1.6.2 Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
Which however would mean the end for minecraft.
Yes and no. Take a look at heavily modded games like Morrowind or Neverwinter Nights. Both still have active communities surrounding them years after their respective companies ceased all support. Though that said both are nowhere near the level of activity that they had during their peak.

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah just wait a while it will be out. Also for you wanting to update your worlds you might be able to get mIDas to work. I never have but I didn't care that much to.

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
I found this link in another thread;

http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.6.1.html

and I dont have the link here but there is a website tracking mods since 1.4
it looks like the Mod Developers are working on updates, and may be holding back for a "stable 1.6" or "stable Forge for 1.6"

in any case if you want to do the leg work you can start to cobble together a 1.6 flavor version, but you'll have big holes in it (and that will break ID compatibility)
this will change in time - a few more weeks and i expect most of the small mods to be running, and then we wait for people who have lives to come back :p

Xedearnal

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't take long to get far in FTB, even with GregTech. Just redo everything. It's a video game, quit being a brat.

No. It isn't exactly fun to play minecraft without being able to keep progress. Again, once 1.6.2 FTB is out then I simply wont update again. But 1.6.2 has name tags. I cant play minecraft until 1.6.2 FTB comes out. I'm fine with waiting but I would prefer if the developers wouldn't be so silent about what they're plans are and what they're ETA is. Even if the ETA is way off it would be nice to know that they are still doing stuff. For all we know they have abandoned FTB.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
No. It isn't exactly fun to play minecraft without being able to keep progress. Again, once 1.6.2 FTB is out then I simply wont update again. But 1.6.2 has name tags. I cant play minecraft until 1.6.2 FTB comes out. I'm fine with waiting but I would prefer if the developers wouldn't be so silent about what they're plans are and what they're ETA is. Even if the ETA is way off it would be nice to know that they are still doing stuff. For all we know they have abandoned FTB.

Do you understand how long it takes to write a mod? FTB isn't being ditched. And for all you know, Minecraft 1.7 is gonna be the best thing ever. Why can't you just be patient like everyone else? Also, what's so great about name tags?

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
For all we know they have abandoned FTB.

....? You know FTB is just a collection of mods, right? Its not a platform for developers. FTB needs THEIR permission. There is no 'abandoning FTB', they arnt affiliated. They are not paid for this like some job, they are taking their own free time to do it, so kindly take your entitlement and shove it. Aside from that, if you want upgrades to be easier, complain to Mojang and their piss-poor handling of mods and API in the first place forcing every mod author to jump through hoops almost every update.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if you can't wait for 1.6 FTB, just make your own goddamn 1.6 modpack. For Christs Sake, quit taking the good thing you have for granted. Now that you've got me all riled up I need to go mining. Good day.

Reactions: Aetherr_

Xedearnal

Jul 29, 2019
Do you understand how long it takes to write a mod? FTB isn't being ditched. And for all you know, Minecraft 1.7 is gonna be the best thing ever. Why can't you just be patient like everyone else? Also, what's so great about name tags?

I don't care if 1.7 has dragons, dogs, tigers, lions, bears, 10 new dimensions and fixes every bug ever and removes all lag regardless of settings, i'm not updating to 1.7, unless by some miracle they don't screw everything up with their damn IDMAPS. Name tags (or something like them) is something I have wanted for a LONG time and pretty much gives me everything on my minecraft wish-list. They prevent mobs from despawning so you can have, say, a pet spider. They allow you to give you're pets names which is absurdly useful. I have always wanted to name my dogs and cats and have always wanted a pet spider. Also, carpets are great for decorating. 1.6.2 also fixes a ton of bugs which is useful. Horses are fun too though to be honest, I could just install a horse mod or mo'creatures.

I'm not being a brat. If I was a brat then I would just be mad that it wasn't out right now and flame the developers. I'm simply saying that they should be better about not telling they're fans anything. Its kinda a dick move.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care if 1.7 has dragons, dogs, tigers, lions, bears, 10 new dimensions and fixes every bug ever and removes all lag regardless of settings, i'm not updating to 1.7, unless by some miracle they don't screw everything up with their damn IDMAPS. Name tags (or something like them) is something I have wanted for a LONG time and pretty much gives me everything on my minecraft wish-list. They prevent mobs from despawning so you can have, say, a pet spider. They allow you to give you're pets names which is absurdly useful. I have always wanted to name my dogs and cats and have always wanted a pet spider. Also, carpets are great for decorating. 1.6.2 also fixes a ton of bugs which is useful. Horses are fun too though to be honest, I could just install a horse mod or mo'creatures.

I'm not being a brat. If I was a brat then I would just be mad that it wasn't out right now and flame the developers. I'm simply saying that they should be better about not telling they're fans anything. Its kinda a dick move.

You do realize that you can change IDs yourself, right?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I think its just a matter of copying the 1.5.2 config ids to the 1.6.2 configs.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft updates are irrelevant.

What is not irrelevant is the fact that mods advance with the version of minecraft, and the new and better things they add only come for the new minecraft.

Example:
I dont want a horse, nor name tags nor coal blocks. I want tinkers constructs and liquid glowstone. Thats why I had to switch from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2 (currently unstable)

I dont want vanilla UHC mode, and whatever else comes with 1.6, i want the updated stuff that comes with the MODS that go on 1.6.

After all, we are all playing modded, not vanilla MC :)

Reactions: INCSlayer

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think its unfair to expect 1.6 questions, a lot of people are waiting (patiently) for some news, checking mod lists and so on. But any news would be welcomed, the problem at the moment is we are in that limbo stage where we know map resets are coming and as such many player numbers are down on servers. Of course no-one can magically make all mods compatible but perhaps some news about what mods are intended for the ultimate pack 1.6.X with a possible ID map would be nice, once we have that kind of information we can start building our new servers before the mod pack comes out and be ready to import our new worlds for it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft updates are irrelevant.

Example:
I dont want a horse, nor name tags nor coal blocks.

I dont want vanilla UHC mode, and whatever else comes with 1.6, i want the updated stuff that comes with the MODS that go on 1.6.

After all, we are all playing modded, not vanilla MC :)
UHC mode: Originally a mod
Horses: From a mod. Integrated into vanilla with help from he mod dev.
Coal blocks: originally in a mod
Enderchests: From a mod
Hoppers: from a mod
Etc.... LOL

Reactions: fergcraft