[1.5.2] Thaumic Tinkerer V1.0.8 Research Cheat Sheet

tukuiPat

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Thaumostatic Magnetizer: Machina, Purus, Corpus, Potentia, Metallum, Motus, Cognitio, Carus
Required Research: Thaumostatic Magnetizer
Nature: Mechanism
Description: (missing as this was done by a friend)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note

Thank you to all who have provided information - I honestly can't thank you enough for making my life easier and each bit of information no matter how small is appreciated as much as the largest piece.
Your information will of course be shared on the front page and you'll be creditted as appropriate, however please don't be surprised if your information is tweaked or even changed to fit the layout.
Further more, even if there's pieces missing from the research that you need, it's because I haven't gotten around to looking it up yet because I'm just lazy I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I will though.

Thanks again, y'all. Continue to give information - I'll be continuing research now.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you for your contribution, you'll be creditted for it in the front page, however I'm unsure how to credit your friend.
Right now my current idea is just to say "tukuiPat and his friend", however if you have a screen name for him I'll happily put that up instead of "his friend."
If I don't hear anything from you, I'll just assume it's fine as it is.

Thanks again~.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Transvector Interface: Permutatio, Alienis, Machina, Praecantatio

First off, thank you for your contribution. As always it's much appreciated.
Just an FYI however, you made a mistake with the aspects in your research. The T.I. uses Permutatio, Alienis, Machina and Potentia.
It occurs to me it might have been Praecantatio in a previous iteration of the mod, in which case I apologize for correcting you.

Thanks again~.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so, as far as I'm aware, this thread is all updated up to the latest TT mod itteration.
If I've missed anything out, don't hesitate to yell at me to get the research done.
This also goes for if anything has changed over the new iterations regarding existing research/recipes/etc. Just yell at me to get it changed and I will.

I've also updated the credit post to list contributers. Thanks again, you lovely, lovely people.

Also, taking the opportunity to plug haighyorkie's youtube channel regarding his look into Thaumcraft 3 and Thaumic Tinkerer.
He does such an awesome and comprehensive guide to the mods and he really doesn't get enough attention for them and he also does some other pretty awesome guides for different mods.
I honestly don't think I could have done as good a job as I'd like to think I have without it. So go check it out.

Reactions: RedBoss

Bobinskee

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick thank you this helped me out so much and am happy to know my information was used :D

Bobinskee

Jul 29, 2019
Also not sure if you know this as its not noted, but Aer can be found in rainwater and also collected from pure bees as crystalized aer aspect, I'm pretty sure they make this if its raining.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Also not sure if you know this as its not noted, but Aer can be found in rainwater and also collected from pure bees as crystalized aer aspect, I'm pretty sure they make this if its raining.

I did know that rainwater bottles could be collected for Aer and it's one of the research bits I have on the OP, but I'll put your Pure Bee information in the Mod Tips post. Cheers.

Mimsy

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumostatic Harness: Aura, Tutamen, Volito, Potentia
Required Research: Theory of Everything
Nature: Equipment
Description: You have finally managed to unlock the secret of flight. You have created a harness that anchors itself to the Thaumic Field using thaumostatic energy allowing you to defy gravity. You think quantum's and quarks might also be involved somehow.

Unusually the only vis required to power this harness is added during its creation process. Instead the fuel it requires for flight is raw Potentia. Simply right click while holding the harness to insert filled jars.

Double-tapping space while wearing the harness activates it. While active the harness will constantly use Potentia.

It can be enchanted with the Haste enchant to increase the speed at which you move while flying.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
The harness is a Thaumcraft 3 item and isn't added by Tinkerer. I previously added details about the item at the top of the OP.
You can distinguish between TC3 and TT items in the thaumonomicon as Tinkerer added items have a [TT] tag before their name. This too is also mentioned in the OP.

Thanks anyway~.

Mimsy

Jul 29, 2019
The harness is a Thaumcraft 3 item and isn't added by Tinkerer. I previously added details about the item at the top of the OP.
You can distinguish between TC3 and TT items in the thaumonomicon as Tinkerer added items have a [TT] tag before their name. This too is also mentioned in the OP.

Thanks anyway~.

Ack, sorry ^^;; I was in a research blitz and noticed I couldn't find it on the guide nor the wiki... Wiki updates, amiright? XP It's gonna take millions of years for someone to post on there...

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Ack, sorry ^^;; I was in a research blitz and noticed I couldn't find it on the guide nor the wiki... Wiki updates, amiright? XP It's gonna take millions of years for someone to post on there...

Ikr? They got the bloody movement pavements in there but not the harness... Mad.
Anywho, I put a thamcraft wikia link in the OP for the harness should you need it~.

TeamDman

Jul 7, 2013
Thanks for the list! I will definitely be using it in my researching adventures later on.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using this page then you probably won't feel too bad about using these pages either;
Use this page to distinguish Aspects listed for Research.
Use this page for a cheat sheet to Vanilla Thaumcraft 3 research as well as the Forestry/TC3 lovechild of Thaumic Bees.
Bare in mind that the Research by Aspect page does not as (of 07/08/13) list the research for the Thaumostatic Harness which is Imperito, Tutamen, Motus, Potentia, Aura and Volito which is unlocked after The Theory of Everything. You can find more information about it here.
Ummm, wow what a blast from the past, why are you using the old wiki?
You know they moved to their own site away from Wikia, right?

http://ftbwiki.org/List_of_Aspects
http://ftbwiki.org/Research_by_Aspect

All of the admins left that old wiki, there is barely anyone still there and most of them are spammers and trolls.

They originally ran a program that systematically deleted every article in that old wiki and linked people to the new one but then Wikia staff stepped in, permabanned any and everyone who looked like they were involved, and then reverted each page one by one manually... lol, apparently they don't have coders on their team? Weird.
Anyways how would you feel if I added your descriptions and info to that wiki? I mean you can do it yourself if you want the edits on your account, idc I just want the wiki to be updated.

Aer is an unused aspect added by the Vanilla Thaumcraft 3 Mod.
Woah what? I heard a while back that aspects were getting removed but never noticed the removal of Aer... why wasn't Sonus removed too? I mean sure it is in the Theory of Everything but isn't there NOTHING else that uses it for anything whatsoever?
I expected way more than just one aspect to be removed when the possible removal of aspects was talked about.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm, wow what a blast from the past, why are you using the old wiki?
You know they moved to their own site away from Wikia, right?

Actually no, I had no idea this was the case. I used it because google seemed to like it the best and quite honestly it usually gave me the advice I needed, so I never noticed anything wrong, however I'll keep this in mind.

All of the admins left that old wiki, there is barely anyone still there and most of them are spammers and trolls.They originally ran a program that systematically deleted every article in that old wiki and linked people to the new one but then Wikia staff stepped in, permabanned any and everyone who looked like they were involved, and then reverted each page one by one manually... lol, apparently they don't have coders on their team? Weird.

Weird. Kinda sad and demoralizing, but weird.

Anyways how would you feel if I added your descriptions and info to that wiki? I mean you can do it yourself if you want the edits on your account, idc I just want the wiki to be updated.

Go for it. Quite frankly I'm not concerned if someone makes their own guide, a better guide, or uses what information I and the contributors to the thread've gathered to fill out the wiki. If I were to say no, then people might either just do it anyway or they'll eventually end up researching and fill it out without my assistance. Either way the wiki will have the information, regardless if I allow it or not, so for the sake of progression, by all means go right ahead. IF you really need it, I give you permission to use this thread and it's information for the sake of the wikia's, so long as it's going to help other people.
However, I won't be doing it myself, my life at this current moment in time is far too busy to be rewriting guides and wikia pages. You do it, if you want to.

Oh and, I don't know if this is done in the wikia regardless, but I don't care much for credit in this circumstance, so don't worry about that.

Woah what? I heard a while back that aspects were getting removed but never noticed the removal of Aer... why wasn't Sonus removed too? I mean sure it is in the Theory of Everything but isn't there NOTHING else that uses it for anything whatsoever?
I expected way more than just one aspect to be removed when the possible removal of aspects was talked about.
Nothing was "removed", Aer was simply an implemented aspect that wasn't used in any part of the research or recipes until this addon (currently) nor can you really obtain that aspect by any easy means other than making Aer wisps spawn (Which can be done by f*cking with the node with a mystical construct). It's still there, same as Sonus which actually is used for a recipe for the Arcane Ear, which if you don't know is a sort of wireless redstone receiver that listens for a key from a noteblock and emits a redstone pulse upon hearing it.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Upon reflection of that post, I'm going to be changing the links as appropriate.
I've also made a statement about information inclusion to the wiki. Again, go for it.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Actually no, I had no idea this was the case. I used it because google seemed to like it the best and quite honestly it usually gave me the advice I needed, so I never noticed anything wrong, however I'll keep this in mind.
Yeah that is because wikia.com gets SO MANY visitors (all Wikia sites are connected) that they get top billing on Google.

Weird. Kinda sad and demoralizing, but weird.
Guess they don't get money if their sites get moved, they had TONS of visitors to that site every day too.

Go for it. Quite frankly I'm not concerned if someone makes their own guide, a better guide, or uses what information I and the contributors to the thread've gathered to fill out the wiki. If I were to say no, then people might either just do it anyway or they'll eventually end up researching and fill it out without my assistance. Either way the wiki will have the information, regardless if I allow it or not, so for the sake of progression, by all means go right ahead. IF you really need it, I give you permission to use this thread and it's information for the sake of the wikia's, so long as it's going to help other people.
However, I won't be doing it myself, my life at this current moment in time is far too busy to be rewriting guides and wikia pages. You do it, if you want to.

Oh and, I don't know if this is done in the wikia regardless, but I don't care much for credit in this circumstance, so don't worry about that.
lol mine is too busy too, especially since I am trying to make a ThaumCraft compatibility mod with Millenaire, but I do like to see FTBWiki updated.

Nothing was "removed", Aer was simply an implemented aspect that wasn't used in any part of the research or recipes until this addon (currently) nor can you really obtain that aspect by any easy means other than making Aer wisps spawn (Which can be done by f*cking with the node with a mystical construct). It's still there, same as Sonus which actually is used for a recipe for the Arcane Ear, which if you don't know is a sort of wireless redstone receiver that listens for a key from a noteblock and emits a redstone pulse upon hearing it.
Ah, must still be thinking about it then.
Arcane Ear is kinda... meh...
I would not be surprised to see those two gone.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, must still be thinking about it then.
Arcane Ear is kinda... meh...
I would not be surprised to see those two gone.

Doubtful. The arcane ear paired with a note block can act as close-range wireless redstone, something that's been lacking recently. It also allows for instant-wire, if used correctly.