knows what they need to build/destroy/modify. Also helps to have a forum/forum thread set up for this so the team members can communicate.

The rest of the things are simple. If the ModPack is working for you in single player mode, then it's easy to migrate it to a server.

As for the quest, well that can be hard at times. You will need an elaborate story line for the quest lines. Have to work out details for various things like failing a step, skipping, small in-between rewards, Grand Reward, oh and the quest steps have to be somewhat interesting and funny but serious at the same time or players will lose interest fast.

I hope this bit of info helps you. :)

Good luck with your project!
Destiny and the like seem a little pretentious when looking at the storyline. The storyline character, which is played by the people playing the pack, is essentially a glorified general contractor. I have a few ideas for a name for the pack, leaning towards a description of the map i have "designed"(aka the idea in my head)

As for bug fixes, I am the pack developer. Anyway, there's a surprisingly low amount of bugs so far. The main issue is that most are things that I don't necessarily know the actual cause of short of what mod is doing it.

Trace Kern

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully development for this modpack is still ongoing, as this is exactly the kind of modpack/map I love to play!

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully development for this modpack is still ongoing, as this is exactly the kind of modpack/map I love to play!
Ongoing as in waiting for a mod to fix an issue with vanilla. As it stands currently, every update breaks the map. Vanilla's Superflat generator doesn't like modded things.

UnD3adLegacy

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully this isn't a dead pack D:
It also seems like this pack is bringing back the creating part of Minecraft lol just an opinion

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully this isn't a dead pack D:
It also seems like this pack is bringing back the creating part of Minecraft lol just an opinion
No, not dead. At least not yet. I'm trying to figure out how to fix an issue with vanilla that's ruining the map every time a mod updates. I'm also trying to figure out Mob properties, as there's a bunch of work that i'd like to do to make the pack feel more... "slimy." By the time I manage to fix everything I need to, I'll probably switch some mods around. I'm thinking of dropping a few mods that are very over used in packs like these in favor for a few mods that I've learned to enjoy greatly.

I've got amazing plans for this pack, but until I get that dumb vanilla thing fixed, it's going nowhere real fast. Worst case scenario, I have to wait until the very end of 1.7.10 and mods stop updating to put out a pack that won't need a map reset every update.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
So, haven't been on the forums and doing stuff for a couple of months. I figured that it would be unfair to not give an update on this even if it was just to stop in and state that I'm still working on it.

I'm still having the trouble with Vanilla's issues with modded item ids. That hasn't changed, unfortunately. What has changed since i last played minecraft at all, is many of the mods; particularly Tinkers' Construct and its add ons, but mods update and things change. I'm trying to keep updating the mods, but unfortunately Pokemon OrAs and Super smash bros is getting in the way. Some mods are just too far out of date for my minetweaker scripts, mostly from the balancing of the mods and not all scripting is still needed or more may be warranted. A few examples of this is TiC's new tools/weapons, Simply jetpacks adding in EnderIO stuff, me still not finding enough uses for slime balls, AE2 being more tedious than I originally thought(not that i didn't know how tedious, just that i failed to realize that this tediousness grows as your network does). To expand further on my AE2 comment, It's really balanced the way it is and originally I had AE2 stuff being some of the most expensive in the pack while I believe that SFM is far more powerful than AE2 when it comes to automation. I may just up AE2's power draw, add in some cross mod materials, and call it balanced.

At the moment, I've got a few mods I plan on removing, such as Thermal Expansion and its add ons. I do also plan on removing MFR pending me finding a suitable replacement for the Laser drill and Pink slimes(because Slimes?) in other mods. Unfortunately, the majority of my minetweaker scripts are focused on these mods. Between my laziness and not updating, the large amounts of obsolete scripts, and the stupid vanilla preset generator, I'm thinking that starting from scratch may be the way to go. I don't plan on ditching the Slime theme or storyline, but rather Updating would be more trouble than starting over from a build standpoint. I also don't plan on binge pack work like I did originally, so I will take my time and do things at a pace that won't make me disgusted with minecraft so quickly. I could probably have the pack updated by the end of Febuary, but that would be me working on it constantly in my spare time, which i'm not going to do. I'm currently playing around with all the new packs and looking at shiny new things and mods.

So, pretty lengthy update. Mostly bad news, but it's an update. Bad or good, news is better than silence.