Problem Direwolf20 1.7.10/1.0.1 Pack - Server Tick Loop?

Ricktor87

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I just recently purchased a server and have had it running for about 10 days now, about 90% of the time everything runs smoothly then one of my members will login and it crashes out the entire server and continues to do so when said player logs in. I've tried disabling numerous things that had appeared to be tied to the problem to no avail. The only remedy I could find was to reset said players DAT file. If anyone can tell me what they believe the problem is I'd be very thankful for your insight. The server is bare direwolf20 with fastcraft, essentials and worldedit "forge versions". The server is provided by Beastnode, with 3G ram, I'm not exactly sure which os the server box itself is running, but it is setup for minecraft using the Multicraft control panel with one-click mod pack loaders for various FTB packs.

If you need anymore information I'll post as soon as I can. Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Rick

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// This is a token for 1 free hug. Redeem at your nearest Mojangsta: [~~HUG~~]
Time: 12/4/14 9:13 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -824
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.NibbleArray.func_76582_a(SourceFile:26)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_76665_b(SourceFile:75)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76628_c(Chunk.java:548)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150812_a(Chunk.java:878)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150813_a(Chunk.java:862)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadEntities(AnvilChunkLoader.java:500)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:41)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12)
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.finish(AsynchronousExecutor.java:189)
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.finishActive(AsynchronousExecutor.java:354)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.tick(ChunkIOExecutor.java:30)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:596)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
I've dug around a bit in the logs and done some experimenting, and it appears to be something with player data and not world/chunk errors, as transferring the servers world files and making the player dat my own in SSP it crashes as well, however if I erase the player dat and go to the location in question everything is fine there. I'm at a complete loss now as to why player data is getting corrupted and its not frequent nor repetitive, just appears randomly with no cause I can discern from the logs.... Still looking for any opinions on how to resolve this if at all possible. Thanks for your time. Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Eliminator

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem here, every time one member connects the server crashes:
Code:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -80
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.NibbleArray.func_76582_a(SourceFile:26)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_76665_b(SourceFile:75)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76628_c(Chunk.java:548)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150812_a(Chunk.java:878)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150813_a(Chunk.java:862)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadEntities(AnvilChunkLoader.java:500)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:41)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.finish(AsynchronousExecutor.java:189)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.finishActive(AsynchronousExecutor.java:354)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.tick(ChunkIOExecutor.java:30)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:596)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

I also ran a corrupted world check, but it said my world was fine.

Eliminator

Jul 29, 2019
It was caused by some problem in that player's save file. I deleted it and now everything is working great.