[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
About the recommendations, id say no to a thaumcraft NEI plugin. Simply because itd remove the need for the thaumiconicon which personally I like, feels more indepth searching around it for different things and like I'm using the mod to its full and intended potential.

thats still up to you. i use both. it is client side.
and trust me, it wont replace the book with all its descriptions, manuals and research notes.

but like me, if you read the book like a thousend times and almost know every recipe from the top of the head, the book becomes a pain with the scrolling/dragging around/skipping pages with descriptions and stuff without a bookmark... and dont get me started on the mouseover-list of items that have a certain aspect.
this infact is the main reason for me to use the plugin with its the ability to look up aspectitems in a very tidy interface with pages.

I personally think it has potential to be enabled on default. There are a fair few issues with it by the sounds of it but if the mod dev is active and willing to add (forgot what it's called. My minds gone blank) support for the recipe changing thingy so we can alter stuff, then it could add another level of complexity and awesome ness.

Everything else in minecraft is based on ores, processing or magic. This is the first mod ive seen to fully bring in protons, electrons and similar things. I'd love to learn more and get into it to see what crazy stuff I can make.

Edit: MineTweaker! That's the one!

right now it randomly makes the launcher to get stuck in a loop (at least every second time).
even though it got potential, this is a functional problem.
especially newbies will abadon a modpack that is 'broken' without a second thought.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
right now it randomly makes the launcher to get stuck in a loop (at least every second time).
even though it got potential, this is a functional problem.
especially newbies will abadon a modpack that is 'broken' without a second thought.

I'm curious to know what's going on here. I've started this version of the modpack several dozen times already and I've never encountered anything like this issue.

PS: I'm also in favour of having as much information as possible in NEI. In-game books are annoying: I'll just go google something instead 99% of the time.

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious to know what's going on here. I've started this version of the modpack several dozen times already and I've never encountered anything like this issue.

first it was fine for me too, but then it started.
the launcher gets stuck and the console only says that minechem is trying to get recipes ready.
i think it started when i tried to use it with spice of life

@minechem:
sometimes you get an infinite number of molecules by deconstructing one item.
the mod still needs a lot of tweaking. it s almost like duping.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
first it was fine for me too, but then it started.
the launcher gets stuck and the console only says that minechem is trying to get recipes ready.
i think it started when i tried to use it with spice of life
That probably explains it, yeah. I play with default setup since I play on the public server :)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
To those adding the old Buildcraft api to Binnies mod: Do not build and use a Buildcraft laser to power an assembly table. It will crash your world and not be able to load again until the old api (and binnies) is removed.

Reactions: MigukNamja

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
FWIW, I think minechem is a good addition to the pack, albeit one that needs balancing. My son was telling me about a way to turn netherack into chrome? If true, that might be a little OP. I would be nice if there was information about the energy use of the various minechem processes. For example, with the recent log->cellulose nerf referenced above, another way to go about that would be to make the decomposition/synthesis take more energy. Indeed, is the log->cellulose even an energy gain counting the RF expended? I don't know, I haven't really played too much with minechem yet.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Incoming Item Question!
Which recipe is correct?
If i shred this in a macerator, will i get the small dusts or the full-size ones?

Attachments

• 2014-12-23_01.17.07.png
    2014-12-23_01.17.07.png
    178 KB · Views: 65

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Incoming Item Question!
Which recipe is correct?
If i shred this in a macerator, will i get the small dusts or the full-size ones?

I believe the intent is for it to output 2 small dusts, i.e. half a full dust. Otherwise, you can game it to get infinite Nether Quartz. Using the Pure Nether Quartz recipe to stretch (double) one's supply of Nether Quartz *should* be a 1-way trip. Ditto Pure Certus.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. Without GT there is no small Certus/Quartz/Fluix dusts, so you can't even pulverize/macerate the pure crystals.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
What are the ways to make between 1K and 10K EU/t without spamming RC Steam Turbines ?
  • 6-block MOXes
  • ~100-block IC2 pressure vessel systems
  • Pcraft convert BR Steam Turbine RF to EU
  • Other ?
I'm contemplating trying to leap from RF Steam Turbines @ 200 EU/t each to Naquadah @ 32K EU/t each, or whether I should go for an intermediate power solution.

The IC2 Pressure Vessel looks cool and I love the complicated designs. However, the end result of those ~100 blocks is the same as a 6-block MOX and the same as a few old-style 6-block Uranium ~240 EU/t reactors. Very disappointing that all that work yields less gain in terms of blocks/complexity/design/time/lag spent relative to power output.

(@Pyure - I saw your comment over on the IC2 forums way back on Dec. 4th and can't agree more).

IMHO, the IC2 pressure vessel system needs at least an order of magnitude power output bump.

Also, Pcraft conversion requires quite a bit of work/complexity/blocks/lag.

I'm leaning towards 6-block MOX, but please change my mind ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure and Grove

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, this thread now has the 4th-most replies of any 3rd-party pack. Ahead of it (us) are AgS, BnB, and MF2, which makes us the most-commented-on non-FTB (staff) pack. Yeah !

We're further down the rankings in views, but I like to think that's a good thing. We're not the most popular, but we have a *very* high ratio of involvement, which is ideal, IMHO.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
What are the ways to make between 1K and 10K EU/t without spamming RC Steam Turbines ?
  • 6-block MOXes
  • Other ?
I'm contemplating trying to leap from RF Steam Turbines @ 200 EU/t each to Naquadah @ 32K EU/t each, or whether I should go for an intermediate power solution.

The IC2 Pressure Vessel looks cool and I love the complicated designs. However, the end result of those ~100 blocks is the same as a 6-block MOX and the same as a few old-style 6-block Uranium ~240 EU/t reactors. Very disappointing that all that work yields less gain in terms of blocks/complexity/design/time/lag spent relative to power output.

(@Pyure - I saw your comment over on the IC2 forums way back on Dec. 4th and can't agree more).

IMHO, the IC2 pressure vessel system needs at least an order of magnitude power output bump.

I couldn't agree more, there seems to be very little large power generation things around. I'm very interested in gregs new GT5 nuclear reactor multiblock that will output steam like real reactors but again this steam needs a way to be converted into usable EU. In a way the HV steam turbine (which is one block) seems a bit of a let down to me. Steam turbines in real life are huge requiring a while building just for the housing.

I'm hoping that something like this with an output of say 2000-5000eu/t is in the works because it seems like that is missing IMHO.

All these new updated mods, to go back to Original nuclear reactors is a total let down if you ask me :/

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't agree more, there seems to be very little large power generation things around. I'm very interested in gregs new GT5 nuclear reactor multiblock that will output steam like real reactors but again this steam needs a way to be converted into usable EU. In a way the HV steam turbine (which is one block) seems a bit of a let down to me. Steam turbines in real life are huge requiring a while building just for the housing.

I'm hoping that something like this with an output of say 2000-5000eu/t is in the works because it seems like that is missing IMHO.

All these new updated mods, to go back to Original nuclear reactors is a total let down if you ask me :/

Sent from my iPhone

Well, there is the BR Steam Turbine for RF only, and that's quite fun. It's big, looks good, generates a good amount of power, takes a lot of resources to build, and doesn't put a big hit on the client or server. It's pretty close to the ideal end-game power producer.

I'm using gold blocks for coils currently, but am working on Ludicrum, which takes a while, but is a lot of fun.

And, according to ErogenousBeef's roadmap, more upgrades and enchancements are planned.

Reactions: Grove

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
  • 6-block MOXes
  • Other ?

Did you see tomcats reactors at the end of the thread? - points for insane complexity.
Theres also a decent enough design @ 600eu/t on page 4 (assuming it will still work)