[1.7.10] Bleeding World ModPack [Curse][FTB]-Hardcore Pack

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
C96RNw9.png

This pack is all about survival. The world has been destroyed over many years, plundered for its good and services there's nothing left. Many years have passed since then, you have been placed in an evolved world where it can sense you and adapt around you. Watch out, Survival just got a whole lot harder.​

FTB Pack Code: BDBleedingWorld
Also on Curse

Features of this pack:
-Heavily customised
-Custom Cutscene
-All tech has a steampunk base recipe
-All magic has a natural theme
-Evolved World
-In game help for customisations (Press H)
-Rotate,Push & pull all kinds of things with pistronics 2
-Use an airship to travel with archimedes ships
-Dynamic World

Please Submit all issues Here

Screenshots:

6388182f6fdc4acd3344e538214a4cc8.PNG
ae3ba461492f823c17c5f2c27cdd9662.PNG
CTEtPCzW4AE9mZO.jpg:large
m4PUbP6.png

HkMMiNM.png
yN3cuAK.png
85vBqf8.png
IkZfP27.png
c29ChjE.png

For help and to see other modpacks made by me go here: Website

Changelog: Here

For Updated Follow my twitter: Here
We now have an Esper net channel.

https://webchat.esper.net/

#bdpacks

Feel free to join and ask any questions. I don't bite.

Last edited:

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
There is not currently a release on curse voice, however there should be in the coming days. (I did have the beta versions on there but they are now removed)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
There is not currently a release on curse voice, however there should be in the coming days. (I did have the beta versions on there but they are now removed)
Awesome. I'm trying to stick to curse voice, so I'll try it once it's available.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, you weren't kidding on the difficulty. Lost my first world once the No Shelter invasions started.

I had towered up on some cobble in an attempt to escape the mobs. I thought I'd be clever and try to make the base of the tower out of a Tile Entity with an inventory, perhaps the mobs wouldn't break those. Unfortunately, they didn't care one bit, and quickly smashed through the floor of Tinkers' Crafting Stations. I was forced upward, panicked as I watched them destroy my one hope. At the top of the tower there was a moment of reprieve, when I saw the zombies could only slowly build up. I could easily knock them off the structures they built, I was safe. Then the first invasion platform appeared. A panicked shout "WHAT?!," and quickly I used what little cobble remained to ascend higher in hopes of escaping. Slowly but surely I disposed of the zombies rising from their platform. Just as soon as I did, another spawned at my level. Okay, I can do this. Knock them off. One by one, I can manage.

Checking the moon, it would only be two or three minutes til sunrise. I'll survive. Another platform spawns, and I ready myself to take on the incoming horde. Before I can barely begin though, a second platform spawns. Panic sets in. "TWO?!" I'm pushed back off the platforms and onto my tower. I can't take them all, there's nowhere left to go. The sun will be up soon, but not soon enough. The horizon begins to brighten, but it's too late, they're right next to me. Even if I survived, I'd no doubt be bitten multiple times. Some raw food had forced me to use my single antidote already. I can't risk it. So, as they approached my cobble tower, pushing me back toward the edge, I made the decision to take a few steps backwards. I would die as a human.
________

So the pack has made an impression on me, that's for sure. I'm on my second HC world now, and I've got a smeltery and some iron armor. I should be safe for a while, until the difficulty begins to really ramp up. On that, I'm curious. Have you tested this pack into the late game? I've only played with the Apocalypse mod in MadPack 2, and it got pretty insane there. The only way to keep up was to get super-powerful Magical Crops gear. Eventually the "Bad Moons" got so bad they would lag out the server with how many mobs they spawned. You may have it configured differently, but just in case it hasn't come up as a problem yet, it's something to think about.

I will say that the magically appearing platforms do seem a bit silly, but I guess a little bit of broken immersion is the price you have to pay to get the difficulty level you want in this pack. The Lycanites Events and WInter Gifts also feel a bit out of place in packs like this, but that's just my opinion. In any case I'm looking forward to playing more.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your story and your constructive criticism. Now to answer your questions:
-I've tested aspects of it late game
-I will look into lag and see what I can do
-I will also think about some late game items
-All ready planned to remove the winter gifts as they weren't in game when I was testing
-I'm going to keep the events

Thanks for playing the pack I hope you continue to enjoy it

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
The Pack is now on curse voice. Also work for version 1.0.1 is underway.
Keep sending in those stories,tips and bugs!

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
So, world 2 went well enough. Got some gear, got a smeltery and a tool forge, dipped into the nether (oh man that netherrack), and started some botania. Unfortunately it ended quickly and unspectacularly. As I ventured out to find more flowers and pam's foods to plant, "SpiderBro" came out of a nearby cave, and since he was substantially faster than me, there was no escaping a swift and overwhelming demise at his legs.

I grabbed a drink in mourning, and loaded up World 3. Now, although death quickly met me here again, it was at least a spectacular one. As soon as I begin to punch wood, a flaming zombie stumbles toward me. I should have taken that as a clue to leave the spawn as quickly as possible. Instead I simply dispatched of him and resumed the usual world-starting routine. Then I saw some blue mass with a big white head... curious, I investigated. Another mistake. The blue creeper had a snow block on its head, and it quickly came toward me. Feeling a little risky, I lured it around a ravine, and jumped back over just before it detonated. It left a large number of water source blocks around. How interesting, but let's get back to-- HISSSS, another creeper behind me.

It's over, I thought, but before detonating to deal damage, it gave a huge knockback effect... launching me into the ravine. Once again, I thought it was over, but I landed at the bottom of the ravine with just over 3 hearts. Hah! The game won't kill me so easily-- an Afrit shrieks nearby. There was lava in the ravine. I ran, barely digging a hole into the wall. Slowly I looped back around and built a cage around it. I *will* make this world work, I resolved. All I have to do is get back up this ravine. I'm getting hungry though. I'll make a juicer for these apples Bluedog has so kindly spawned me with. Let's grab a piece of coal from the wall as fuel. Geonach spawns. RIP World 3.

Some of it (like SpiderBro) does feel a bit unfair, but at the same time, it's nice to have a pack that I'm genuinely unsure about whether or not I can succeed in. FTB was having some slowdowns and errors when I went to update the pack earlier, so I decided to grab it on curse. I noticed it has two separate instances listed when searching for it.

I've just begun world 4. The new time system is a little strange. The time indicator at the top is often completely wrong, and sleeping sometimes takes you through half a day, or just straight into the next night. I noticed you removed the obsidian drop from the Phantoms. Shades and Grues will still drop it, though they are less frequent and less easy to kill. Geonachs also still drop iron, but that only skips the copper tier, so you might not see it as a big deal. Not sure if mob spawning is something you want to limit for players til later game, but in World 2 I grabbed a blaze spawner with a Diamond Dolly and it did feel a bit cheap for how powerful it is.

Reactions: Bluedog444

lok0143

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions on how to get a good start. I am on day 4 and still don't have a base, I just dig a whole and surround myself with cobblestone till morning. How would you recommend getting a starting base setup? Also, I know to get gravel to get some flint for tools but past that I am not sure where to proceed.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions on how to get a good start. I am on day 4 and still don't have a base, I just dig a whole and surround myself with cobblestone till morning. How would you recommend getting a starting base setup? Also, I know to get gravel to get some flint for tools but past that I am not sure where to proceed.

My suggestions would be to go up high (slime island possibly) or down very deep. For help you can press H in game and you can find out all about the tool system.
Hope this helps. Enjoy the pack!

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
At the start of this project I decided that I wanted to keep it focused around the community and what they wanted. So I would like to get feedback from you about what you like and what you don't like about the pack and also any new features that you would like to see to make the pack unique.