1.8.3 patch changes-Microsoft money at work

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
In fact, Microsoft has stated publically on several occasions several times that they want to utilize Minecraft as an educational model to inspire the next generation of software engineers while they're young...

(whispers, in a very low voice)

...which could also be termed 'brainwashing' or 'propaganda' or 'conditioning'. Poor kids.

(slowly shuffles away)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I've been very negative on this Microsoft comedy (oops I mean 'acquisition'), but my one saving grace was the hope that they would take the game and completely re-write it because of the sordid history between Microsoft and Sun/Oracle Java... put it into a language more acceptable to them, and fix ALL the poor design decisions like boat mechanics, etc... but it seems like none of that is gonna happen, just more band-aids atop band-aids. Shame.
Microsoft is a comedy. The acquisition is a joke.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing happened last night: my girlfriend fired up 1.8.3 on our monster of a computer, a computer that can handle a 1.7.10 pack with over 200 mods and a base running several dozen machines, many of them RotaryCraft, and she experienced severe FPS drops within a minute of playing. She hadn't done anything more than build a house. And this is in effing vanilla. Seriously, Mojang, just...just stop. Hand development over to someone competent and go, I dunno, fritter away your money on hookers and drugs or whatever it is people do when they have enough to retire in luxury.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing happened last night: my girlfriend fired up 1.8.3 on our monster of a computer, a computer that can handle a 1.7.10 pack with over 200 mods and a base running several dozen machines, many of them RotaryCraft, and she experienced severe FPS drops within a minute of playing. She hadn't done anything more than build a house. And this is in effing vanilla. Seriously, Mojang, just...just stop. Hand development over to someone competent and go, I dunno, fritter away your money on hookers and drugs or whatever it is people do when they have enough to retire in luxury.
But..but...only Notch got the money from Microsoft... :(

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
But..but...only Notch got the money from Microsoft... :(
Maybe, but the company's members still receive part of the profits from the game's sale as part of their paychecks. Depending on how the pay is structured, they may not all be able to retire in luxury, but I'd be willing to bet that the big heads would be able to do so easily. I wonder if Mojang is looking for people...I'd apply, if only to get in on the ground floor of actually fixing things and making the came not perform like arse.