1.2.5 Not Even The TARDIS Goes Back This Far

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Previously on ScottulusMaximus...
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-5-2-the-box-the-powah-and-the-tree-house.49934/

PROUDLY BROUGHT TO YOU BY BACHELOR CHOW
Now With Flavour
Disclaimer: I do not claim any of these designs/builds as my own, a lot are, some aren't but I can't remember where I got them from... Enjoy

So with all this Microsoft drama I realised I still had my 1.2.5 instance backed up;) They can't take MC from me!!!!! Oh the glory of 30sec load times and 60FPS in my main base;)

This was my 3rd ever world, was great flying around it and remembering "the good old days"
Starter Village

iybbuEl.jpg

Says it on the tin, tried as best I could to return it to as natural looking state as possible, long building was my processing room before moving and obviously the major feature is the BC tanks, under there is my power gen accessed through a secret elevator in the floor of that house in front of the wheat field.

Main Processing

wd8PAyo.jpg

Here's where I eventually ended up once my village base got too small, a glass box in a quarry hole... Imaginative as all hell I know but give me a break I was about 6 in MC years;)

Autocrafting

UbXcO5vl.jpg

Complete with a redpower bucket filler;) Back left is item input to the base through TP pipes and a Thaumcraft ender chest thing that was needed to handle the amount of items come from my frame quarry, yes a mother flipping FRAME QUARRY...

Storage

x3Vfu56l.jpg

No barrels, no AE, just Diamond chests, like it should be..

Crafting Room

AfudSyBl.png

A supplier pipe, a request pipe and a project table, back then u may as well have been God once you had that.

IC2 Processing

7WKtmzIl.jpg

@King Lemming, who the hells that? With advanced machines there was nothing you couldn't process!!!

DPIzkBCl.jpg

Recycler setup and mass fab, no overclockers but nevermind that's what EE2 was for if they weren't fast enough!!!

Power Input

56BcI0zl.png

Yes that's an MFSU cart from Steve's Carts running through a Portal Gun portal using Wireless Redstone CBE to trigger the portals, just like good ol' @Direwolf20... SEE working out shyte like that makes MC fun!!!!!

EE2

sl7LhIyl.jpg

Condenser and Alchemical Chest to deal with excess waste, you can see under the floor where a frame system drops the antimatter relay and energy collector to allow access to change production target.

Power Generation
Secret Elevator

nH6BMGPl.jpg

bTOc2jEl.png

AHS62SFl.png

The aformentioned secret frame elevator, hidden in the floor of the house, it drops down into the power setup

Fuel Production

S5Q3QUil.jpg

The bottom of those BC tanks from earlier, in the back you can see where my breeders were(thank fuck for the water explosion resistance bug) behind my reinforced frame hangar doors.

Fuel Usage

cKPrmrzl.jpg

My famous cross design's genesis as seen in my other worlds, a royal PITA with combustion engines needing water, fuel, redstone and an output;)

Lava Power

bbUVpXjl.jpg

IC2 Magma Generators being fed by lava cells made by an EE2 solar flower above(OP pffffft, watcha talkin bout @pahimar )

Nuke

7AdYCbyl.jpg

A bucket fed CASUC Reactor(bucket filling in the hole in the floor) with manual, temp, fuel and storage full shutoff.

iDi7KAKl.jpg

Blast resistant, frame hangar doors in the process of closing, nuke through the doors to the right

Hiding in Plain Sight

7Loh6j1l.jpg

An HV Solar Array hidden in a tree made from Redpower Microblocks, under that little hill is the EE2 solar flower(glowstone on top of collectors) making lava cells for the Magma Generators...

Storage Room

wk9awVyl.jpg

MFSU's that will shut off(using complicated as fuck redstone) their corresponding power unit(fuel, lava, nuke, solar) when full, will completely empty and then charge again, lights on the floor indicate which are charging.

Power Distribution

aeIBulkl.png

The other side of the cart+portal transportation solution, the variable electric engine I used to power 16 Quarries to create a really big hole for my mob spawner...

To Be Continued...

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Continued Immediately

Naturally...

uZH5hKF.jpg

My first treehouse, auw cute Scotty(that's what you say)... Bees on the left and one of each of the Forestry farms to make @Sengir proud...

wspb8w5l.jpg

Another view, yes that's a Redpower wool farm for all the colours... I needed it for cables for my mother flipping FRAME QUARRY...

Inside The Tree

ei4QVcEl.jpg

I honestly can't remember how the bee stuff in the back worked but on the right there's bio fuel production with a texture glitch if you care...

The Mob Spawner

gnKPyvQ.jpg

Located in the center of a 256x256 hole, 16x16 of which was dug out by "hand" with a red matter tool and the rest by BC quarries(see that's why I needed excess waste disposal). Mobs killed by the "Laser Mod" and Redpower timers...

oNaQL1ul.png

The Mother Flipping FRAME QUARRY!!!!

Qhs1NNK.jpg

Nuff said...

Scotty out;)

That was fun, comments questions etc always welcome!!!!

Last edited:

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Good times in 1.2.5, that's when I started playing vanilla as a noob :p I was probably on a server somewhere trying to figure out how to stop people from griefing my base.
I don't think I came across Feed The Beast until the 1.5.2 era.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
FUCK YEAH!

That's what I was going for!!!

Oooo fancy

Opening it up suprised me how much I actually managed to accomplish, no MegaBuilds just a few(I think) very clever little ones...

Thanks, blush...

Good times in 1.2.5, that's when I started playing vanilla as a noob :p I was probably on a server somewhere trying to figure out how to stop people from griefing my base.
I don't think I came across Feed The Beast until the 1.5.2 era

Haha this was me as a noob, 3rd ever world!!! First one I was vanilla for about a week then second one was BC and IC2 until I crashed it with an ice fed reactor who's overflow just spilled cos I didn't know that was bad;) Waaaaaaay before FTB tho, I didn't even have Forge in this world!!!

Good lord. This actually tempts me to bring out my old 1.5 Unleashed world...along with the 120-odd video recordings I made of it

Do it, do it, do it!!! I'm predicting a wave of nostalgia sweeping MC coming with all this drama, people remember simpler times(even though those times were probably worse)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I used FTB when the launcher was in beta... never knew about it when the FTB map originally came out D:

Yeah to most(including myself) FTB is a launcher, not the old map...

And I must say WOW to over 1000 views on this thread, ppl do like their 1.2.5, my 1.5 world has a measly 600 views in over twice the time

ruyan

Jul 29, 2019
Gnihihi, all the Sphax stuff me and Amon did back in the days! Good to see some of it again, cheers!

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
More like because you mention the tardis.

Yeah I'm realising that, over 2000 views now... Listen here viewers, see my sig, yeah go look at those too.[DOUBLEPOST=1410943290][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gnihihi, all the Sphax stuff me and Amon did back in the days! Good to see some of it again, cheers!

You are very welcome, thanks to you for all the work, none of it possible without good peeps such as yourself.[DOUBLEPOST=1414512843,1410943238][/DOUBLEPOST]@mDiyo, my first long term world... Rest are in the sig. Tech mods may be missing your point but certainly not mine.[DOUBLEPOST=1414581856][/DOUBLEPOST]New 1.6.4 world!!!!!

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-my-ivory-tower.53742/

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm realising that, over 2000 views now... Listen here viewers, see my sig, yeah go look at those too.[DOUBLEPOST=1410943290][/DOUBLEPOST]

You are very welcome, thanks to you for all the work, none of it possible without good peeps such as yourself.[DOUBLEPOST=1414512843,1410943238][/DOUBLEPOST]@mDiyo, my first long term world... Rest are in the sig. Tech mods may be missing your point but certainly not mine.[DOUBLEPOST=1414581856][/DOUBLEPOST]New 1.6.4 world!!!!!

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-my-ivory-tower.53742/
Aren't you ever going to do a 1.7.10? :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That's a surprisingly cool place. I'm curious about the frame quarry though. I see it's a 16x16 hole punch design, but how does it move?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Frame motors under the carriage.

It's the same as Direwolf's 1.2.5 design with a few modifications. Mainly cos my wireless redstone didn't work on the boom to tell it to dig so had to add the whole setup to break and replace the structure cable running down into the hole.

This was before frubes so the head is a double line of breakers in a step(so you can connect a redstone tube and a frame) that moves bottom left to top right(of the picture), then down a layer and back across then repeats.

Once it reaches bedrock the head is retracted all the way up and the whole platform moves, was programmed to do 3 holes across and then move forward.

Massively faster than a BC quarry of the time, ridiculously slow these days. But probably my proudest build.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah, very cool. I didn't play with RP until we had frubes, so I never knew about that design. My first experience was Doc Redstone's 25x25 punch vs a BC Quarry. I eventually went on to build a 'knife' that cut a seven thousand block swath in about a week.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Frubes made things about 1000x easier, you then could make a square that just went straight down. I remember having a discussion with a friend and working out a 1.2.5 frame quarry was an impossibility, Dire proved us wrong but even with his vid it took me about 3 weeks to build the thing;)

My 1.4.6 world actually has a frame/mining well combo quarry that could give most other auto mining systems out there a run for their money, even these days

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I think I'll have to check out that particular Dire Quarry then. I never really liked the idea of punching huge holes in the world, even a Mystcraft one, so I made the knife that would mine a single block wide and could then go basically forever. That would expose all the caves and mine shafts for me to explore and provide a steady stream of cobble and other fun things. Of course that was shortly after I figured out about DSU's and so I didn't have to worry about storing them all. I'd love to see a video of your quarry in action though.