Problem FTB Resurrection Incredibly high ping spikes

earc1000

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone

I just started my FTB Resurrection Server and even without having anything done it lags like crazy. I first thought it has to do with the tick time but when i looked into ops i realized that about every 10 seconds i had ping spikes up to 2000ms but tick time constant at 7ms. To make sure it was the Minecraft server and not the os i pinged the server from my computer and got ping rates under 1ms.

I'm running a dedicated server at home:
Processor: i7 3770K @4.7Ghz
Ram: 16GB 1600Mhz
Storage: 64GB SSD​
The server is only running the minecraft server.

I didn't change anything in the modpack.

I have done some research and wasn't able to find anything useful.
Please Help.

DrDurandal

Jul 29, 2019
Resurrection 1.0:

I'm seeing the same issue on my MC server as well.

I've been running an EC2 M3 instance (single vCPU) for Unleashed as a private server for myself and a few friends for the past year, which I shutdown and installed Resurrection on, with identical memory allocations and so on.

It performed fine with up to 5 players in Unleashed.

With Resurrection, the server is lagging with a single user logged in and severely lagging with 2-3 players, with frequent "Connection Lost - Timed out" events for one or more players at once. I've seen up to 20 second "running behind" messages (20000+ ms) when exploring new terrain, and frequently see 2000+ messages when staying in the same place with 3 players.

Oddly, these seem to be spikes, rather than sustained performance issues, as /cofh tps command shows Overall: 20.00 TPS/25.10MS (100%) when run, yet the server log is still showing the lag messages periodically.

Last edited:

Caesura

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem as the guy in the post above. getting these kind of messages spammed:

[00:31:53] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2447ms behind, skipping 48 tick(s)

At the point that this message was sent, the server was only using 6% of its processor and 40% of its RAM, so I have no idea what the root of this issue is. Even on a clean-ish map (only one day's worth of people exploring), even when only I was logged in this message kept on being spammed. This seems to be a problem with the server pack, and not much we can do about it until it's updated and fixed. It's a shame because I'm loving this pack, but these spikes are ruining it!

the temp

Jul 29, 2019
I have this same issue, but I am running the monster pack. has anyone fixed this issue yet, I have tried everything. with no one logged it it is showing over 2000ms most of the time. but when I ping the computer the server is on I am getting 1MS response time so it is something going on with the MC server itself.

stardustrider

Jul 29, 2019
I'm attempting to find the source of a similar issue on my server; whether it's a mod, the command line options, etc.

My hardware's fairly beefy, so it's not that.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Gregtech adds tons of tile ents (all ores are tile ents) causing chunk load and unload requiring tremendous amounts of resources/time. One player exploring can be enough for others to time out.

stardustrider

Jul 29, 2019
It would appear that Primitive Mobs was the culprit for me. I had changed the Java options too which might've helped.

wiseman1602

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks For adding me but when i joined i was experiencing alot of lag (Not FrameRate i have a solid 40 fps) but the ping is pretty crazy so i dont know how long i will be sticking around being from canada and all so sorry :(

evandixon

Jul 29, 2019
Try looking around to see if you have any advanced machine setups built. I recently fixed a lot of server lag by not chaining lots of ad-hoc AE networks together with interfaces/storage busses. Surprisingly, that didn't show up using Opis.