[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

alcan4

Jul 29, 2019
Brain in a Jar Sealing in the foulness
Research: Cognito - Exanimis - Lucrum Sensus
Required Research: Lost Research (Requires Infusion)
Recipe: [ x ]
Nature: EXP Sponge
Description:
- Throw one rotten zombie brain into a jar.
- Add some spider eyes and water.
- Stir gently with your wand while thinking dark thoughts.
If you follow the recipe exactly you should now have a partially animated and fully malicious zombie brain.
It retains some of the hunger it possessed as a zombie and while it cannot consume brains, it still enjoys eating the thoughts and experiences of those slain nearby. Giving its jar a good shake will make it surrender some of its ill-gotten gains for your own use.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Artifice CONTINUED

Salis Mundus Just a pinch
Research: (Starts off unlocked)
Required Research: (Starts off unlocked)
Recipe: (NOTE: Uses any type of shard/essence/bean)
[ x / alt ]

Nature: Alternative Enchanting
Description:
Salis Mundus, or Thaumaturge's Salt as it is more commonly known, is crafted by crushing vis crystals and mixing them with substances naturally rich in magic.
Like its mundane counterpart, Thaumaturge's salt adds flavour (metaphorically speaking) to any magical recipe or formula. It is a strong binding agent, able to hold the most disparate of magical elements together.
There are several substances that can be mixed with the crushed crystals to create Salis Mundus.

Arcane Lamp Large source of light
Research: Lux - Sensus - Tenebrae
Required Research: Nitor - Infusion

Nature: Large Light Source
Description:
This mystical lamp can be attached to walls, floors or ceilings and will provide strong and steady light.
Additional sources of light may also appear up to 16 blocks away wherever light levels fall below accepted 'safe' levels. Remember: Only YOU can prevent zombie outbreaks. These secondary sources of light will dissapear soon after the lamp has been removed.
-----​
You are sure additional uses for this lamp will present itself, so remember to check here after making discoveries.
Arcane Bore
When attached to the base of an arcane bore, the arcane lamp gains an additional ability: It will draw Lux essentia from a nearby source to light up the tunnel that the bore digs. A single point of lux creates a single point of light. These sources of light will not dissapear after the lamp has been removed.

Lamp of Growth Encouraging things to grow
Research: Herba - Lux - Victus
Required Research: Arcane Lamp
Nature: Plant Grower
Description:
Unlike the Arcane lap from which it is made, the lamp of Growth does not catch much light unless it is provided with Herba essentia. If this is done any plants which grow where its light shines the brightest will grow much faster than normal.
Essentia can be fed to the lamp either by placing a jar nearby, or attacking the lamp directly to an essentia piping system. The pipes are slightly more efficient and will make a single point of essentia last about 10% longer.

Infusion Enchantment Enchanting with Essentia
Research: Cognito - Instrumentum - Praecantatio - Telum - Tutamen
Required Research: Infusion
Recipe: (NOTE: All recipes use Salis Mundus)
[ Recipes / Essentia and Level cost ]

Nature: Alternative Enchanting
Description:
For ages now wizards and thaumaturges have been enchanting weapons, tools and armor by imbueing objects with their own life energy. While effective, the process is tedious and the results are completely unpredictable. Your discovery of infusion crafting might have uncovered a solution to both problems.
You have discovered a way to enchant objects with an infusion altar. Simply place the item you wish to enchant on the central pedestal and supply the proper ingredients and essentia.
It also requires some life essense in the form of experience, but much less than would be normally required to enchant something. This experience is drawn from anyone near the infusion altar so care should be taken.
The essentia and experience costs listed in following recipes are for the first level of enchantment. To enchant an item to higher levels, simply perform the infusion process again - it can be repeated till the required enchantment has reached it's maximum possible level. Essentia and experience cost are multiplied by the level of enchantment you are performing, so a level II enchantment costs twice as much as a level I.
Additional costs might is also required if the item already contains enchants other than the one you are currently performing. This cost is usually around 10% per level of enchantment. So enchanting a sword with Fire Aspect that already contains Smite III will cost 30% more.
Instabilit also increases as the total number of enchantments on the object increases.
Enchanting items with an infusion altar follows the normal rules for enchantment as it applies to what enchants can combine with others.

Did I get the research wrong? Check the plugin abstract below! (Courtesy of janinko)
Code:
ARTIFICE
ARCANESTONE
GRATE
TABLE
ARCTABLE
RESTABLE
THAUMOMETER
PAVETRAVEL    Aspects: TRAVEL:2, EARTH:1, FLIGHT:1    Parents: ARCANESTONE
PAVEWARD    Aspects: MOTION:2, TRAP:1, BEAST:1    Parents: ARCANESTONE
LEVITATOR    Aspects: MOTION:2, FLIGHT:1, AIR:1    Parents: NITOR
ARCANEEAR    Aspects: SENSES:2, ENERGY:1, AIR:1    Parents: GOGGLES
INFERNALFURNACE    Aspects: FIRE:2, METAL:1, CRAFT:1, AURA:1,
BELLOWS    Aspects: AIR:2, MECHANISM:1, MOTION:1    Parents: INFERNALFURNACE
GOGGLES    Aspects: SENSES:2, AURA:1    Parents: THAUMOMETER
ENCHFABRIC    Aspects: CLOTH:2, MAGIC:1,
INFUSION    Aspects: MAGIC:1, MECHANISM:1, CRAFT:2    Parents: DISTILESSENTIA
BOOTSTRAVELLER    Aspects: TRAVEL:2, EARTH:1, FLIGHT:1, WATER:1    Parents: ENCHFABRIC    INFUSION
HOVERHARNESS    Aspects: FLIGHT:2, TRAVEL:1, AIR:1, MECHANISM:1    Parents: BOOTSTRAVELLER
MIRROR    Aspects: TRAVEL:2, ELDRITCH:1, DARKNESS:1, CRYSTAL:1    Parents: INFUSION
MIRRORHAND    Aspects: TOOL:2, ELDRITCH:1, CRYSTAL:1, TRAVEL:1    Parents: MIRROR
ARCANEBORE    Aspects: MINE:2, MOTION:1, MECHANISM:1, TOOL:1    Parents: FOCUSEXCAVATION    INFUSION
ELEMENTALAXE    Aspects: TOOL:1, WATER:2, MOTION:1    Parents: THAUMIUM    INFUSION
ELEMENTALPICK    Aspects: TOOL:1, FIRE:2, SENSES:1    Parents: THAUMIUM    INFUSION
ELEMENTALSWORD    Aspects: WEAPON:1, AIR:2, ENERGY:1    Parents: THAUMIUM    INFUSION
ELEMENTALSHOVEL    Aspects: TOOL:1, EARTH:2, CRAFT:1    Parents: THAUMIUM    INFUSION
ELEMENTALHOE    Aspects: TOOL:1, LIFE:2, CROP:1    Parents: THAUMIUM    INFUSION
JARBRAIN Aspects: SENSES:1, MIND:2, UNDEAD:2 Parents: INFUSION LOST

So for Infusion Enchantment, there must be some additional prerequisite(s) for it because I got to the point where when I put Tutamen or Telum in, no research comes up even though I don't have this research yet. I definitely have infusion, so I don't know what's wrong here. I'm playing on the Direwolf20 modpack if that helps.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
So for Infusion Enchantment, there must be some additional prerequisite(s) for it because I got to the point where when I put Tutamen or Telum in, no research comes up even though I don't have this research yet. I definitely have infusion, so I don't know what's wrong here. I'm playing on the Direwolf20 modpack if that helps.

I had to research a few other items before infusion enchantment was unlocked for me as well. I wasn't paying attention to the order it unlocked, I just know it was one of the last things I was able to research. I still have a few of the TT wand focuses and advanced golem to research, but most everything is done. I actually got the osmotic enchanter before the regular infusion enchanting.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys and gals, new here. Love what you people have done :)

i had a few questions you guys and gals might be able to answer:

1. Does the Transvector Dislocator work with an air block in front of it? Like if i bind it to a block and in front of the Dislocator there is only an air block, will it swap the bound block with an air block?
2. with magic bees in thaumcraft 3 there were bees that grew a node or created flux and whatnot. How do these bees work, now that nodes have been changed?

Other then that, keep up the awesome work :)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
New, awesome addon by SpitefulFox.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2305054-164tc4-addon-forbidden-magic-v01-prerelease/

Research is coming.
Have some aspect combinations

Desidia (Sloth) = Vinculum + Spiritus
Infernus (Nether, Demons, Hellfire) = Ignis + Praecantatio
Invidia (Envy, Jealousy, Insecurity) = Sensus + Fames
Ira (Wrath, Anger, Rage) = Telum + Ignis
Luxuria (Lust, Desire, Excess) = Corpus + Fames
Superbia (Pride, Arrogance, Distain) = Volatus + Vacuos

Reactions: unknown zombie

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
New, awesome addon by SpitefulFox.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2305054-164tc4-addon-forbidden-magic-v01-prerelease/

Research is coming.
Have some aspect combinations

Desidia (Sloth) = Vinculum + Spiritus
Infernus (Nether, Demons, Hellfire) = Ignis + Praecantatio
Invidia (Envy, Jealousy, Insecurity) = Sensus + Fames
Ira (Wrath, Anger, Rage) = Telum + Ignis
Luxuria (Lust, Desire, Excess) = Corpus + Fames
Superbia (Pride, Arrogance, Distain) = Volatus + Vacuos
Do you know, is it possible to add this to FTB magic world two with no hassles?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, Twelve new notifications!

6weeJ.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1390559218][/DOUBLEPOST]
lookit op "obligatory gif"
He's dancin' to Party in the USA c: