GREGTECH NEI RECIPE LOOK UP SOUND FIX (1.6.4)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I made 3 audio files that will make most of the sound go away when you look something up in nei while having gregtech installed in 1.6.4. here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/?u78iiw9z52y5a9w put the anvil sounds in your C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\assets\sound\random and put the other one in the gregtech zip the path is gregtechmod.zip\assets\ic2\sound\tools There is still a sound that I am trying to find I would love some help but for the people that wanted to play in 1.6.X with gregtech and got the anoying sound in nei here it is. If you need any help please feel free to ask

Here Is the link again http://www.mediafire.com/?u78iiw9z52y5a9w
Have a good Day:)

Mashy14

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I made 3 audio files that will make most of the sound go away when you look something up in nei while having gregtech installed in 1.6.4. here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/?u78iiw9z52y5a9w put the anvil sounds in your C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\assets\sound\random and put the other one in the gregtech zip the path is gregtechmod.zip\assets\ic2\sound\tools There is still a sound that I am trying to find I would love some help but for the people that wanted to play in 1.6.X with gregtech and got the anoying sound in nei here it is. If you need any help please feel free to ask

What is the issue with gregtech and NEI in 1.6.#?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
What is the issue with gregtech and NEI in 1.6.#?
He trolls you by making the annoying anvil sound if you dare look up recipes. IIRC it either makes the sound when you look something up, or when you click through recipes. It's a truly horrible thing to do to players. With the changes he's made in 1.6, you LIVE in NEI if you use his mod.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Does Greg ENJOY killing his own mod?

Shame. GregTech actually was an interesting mod in 1.4.7.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
It still is an interesting mod in 1.5.2. The anvil sound is supposed to play when hammering plates. As the newest versions of GT aren't currently in an FTB modpack, I don't know if a specific GT config option was added for sounds. However, being an IC2 addon, I'd hope that if IC2's config had sounds disabled, so would GT sounds be disabled (and I wonder if anyone's tried this?).

Edited to add: It is not intended to have the anvil sound play when looking up recipes in NEI.

zxqwerty12

Jul 29, 2019

You sir have saved my ears.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i wonder how did i miss such a good opportunity to laugh when thread has been started?

i honestly didn't expect such BS to happen but anyways. i bet his reasoning is: NEI is too OP.

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
if it`s not on purpose(which i highly doubt), i really would like to know how does one mess up their code to create such bug?

Many people don't have a problem, I guess it is actually an interaction with another mod causing this

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Many people don't have a problem, I guess it is actually an interaction with another mod causing this

This,
Inb4 People mentioning TiC and that greg now did ANOTHER mod do weird shit intentional Blablabla (its not true) (yes he did fuck up TiC once with that code crap)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I'm fairly certain this is a bug (and a bugfix is a bugfix- most welcome!) - if he was doing it to be annoying there are far more annoying sound effects in MC than anvil clanks. (ghasts, bats, wolves).

But obviously you guys know better as you are both coding masters and experienced psychologists who've thoroughly analysed every aspect the GT code and mod author himself before reaching such reasonable and respectable conclusions.

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
This,
Inb4 People mentioning TiC and that greg now did ANOTHER mod do weird shit intentional Blablabla (its not true) (yes he did fuck up TiC once with that code crap)

BevoLJ is playing Gregtech without TC but he was still getting the issue.
I still believe it is some weird cross-mod thingy though, because only like half of the people have it.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I'm fairly certain this is a bug (and a bugfix is a bugfix- most welcome!) - if he was doing it to be annoying there are far more annoying sound effects in MC than anvil clanks. (ghasts, bats, wolves).

But obviously you guys know better as you are both coding masters and experienced psychologists who've thoroughly analysed every aspect the GT code and mod author himself before reaching such reasonable and respectable conclusions.
he would have thought how can I annoy people overusing NEI, I know lets use the other vanilla crafting like sound and play it each time someone presses R in their inventory

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
BevoLJ is playing Gregtech without TC but he was still getting the issue.
I still believe it is some weird cross-mod thingy though, because only like half of the people have it.

As far as I've been able to tell thus far from various forum posts, it's just people with both Factorization and Gregtech. I have yet to be able to pin down exactly what the problem is, as both mods have quite a lot of code to look through and an accidental conflict/override is a lot harder to spot than a purposeful addition. Greg is usually very up front about when he does something like this and he has stated that it isn't his code doing this/not his intention for this to be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.