[1.7.10] Evolution of the Harvest [HQM Pack][CTM][CustomNPCs]

007Smiffy

Jul 29, 2019
EOTH BannerPNG.png

PAGE IS STILL BEING WORKED ON. THERE IS NOT A PUBLIC RELEASE CURRENTLY HOWEVER THERE SHOULD BE SOON :D
Backstry BannerPNG.png

You’re a super chef, master of the culinary arts, but you often find your quest for the greatest foods the universe can offer end up taking you to places you dare never return to. But this time its different... this time it’s not where, but when.

The last thing you remember before jumping into the mysterious glowing portal was... wait what was it? You cannot remember! The more you think about things the less you remember. As you come to your senses you find the world around you to be a very unfamiliar one. All you see is a strange book. Somehow despite losing your entire memory you can still remember how to read, and a good think that is to because your sure the key to you getting home lies deep in this frail scripture.
As the sun sets on your first night here, you realise you must evolve in order to make it back home in time for tea... okay you might miss tea but still you want to get home soon.
Intro BannerPNG.png

Welcome to my latest creation... Evolution of the Harvest.

So you’ve stumbled across this page, possibly by accident, and you’re wondering if this is a pack you’d enjoy playing. Well actually you’re probably not thinking that, but let’s pretend you are...
I initially began this pack to fill a hole I’ve noticed appearing in the Modded Minecraft Universe. Time and time again I see people saying how they’ve lost interest or motivation in packs. Well this pack is designed to reignite that love you have of Modded Minecraft.
I’ve packed the pack with as many unique and interesting elements as I could just to give you a whole new outlook as to what you can do with the mods we all know and love. While the pack does contain a scripted story, I've tried to leave progression as open as possible. You may choose to travel to distant islands to gain a head start or you may prefer to stay on your island and build everything from the ground up; the choice is entirely up to you. I’ve also added a HQM Book, Custom NPC quests and a monument to complete to give you tones of targets to keep you interested.
This pack is not a tutorial to the mods, and a lot of recipes have been altered using Minetweaker, but even people who have never played Modded Minecraft would be able to follow along reasonably well.
Ages BannerPNG.png

Progression is split up into groups called Ages. Each age represents the discovery of a new material and with it unlocks new mods. While to begin with gathering a new resource is tedious, soon with a bit of work you will discover easier ways to obtain them.

Wood – Growthcraft

Stone – Botania

Copper – Mariculture and Blood Magic

Tin – Tinkers Construct

Brass – Flaxbeard's Steam Power
Iron – Pneumaticraft and Thaumcraft

Steel – Immersive Engineering

Gold – Ender IO, Applied Energistics and Matter Overdrive

In the quest book you will also find directions to certain Age-Specific islands. Most are optional islands to visit. Visiting them will allow you to hire NPCs to help automate some more grindy tasks.
HUBs2 BannerPNG.png

As you evolve through the map you will unlock new HUBs. HUBs are accessible via islands in the spawn world [The HQM Guide will direct you to them once you've unlocked the relevant Age's]. There is roughly one HUB per 2 Ages. In these HUBs you will meet the locals and earn their help by completing tasks for them.

In order for an NPC to help you, you must complete three tasks:
Find them their missing item
Gather the resources they need

Pay them to work for you

DO NOT expect to be able to complete every quest in each HUB as soon as you unlock them; they are designed to be relevant for a long period of the game and thus some quests may require materials only obtainable later into the pack.
KeyFet BannerPNG.png

This pack contains as many unique features and things to do as I could fit into it including:
A HQM Questline
CustomNPC Quests
Bonus Minigames
Unique progression line
Loads of Vanilla Command Blocks
A scoring/bank system
Skyblock adventures
A monument to complete
A custom achievement list
Mods2 BannerPNG.png

Although pretty much set, this modlist is subject to changes. Details of permissions and versions can be found below. Any suggestions for mods to add are welcome however please note I wish to avoid several of the commonly used mods. This is as it can be boring to make the same machines in every modpack. I'm looking to direct the players to use the mods in more creative ways.

AppleCore
Baubles
BetterFoliage
Bibliocraft
Botania
Buildcraft
BuildcraftAddons
Carpenter’s Blocks
Chisel2
Code Chicken Core
CoFHCore
CustomItems
CustomMainMenu
CustomNPCs
DummyCore
Enchirition
EnderCore
EnderIO
EnderIOAddons
Ender Storage
Eureka
Ex-Nihilo
ExtraUtilities
Factorization
Flaxbeard’s Steam Power
Gadomancy
GardenOfGlass
GardenStuff
GrowthcraftCE
HardcoreDarkness
HQM-The Journey
Immersive Engineering
INpureCore
JourneyMap
Mantle
MaricultureDeluxe
MatterOverdrive
MineTweaker3
ModTweaker2
NotEnoughItems
Pam’s HarvestCraft
PerfectSpawn
PneumaticCraft
Project Red
SciAPI
Stellar Sky
Storage Drawers
Tinkers Construct
Thaumaturgical Knowledge
Thaumcraft 4
ThaumcraftInventoryScanner
Thaumcraft NEI Plugin
The Kitchen Mod
Thermal Foundation
TiCTooltips
Tinkers’ Modifiers
Twilight Forest
WR-CBE

CRASH REPORTS

SCREENSHOTS

rsz_2016-04-17_142605.png
rsz_12016-03-23_231056.png
rsz_2016-04-17_142546.png

CREDITS

CHANGELOGS [COMING SOON]

- Full list of CustomNPC Quests
- Mod Versions & Permissions

PC/SERVER FRIENDLY

I've noticed many people are restricted to what packs they can play by their computer. One thing I've noticed is a skyblock pack can be quite intensive when it comes to mob spawning. So to counter this instead of the player building mod farms which spawn tonnes of mobs, you have to buy a premade mod farm from one of the HUBs. Each farm can be upgraded as you progress through the pack, and each HUB unlocks more types of mobs. This is done by hidden piping and does not involve physical mobs in game.

Spawners are available for purchase in the shop however they are designed for the mid-late game so will not be accessible from the start. Natural mob spawning is disabled, however spawners will still work. To ensure the player still lights up their base hardcore darkness is enabled.

But now you’re thinking that’s silly! Doing that makes it boring. Plus what would be the point in making fancy armor and swords. Well your going to need armor and swords if you want to earn some extra money. Each HUB has a mob battle area. Here you can try to fight off hoards to zombies, battle face to face with skeletons or run away and cry in the corner as the creepers charge you. You have to pay to enter but you earn money for the length of time you survive. And even when you die all your items are returned to you free of charge.

Please note this pack is not currently set up to run on servers. It should work fine if you are playing together but if you wish to create several islands then some features, such as the shop, will not work. This is on my list of priorities to sort out.

Last edited:

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Have you a rough idea of when it will be released? I legit come into work, make a coffee and immediately come here and check for a pack code since the beginning of the week. :) Looks amazing!

Reactions: AbsoluteYuri

007Smiffy

Jul 29, 2019
This looks great!
Can't wait to play it

Thank you :D

Pack Code? Where can I play it?

Unfortunately it is not out yet. But should be soon :)

Watching, Waiting. Looks Good!

Thank you :) hope it lives up to the hype

This looks amazing first modpack that shows real promise in a long time.

Wow! Thank you very much :D

Have you a rough idea of when it will be released? I legit come into work, make a coffee and immediately come here and check for a pack code since the beginning of the week. :) Looks amazing!

Ah wow that is a massive complement :) as of a release date, unfortunately I am writting this led in a hospital bed after being treated for a quite sevear illness. I'm due to be sent home next week and so a release is likely to be a couple of weeks time. Sorry for the delay

Looks amazing, please share the code <3

I will when it's ready :p

Why is it in public packs subforum then and not in modpack creation :/?

Because I am a noob and didn't know where I was meant to put this thread xD

Looks Interesting. Cannot wait to play.

Thank you :)

Reactions: AbsoluteYuri