[1.7.10][Beta][HQM] Jovian - Custom Ores, Mob Drops, and More

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
ICkSBVp.png

The year is 2049.
To combat global desertification you were chosen to start a space colony on Jupiter's largest moon, Ganymede, however, something went terribly wrong while traveling though the asteroid belt.
Amidst the chaos you were able to reprogram the autopilot to set a course for Callisto instead.
Landing on the most heavily cratered object in the solar system was much more difficult.
You made it out alive, but your ship did not.​
You are the only inhabitant of the Jovian planetary system.
Now it is up to you to gather enough resources and try to find a way off the barren moon.
Fight custom monsters, discover new ores, and combat the poisonous Callistoan atmosphere.​

All space travel done here will be with RFtools Teleportation. Galacticraft is not in this pack.

Some EnderIO and Thermal Expansion alloys now spawn as ores:
qX0uluZ.png
Darksteel Ore can be found under the Callistoan subterranean ocean.
Ie0aliM.png
Redstone Alloy Ore occasionally spawns with Redstone ore.
E7nOY7f.png
Energetic Ore spawns in Netherrack on Io
9aSVM63.png
Soularium Ore spawns in Soul sand on Io
VMp8btE.png
Vibrant Ore spawns in obsidian stalagmites on Io and in the End
idjGNbO.gif
Pulsating ore spawns in endstone blobs on Io and in the End
bco9oEq.png
Lumium Ore spawns in glowstone patches on Io
0IeM6nL.png
Signalum Ore spawns under lava on Io
9fEO2Yh.png
Enderium Ore spawns in endstone blobs on Io and in the End

Mobs have been edited in this pack so that mobs occasionally drop logs when they die (slightly more common than potatoes/carrots). Chickens do "interesting" things in different environments. (Like drop spawn eggs) Experiment with different locations to get different spawn eggs. Other mobs also drop new items if they die in different ways. Try lighting them on fire!

Accidentally Circumstantial Events
AOBD
Applied Energistics 2
Bibliocraft
Big Reactors
Buildcraft
Chisel 2
CodeChickenCore
CoFHCore
CoFHLib
Custom Items
Dense Ores
Ender IO
Extra Carts
Extra Cells
Extra Utilities
Factorization
Fastcraft
Forestry
Funky Locomotion
Hardcore Ender Expansion
HQM
Iguana Tinkers Tweaks
InPureCore
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chest
Jabba
Lockdown
Mantle
MineFactoryReloaded
Mine Tweaker
Mob Properties
Mod Tweaker 2
NEI Integration
Nether Ores
NEI
Not Enough Resources
Open Eye
Railcraft
Redstone Arsenal
RFTools
Roguelike Dungeons
Simply Jetpacks
Special AI
Sprinkles for Vanilla
TConstruct
Thermal Dynamics
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation
Thermal Smeltery
TiCTooltips
TMechworks
Waila
Wawla
YAMPST
YetAnotherBackupMod
Pictures

Download
3rd Party Pack Code:
jovian
Version 0.6.0 (Jampacked 2 Version)
Changed:
  • Added more reward bag loot
  • Fixed Matter Teleporter's power storage

Version 0.5.0

Updated:
  • Forge to 10.13.3.1395
  • Biome Tweaker
  • Mod Tweaker
  • ACE
  • HQM
Changed:
  • Added descriptions and rewards to all quests!
  • Disabled alloy recipes
  • Added induction smelter recipes for custom ores
  • Alloy Smelter recipe for steel
  • Increased teleportation power requirements by 5x
  • Added Yellorium to the world
  • Added Big Reactors quest
  • Disabled Smeltery alloying for TE metals
  • Auto activate hardcore mode
  • Added custom Bibliocraft paintings

Version 0.4.5

Changed:
  • Added loot to the ship's destroyed engines
  • Added extra gear to the starting chest (for multiplayer)
  • A bunch of quest changes
  • Roguelike Dungeon loot replaced (only a few more items to add
  • Ender Quarry recipe to require a Shiny Gear instead of Mana Infused (so you can have both quarries before you get back to the overworld)
  • Dimension Builder requires Mana Infused Gears (so you can’t make new dimensions until you get back to the overworld)

Version 0.4.0
Added:
  • RFDrills
  • Baubles (because Ender IO seems to require it now)
  • Mobius Core
  • Opis
Updated:
  • Ender IO - 2.3.0.376_beta
  • RFtools - 2.83
  • AOBD - 2.6.0
  • Applied Energistics 2 - rv2 Stable
  • Big Reactors - 0.4.3A
  • Buildcraft - 6.4.14
  • Chisel 2 - 2.3.10.37
Changed:
  • Fixed first quest to detect new item
  • Changed Spare pick to a drill
  • Began replacing Roguelike Dungeon loot
  • Skeletons can spawn wearing a pumpkin
  • Blue Slimes drop Mega Rubber Saplings when killed on dirt
  • King Slimes very rarely drop <SECRET> if killed with a Looting 5+ weapon
  • Added 26 trophy items (monument to come later)
  • Updated RFtools Thermal Expansion recipe set
  • Pruned unused chunks (I’ll do this every few versions to keep the world size down) (Let me know if there are any chunk borders)

Version 0.3.0
Added:
  • Perfect Spawn
  • NBTEdit (by mistake)
Updated:
  • Forge - 10.13.2.1383
  • Accidentally Circumstantial Events - 1.4.1
  • NEIIntegration - 1.0.9
  • Dense Ores - 1.6.2
  • Extra Utilities - 1.2.4b
  • Tinker’s Construct - 1.8.4a
  • Iguana Tinker Tweaks - 2.1.4
  • RFtools - 2.77
Changed:
  • Pack name changed to just be "Jovian"
  • Enabled Hardcore part of HQM
  • If you die you will now go back to your spawn point, not the current dimensions spawn
  • Saplings removed from map and mob drops
  • Mobs now drop various logs
  • Blue slimes rarely spawn on Callisto
  • King Slimes very rarely spawn on Callisto
  • Dark Steel helm in start chest is now unbreakable to workaround ACE’s metadata limitations
  • Added recipe to turn a regular Dark Steel Helm into an unbreakable one incase you loose the first
  • A rare “Zombinaut” mob can spawn with a Dark Steel Helm, 50% chance of dropping it
  • Added Hardcore Ender Expansion Music Disks drops for various things if certain conditions are met; try lighting things on fire
  • Removed Villager spawn egg from chicken drops
  • Added Horse and Mooshroom spawn egg to chicken drops
  • Witches drop Cocoa Beans 5% chance
  • Spiders have a chance to spawn ‘baby’ cave spiders which then drop chicken eggs incase you get unlucky with what’s provided
  • Zombie Pigmen can spawn with a mutation
  • Reworked the beginning quest lines
Version 0.2.1
Updated to Forge 10.13.3.1372-1.7.10​

Mods Added:
Biome Tweaker​
Mods Updated:
Forge
All CoFH mods
Extra Utilities
RFtools
AE2
Extra Cells​

Changes:
Bats and Squid no longer spawn in space
A few Hardcore Ender Expansion mobs now spawn naturally
Iguana Tinkers Tweaks:
Disabled Harvest Level Tweaks
Changed Max tool level to 20
Tools will get bonuses on even number level ups
Tools will get extra modifiers on first level up and odd number levels after that​
Bunch of new quests
Quest book should no longer be in edit mode​
Recipe Changes:
Electrical Steel is now made in a Rolling Machine
Red Alloy Ore is now Conductive Iron Ore
Added recipe for ExUtils forgotten deity Soul Fragment
Removed RFtools Energy Extractor Recipe
Mana Dust recipe changed to Induction Smelter
Fixed double casting basin recipes for Big Reactor Fluids
Added Super Secret Special Killer recipe​

World Changes:
Added Factorization rotated blocks around the ship
Replaced ladders in the ship with Impulse Plates (much more fun and deadly)
Drained Reserve Power (now at ~30,000,000 RF)
Reduced amount of food given at the start (once you get chickens you'll have unlimited food anyway)
Made starter pick out of different materials​

Version 0.1.1
Removed:
GUI Lib
Mob Spawn Controls 2​

Version 0.1
Submission to 3rd Party Pack Team​
Crash when quitting and then reloading a world
Ender IO alloys nuggets can't be crafted back into ingots

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nice stuff biochao, and some rather unique ideas. Love the adaptable chickens.

Your intro is very well-written, looks professional. "A midst" is one word, however :)

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Nice stuff biochao, and some rather unique ideas. Love the adaptable chickens.

Your intro is very well-written, looks professional. "A midst" is one word, however :)
Darn it spell check, you failed me...

Mob Properties is awesome! Just being able to have chickens drop passive mob eggs when killed is great. But having them additionally drop Villager spawn eggs when killed on Emerald Blocks or Bat spawn eggs when below y=40 is awesome!
I welcome a new era of chicken experimentation! :p

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Jovian Disaster is now on the launcher for testing with the Pack Code: jovian

What I'm looking for from testing is that you are able to reach the end goal, return the overworld. To do that you must make a Matter Transmitter/Receiver and Dialing Device, travel to Io, go through the Roguelike Dungeon. At the end of the dungeon there will be an End Portal. Kill the dragon to create a portal to the overworld.
I also want to know:
  • how difficult is the Roguelike Dungeon (I'll be adding custom spawners and loot)
  • do the current quests guide you enough to get back to the overworld
  • does the required Resource Pack work for you
  • are the any ways to progression jump (are there any ways other than RFtools to teleport/return to the overworld)
  • do mobs drop a sufficient amount of custom drops
  • any bugs you encounter while testing
  • any suggestions you have

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
This looks pretty neat! Might play this when i get free time from not making my own pack! :)

edit: Just played, and the build is amazing love it! But you should know that you seem to of accidentally left the quest book in edit mode, its still playable, just something that seems like you'd like reporting back to you :)

Last edited:

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs have been edited in this pack so that Zombies and Creepers occasionally drop plants when they die (slightly more common than potatoes/carrots). Chickens do "interesting" things in different environments. (Like drop spawn eggs) Experiment with different locations to get different spawn eggs.

This is probably one of the most creative and coolest ideas for modpack features I have ever seen in my life.
Very nice!

I will defenently play this modpack straight away. I'll come with my opinions later!

EDIT: OK, so I played for a while and here is my opinion on it so far:
First of all, starting out with a stack of porkchop, 16 bread and a few meat ingots was pretty boring, as this pretty much settled your food for a very very long time. Every modpack always gets that much more interesting when you make sure food is a problem early game. One suggestion is Hunger Overhaul.

I did however like that you start out with alot of wood - I always found it annoying in modpacks like Agrarian Skies to grind for wood for so long.

Theres a few grammar mistakes, but this is of course not a big deal. It's still fun to read through the questbook.

The ship is very well made. I love it! The starter dimension is also very cool. It's a lot of fun to traverse!

Finally, theres one huge problem which need to be fixed ASAP: You start with the questbook in editor mode! This means people can do anything. Change rewards, quests, delete requirements etc.

All in all, a nice and fun refreshing modpack so far. I of course haven't gotten far into it at all, so I don't have much else to say. Nice work!

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, my pick does not upgrade the mining level... Already switched the head to a flint one, tried adding mob heads(zombie and skellie), mined enough to get 2 skill levels but the mining level does not change from stone.

I also noticed that the tooltip does not show any info about the mining level progression or boosted status. Only says mining level: stone...

Edit: just made a new one and this one has mining level... Seems the wooden pick that is in the chest might be kinda bugged...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
  • do the current quests guide you enough to get back to the overworld
  • do mobs drop a sufficient amount of custom drops
  • any bugs you encounter while testing

Still at the beginning but... your first quests need a little more details. You start like, go here, find that, kill mob X times and then you jump to give me mineral X that needs pickaxes to be leveled up, smelteries built and all kind of stuff.... Unless I am missing something, a couple more of steps, so the progression is not so steppe.

II also havent seen a custom drop from any mob, only the chickes...

Bugs... again, the bugged wodden pickaxe in the chest.

Orien

Jul 29, 2019
So far it's a great pack, the only problem is the quests at the beginning need more depth and I'm not sure how the atomosphere/ poison works, because some time I get struck randomly within the base.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So far it's a great pack, the only problem is the quests at the beginning need more depth and I'm not sure how the atomosphere/ poison works, because some time I get struck randomly within the base.
I have the feeling that poison is being given by the RFTools dimension and it seems to apply when you are below some light level number.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I have the feeling that poison is being given by the RFTools dimension and it seems to apply when you are below some light level number.
Ok, light level does not affect it afterall.... Got say that this is really annoying. No health regen, always poisoned, living with half an heart... No counter to the poison... Maybe too much?

Edit: with so much dead involved.... any kind of gravestone so we dont loose items would be very appreciated

Last edited:

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, light level does not affect it afterall.... Got say that this is really annoying. No health regen, always poisoned, living with half an heart... No counter to the poison... Maybe too much?

Edit: with so much dead involved.... any kind of gravestone so we dont loose items would be very appreciated

Ah, the gamerule was still off. I had only re-enabled it in the tCon config. I was originally intending it to be an ultra hardcore style pack but going through a Roguelike Dungeon with out health regen would not be fun.
The poison is from being in that dimension, but as long as you are within a 25 block radius of the Environmental Controller or have a Dark Helm in your inventory you shouldn't have poison at all. There will be a quest explaining this in the next update.

For some reason, my pick does not upgrade the mining level... Already switched the head to a flint one, tried adding mob heads(zombie and skellie), mined enough to get 2 skill levels but the mining level does not change from stone.

I also noticed that the tooltip does not show any info about the mining level progression or boosted status. Only says mining level: stone...

Edit: just made a new one and this one has mining level... Seems the wooden pick that is in the chest might be kinda bugged...
For the next update I've turned harvest level tweaks off. I've also replaced the pick for a bit more creatively put together one.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, the gamerule was still off. I had only re-enabled it in the tCon config. I was originally intending it to be an ultra hardcore style pack but going through a Roguelike Dungeon with out health regen would not be fun.
The poison is from being in that dimension, but as long as you are within a 25 block radius of the Environmental Controller or have a Dark Helm in your inventory you shouldn't have poison at all. There will be a quest explaining this in the next update.

For the next update I've turned harvest level tweaks off. I've also replaced the pick for a bit more creatively put together one.
I still get poisoned with the dark helm. 1 sec poison effect that comes and goes but still happens.
About the harvest levels, I actually love them. Shame they are going away. :(

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk