Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
I had picked a ratio and it still didn't work. This was in a circuit that worked fine without the transformer by the way.
Also I did some messing around with reactorcraft nuclear waste and now when I load the world I insta crash:
http://pastebin.com/8RLA4JrG

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I had picked a ratio and it still didn't work. This was in a circuit that worked fine without the transformer by the way.
Also I did some messing around with reactorcraft nuclear waste and now when I load the world I insta crash:
http://pastebin.com/8RLA4JrG
Either pick an ID < 128 or wait until v4.

(Or whine at the Forge devs to support bigger ID ranges until they support it natively. That works too. Do not tell them I sent you :p)

Last edited:

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
Power is proportional to current.
It should be, but in practice, I find that if I connect a battery to a resistor to a motor to a dynamometer, my battery is drawn at whatever the draw is for that battery type, but I only get I*V power - whatever's left over is wasted.

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
That is on the battery's end. They have a fixed output.
That... doesn't make sense. From a realism perspective, increased resistance will increase the heat loss from the resistor, true, but it will also decrease the current, so you can use resistors to decrease power draw up to a point. (For that matter, it doesn't particularly make sense for resistors to limit current directly in the first place.) From a gameplay perspective, that's just annoying, because it means that you can't use less than, oh, 268MW or whatever without elaborate motor-splitter-generator recharging setups. So... if it's not serving either realism or gameplay...?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Odd, the last time I used resistors, I swear they reduced the power draw. In fact I even wrote a thing.

Specifically:
The Auroral Battery is not sending more amps than are requested. Power is not being cut off at the resistor and then wasted: we send what we request. In laymans terms, this is pure badassery.

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, the last time I used resistors, I swear they reduced the power draw. In fact I even wrote a thing.

Specifically:
The battery does not send more amps than requested, that is true - but the power draw remains constant. The battery drains at whatever rate is specified, but it only produces as much current as the resistor will allow; the remaining power just vanishes.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
You can work around that limitation by hooking the battery into itself via an induction motor and induction generator feeding into a loop. You can't feed it in directly since batteries can only accept one input at a time, similar to induction motors. The loss won't be apparent unless you use the debug tab to see the exact how much power is within the battery.

If you want to also add in power while discharging, and you can be sure it will have a consistent speed input, you can use gearboxes and combine both the incoming power and the looping power with a shaft junction, that way you can get some crazy efficient power drains while still charging it up at full speed.

Or, you know, the bug could be fixed where batteries will always draw 100% of their potential all of the time. I know that ElectriCraft runs on a request system, so it's not completely out of the question to do it this way.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The battery does not send more amps than requested, that is true - but the power draw remains constant. The battery drains at whatever rate is specified, but it only produces as much current as the resistor will allow; the remaining power just vanishes.
What i'm saying is that this didn't happen in the last version I played, 25ish or something. A resistor with 100% was a power switch, and a power source lost no power until you allowed some draw somewhere in the network.

In fact, lossy draw through resistance was a bug that I reported to Reika and he fixed in a week or two. Are you using an old version from Monster or something?

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
What i'm saying is that this didn't happen in the last version I played, 25ish or something. A resistor with 100% was a power switch, and a power source lost no power until you allowed some draw somewhere in the network.

In fact, lossy draw through resistance was a bug that I reported to Reika and he fixed in a week or two. Are you using an old version from Monster or something?
I actually have the same behavior at 0A. Have you tried limiting to 1A and checking the power draw?

I think I'm using the latest version - V3d?

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if the reactorcraft config option: B:"Fission Cores Chunkload When Active"=true
means exactly what it says, and if so did this fix the 'bug' where if reactors weren't chunkloaded they would have a meltdown?