High lag and low fps

MindHack

Jul 29, 2019
When I play ftb I have very high lag, every few seconds and I very low fps.
And play on a laptop with i7 4710HQ , gpu is AMD R9 m 265x, 8gb of ram, windows 8.1 64 bit and java 1.7.something 64 bit. Anything I can do ? My average fps is at approx. 25 and very often I see fps drops down to 9-10. I tried lowering the ram to 1gb maxing out to 7,75 gb but didnt work. ( btw task manager sows very high disk usage of up to 95% and Im running on an HDD. Could this be the problem ? IS there anything I can do to boost performance apart from upgrating to an SSD ? ).

thanks a lot

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
1: You can up the priority of Java
2: Reduce the amount of RAM Minecraft uses to JUST 4GB - This prevents minecraft from eating all the memory it can.
3: Install Fastcraft into whatever pack is giving you trouble.
4: Check if you have your video card driver up to date.
5: Install Java 32 bit while keeping the 64 bit Java installed.
6: Make sure the PermaGen STAYS at 512

Also, wrong forum bro.

MindHack

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks a lot, sorry for the wrong forum but its my first post here, I will delete this as soon as the problem is solved.

NotReallyACat

Jul 29, 2019
This may be the wrong forum, but it may not. I had horrible trouble with DW20 1.7.10. Completely unplayable, 1FPS, etc.

I opened task manager. There were two java processes running, one the child of the other. The parent java process was the launcher, the child was minecraft. Task manager didn't show the launcher process using much memory and basically no cpu cycles. However, when I killed that process, minecraft started running fine.

Reactions: mrmagic686

MindHack

Jul 29, 2019
I tried fastcraft with the same modpack, fps got mych higher. Problem is still there though, but the game is much more playable now