[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything I can do about the purple taint juice that oozes out of my crucible?

build your crucible in the open, so without a roof. that way if purple taint gets generated, it'll go straight up into the sky.
if you don't want to do that... keep an angel block from Extra Utilities near you, as it's easy to break and you can destroy the taint by placing the angel block on it
other blocks also work, but the angel block is faster

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, I went back, and "bribing" him (the Pech Forager) was way faster the second time around. Also, he does take mana beans in trade, but that only gets you one item apiece, instead of the three or four you get for a piece of gold armor. Also, that coal and cobble he'd picked up did show up in the results (along with a golden apple).

Oh yeah -- in the previous session, I'd gotten 3 golden apples, and one enchanted golden apple. Woot! that last will be way handy once I actually make it to a nether fortress.
I meant that they took mana beans in order to befriend them, I used my last one getting him to trade with me, because I'm clever like that.[DOUBLEPOST=1389122883][/DOUBLEPOST]
build your crucible in the open, so without a roof. that way if purple taint gets generated, it'll go straight up into the sky.
if you don't want to do that... keep an angel block from Extra Utilities near you, as it's easy to break and you can destroy the taint by placing the angel block on it
other blocks also work, but the angel block is faster
Is it normal that my taint doesn't float? I'm worried now...

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I meant that they took mana beans in order to befriend them, I used my last one getting him to trade with me, because I'm clever like that.[DOUBLEPOST=1389122883][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is it normal that my taint doesn't float? I'm worried now...
Nah. It just means the taint creatures will come to your house at night and eat you in your sleep. Nothing to worry about.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Nah. It just means the taint creatures will come to your house at night and eat you in your sleep. Nothing to worry about.
This is on a server with some friends. We're all fucked. No wonder we get so many endermen...

But genuinely, is this meant to happen, and if so, why doesn't it float off?

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
This is on a server with some friends. We're all fucked. No wonder we get so many endermen...

But genuinely, is this meant to happen, and if so, why doesn't it float off?

Seriously, what you're seeing is properly "flux". There are two forms of flux: "Gaseous flux" that floats up to the sky (or possibly taints your ceiling blocks) and the "flux goo" that pools like a liquid. If left around, it can taint the blocks under it. In basic Thaumcraft, it can be removed only by replacing it with a block such as dirt. A water source block will also replace a flux block, but note that flowing water will cover and hide flux without actually removing it. If there's enough flux goo, you can get Thaumic Slimes, which can be fearsome if they had enough goo to absorb.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, what you're seeing is properly "flux". There are two forms of flux: "Gaseous flux" that floats up to the sky (or possibly taints your ceiling blocks) and the "flux goo" that pools like a liquid. If left around, it can taint the blocks under it. In basic Thaumcraft, it can be removed only by replacing it with a block such as dirt. A water source block will also replace a flux block, but note that flowing water will cover and hide flux without actually removing it. If there's enough flux goo, you can get Thaumic Slimes, which can be fearsome if they had enough goo to absorb.
I have yet to see flux goo actually taint my blocks. Most of the time they just form a small slime that dies fairly quickly.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
There's a slight chance that standing flux goo will create fibrous taint and turn the local biome into Tainted Land, so try not to leave the stuff sitting around.

I have yet to see flux goo actually taint my blocks. Most of the time they just form a small slime that dies fairly quickly.

It's a very small chance and, if I recall correctly, requires the lowest level puddle.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
There's a slight chance that standing flux goo will create fibrous taint and turn the local biome into Tainted Land, so try not to leave the stuff sitting around.
Hmm.. I'll remember that. Usually I have a drainoff set up that goes to a big underground cavern at y=10 or something. Never really had any problems.

intransparent

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Folks

First to say, I'm very new in "modded" Minecraft. Usually watching a lot Minecraft Let's Plays (mostly Direwolf20) and started playing some Mods a couple of Days ago, mostly because of Thaumcraft 4. So I have the FTB Launcher (with the Direwolf20 Pack) but use only a couple of mods so my PC can keep up with the lagging. I'm playing single player adventure mode with cheats enabled and with NEI.

Just encounter a big problem and after hours of googeling around I still could not found a good solution.

Today ALL my research disappeared and as well all the aspects informaion of everything (question mark is showing), as If I never had scanned and researched anything. The big Problem is, I cant scan any Item because when I use my Thaumometer it shows me still the image like I had it scanned so it does not scan it again. I cant get the aspects information of all my allready scanned items which is bad because I havent got to the infusion altar or for the use of the crucible.

I used the NBTExplorer and there it still shows my research and what I have scanned, only the aspects for the research table are changed, the 4 primal aspects.

So the old Data its still there but not loaded in my World.
Had anyone encounter similar problems and found a solution?
Don't want to cheat all my research because I haven't done 100% but also don't wanna do all of it again.
Player data reset maybe ... I'm very lost right now :/

Really dont know what to do and Playing here by myself.
Maybe someone can help me ... thanks and kisses
Intra

Attachments

• TC4research.JPG
    TC4research.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 59

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report on the cheat-sheet: The Hoe of Growth is titled "How of Growth", which further prevents searching for it.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I used the NBTExplorer and there it still shows my research and what I have scanned, only the aspects for the research table are changed, the 4 primal aspects.

I would take all of your stuff and place it in a chest. Then exit the game and rename your player.dat file. If that fixes your scanning issue, you have two choices continue with the new player file or try to figure out what is wrong with the old one.

intransparent

Jul 29, 2019
I would take all of your stuff and place it in a chest. Then exit the game and rename your player.dat file. If that fixes your scanning issue, you have two choices continue with the new player file or try to figure out what is wrong with the old one.

Thanks fr the tip. It kind of worked.
"delete" my player.dat but then it just created a new one, still with the bug. Had to delete over NBTExplorer the TC Forge Data aswell. So now I can scan the Items again and again and again.
Would like to save all my research in any way ... but dont think it will be possible in any way