[1.6.4] [Public Pack] Magic Farm : Adventures in Technology {Tech} {RPG}

Discussion in 'Public Packs' started by Jadedcat, Jun 6, 2013.

1. wendictive

wendictive Member

2. goreae

goreae Forum Addict

magicfarm/config/BiomesOPlenty.cfg. Simply enable any biomes you want by changing false to true.

You could also delete that file and hope that it doesn't cause an ID conflict.

3. wendictive

wendictive Member

hey swish.. i can help you with that

\MagicFarm\minecraft\config

in the biomes o plenty config file yuo should see this..... (below code)

put true instead of false to generate biome.... alltho be aware that there can be ID conflicst when doin so (Backup the config file so you can go back to the old one)
    hope that helped

Code:
    ####################
    # biomes to generate
    ####################

"biomes to generate" {
        B:Alps=false
        B:Arctic=false
        B:Badlands=false
        B:BambooForest=false
        B:Bayou=false
        B:BirchForest=false
        B:Bog=false
        B:BorealForest=true
        B:Brushland=false
        B:Canyon=false
        B:Chaparral=false
        B:CherryBlossomGrove=true
        B:ConiferousForest=false
        B:ConiferousForestSnow=false
        B:Crag=false
        B:DeadForest=false
        B:DeadForestSnow=false
        B:DeadSwamp=false
        B:Deadlands=false
        B:DeciduousForest=false
        B:Dunes=false
        B:Fen=false
        B:Field=false
        B:FrostForest=false
        B:FungiForest=true
        B:Garden=false
        B:Glacier=false
        B:Grassland=false
        B:Grove=false
        B:Heathland=true
        B:Highland=false
        B:HotSprings=true
        B:IcyHills=false
        B:JadeCliffs=true
        B:LushDesert=false
        B:LushSwamp=false
        B:Mangrove=false
        B:MapleWoods=false
        B:Marsh=false
        B:Meadow=true
        B:Mesa=false
        B:Moor=false
        B:Mountain=false
        B:MysticGrove=true
        B:Oasis=false
        B:OminousWoods=true
        B:Orchard=true
        B:OriginValley=false
        B:Outback=false
        B:Pasture=false
        B:Polar=false
        B:Prairie=false
        B:Quagmire=false
        B:Rainforest=false
        B:RedwoodForest=false
        B:SacredSprings=true
        B:Savanna=false
        B:Scrubland=false
        B:SeasonalForest=false
        B:Shield=true
        B:Shrubland=false
        B:SpruceWoods=false
        B:Steppe=false
        B:Swampwoods=false
        B:TemperateRainforest=false
        B:Thicket=false
        B:Timber=false
        B:TropicalRainforest=false
        B:Tropics=false
        B:Tundra=false
        B:Volcano=true
        B:Wasteland=false
        B:Wetland=false
        B:Woodland=true

4. Swishrock

Swishrock New Member

When I try to open the config file none of my standard opening (read/write) programs will open it. Are there any you can recommend?

5. wendictive

wendictive Member

TaintedHorizon likes this.
  6. penguin055

penguin055 Member

Mine keeps saying Minecraft ran out of memory but I don't think I have enough RAM to spare :(
    And I really liked this modpack too...

7. MichaelPlaysMC

MichaelPlaysMC New Member

Thank you friend, much appreciated!

8. wendictive

wendictive Member

hey peng try this

open ur ftb launcher - go under options - choose advanced options (long butten) copy paste this in "Additional Java Parameters:

-XX:MaxPermSize=128M

might help some

9. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

While I'm thinking about it: In your next version, if you intend on making it really hardmode, you might wanna make Survivalist Pickaxe uncraftable. It kinda lets you skip the anvil part of minefantasy for bronze tools, letting you get to better tools a little faster.

10. Menoch

Menoch New Member

Indeed! And when you nerf Quartz, it would be my humble opinion that maybe you could nerf Redstone as well? If you can only harvest Redstone with Steel, that would make it so peeps have to at least climb the Minefantasy Tier to get to steel before they can start making pulverizers to get their materials the easy way. Since Pam's HarvestCraft, Minefantasy and Forestry seem to be the focal point of this mod, it might make sense to go that route... maybe...

11. Kell Wintern

Kell Wintern New Member

I can't seem to forge the forged iron pick on my iron anvil using iron hammer. Can anyone confirm that?

12. Jadedcat

Jadedcat Global Moderator and Modpack Creator Team Member Global Moderator FTB Pack Developer FTB Modpack Team

Might be the lan thing. Might not. I have had a few people say it eats memory, but I haven't been able to duplicate it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 24, 2013 ---

Report this at the minefantasy forum thread and maybe he can fix that.

Plants require sunlight to grow, this means they do not grow when its nighttime. And they do take a bit longer.

fixed in a coming update :p

13. Jadedcat

Jadedcat Global Moderator and Modpack Creator Team Member Global Moderator FTB Pack Developer FTB Modpack Team

I don't provide an SMP version or SMP support. Many things can go wrong in the installation on a serverand they are often next to impossible to track down and pinpoint.

lots of things will be changing in the update.

14. Jadedcat

For people having memory issues try what Wendictive said. You can also try removing Biomes of plenty as special biomes often hog memory

I will not pick a minimap mod. The community is too split on which one they like. And as there are no conflicts with either I will provide tech support for packs that add either mini map mod. I just prefer to let people pick which one they want to use.

15. Jadedcat

I have added the bug reporting locations for the 4 mods the currently have been the cause of the majority of posted bugs to the first post. If other mods start creeping in I will add those. The other locations can still be found in the spreadsheet linked in post 1.

16. Brilliance

Brilliance Member

Unable to confirm, it works just fine for me. Minefantasy has a broad random range though, sometimes it seems like the crafting takes quite a long time. Like washing leather, which I've found can take anywhere from 1 attempt to 20-ish.

Unless you took a short cut I take it you're familiar with the smithing system, but just in case - The mod author says you should be banging the anvil at approximately 1 second intervals, and absolutely not just spam left click. I haven't done a whole lot of smithing yet, but it feels a bit like it may take a lot longer or even never finish if you hit it too rapidly.

17. Jadedcat

DO not post server IP's in this thread. Start a thread in the server section and follow those rules.

18. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Well, quartz by itself wouldn't be an issue if the Grinder had a more expensive recipe.. The quartz tools still need you to go thru the bloom/anvil thing. I have 0 MineFantasy stuff set up and I have a pulv/furnace setup already. 3 dusts and you're golden.

19. fatbasementdweller

fatbasementdweller New Member

I tried this pack out thinking I'd hate it because it didn't have most of the tech mods then ended up playing it for about four hours straight. I made this account just to say nice work on this, Jaded!

And while I'm at it, for those having lag, disconnect issues trying to make this multi-player, as someone noted, if you have more than enough RAM and still having problems, you need to start up your *server and client* with the java option -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

Using that option I am able to run an Ultimate server on something with 4GB of RAM with an over six year old CPU that had the same issues before. Good luck!

20. Sushix

Sushix New Member

Not sure if you would like to know or not, but I have started a Youtube series on your modpack. I really like it so far, good job.