[1.7.10] Remain In Motion - Block-moving mod

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I moved my entire base with the carrige translocator, and now i dissconnect with Internal Expection: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: net.minecraft.util.Reportedexception: Loading NBT data.

Possibly too big nbt pockets, i could use a quick fix, since i can not log in that server.

Also, i could note that i don't needed to chunkload the reciver carrige.

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
I moved my entire base with the carrige translocator, and now i dissconnect with Internal Expection: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: net.minecraft.util.Reportedexception: Loading NBT data.

Possibly too big nbt pockets, i could use a quick fix, since i can not log in that server.

Also, i could note that i don't needed to chunkload the reciver carrige.
Please post the full stack trace. From what you posted, I have no way to tell where this is coming from.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
The base was 1 maximum sizes laputa crystal+ 3-4 level 4-5. It had an ae system with a lot of things automated, an infusion altar, an energized node,, a few thermal expansion and ender io machines, a turbine, some spawners, ticon smeltery, conveyor belts (mfr). I will try to download the world tomorrow, and take a look at it in sp, and maybe in mcedit.

Also , its kicked us out with the same error immidiatly as i turned it on.

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
Try version 2.3.2.1 - it adds a config option to restrict maximum packet size, under the cosmetic tab. The option is server-side and does not break protocol - clients need not update.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I would note that the pressure chamber disassembling after being moved.

Also, hardcore mode does not seem to work, with the latest version of the rf api installed (cohf core and lib, i don't know whitch one is that).

Last edited:

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised that it breaks multiblock structures - storing the parts' coordinates in absolute positions seems logical enough with vanilla, but moving blocks breaks the assumption it makes.

Hardcore mode broken as in not requiring energy, or not accepting it? I think I might know what's causing the latter, and it's not too hard to fix - I just recompiled against the latest RF API, and it worked in my dev environment. Try v2.3.3.

I'm going to be away from my dev tools for a week or two, so if any issue pops up before then I might not be able to fix it. I'll hopefully still be on the forums.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
This is the first time i had issues. I tought that its intended behavior to take multiblocks with you, whitout any problems.
One support carrige, and you have moved a big reactor. Well, its turns off for the time being moved, but turns back online immidietly after the move, like nothing happened.

For the flux part, i might have forgotten to save the config, because after i reconfigured it its worked. Sorry for the false report.

There is a small thing with thaumcraft golems. Later along the line, could you add a compatibility to move their locations (if that location is being moved)? Moving them simply make them stand still, possibly from not finding their location.

Last edited:

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
It does its best to move multiblocks, but many of them simply aren't designed to be moved. Any fix would have to be done to the multiblock, but some modders might object to changing something that works. Big Reactors is more the exception than the rule.

From what you describe, Thaumcraft golems aren't designed to have their waypoint things moved. Since Thaumcraft is not open-source, I cannot contribute better movement behaviour. To add a special handler for golems to my mod, I'd have to hack around Thaumcraft's internals which would likely bug Azanor, and it would be a nuisance to keep up with Thaumcraft, not to mention that other frame mods still wouldn't work, so I won't write a handler myself. You'll have to ask Azanor to get this working.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
For the rotator:
-the ender io conduits are being rotated wrongly if rotated 90 degrees, they turn back to the right place at 180 degrees.
- multiparts not being rotated every time

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
For the rotator:
-the ender io conduits are being rotated wrongly if rotated 90 degrees, they turn back to the right place at 180 degrees.
- multiparts not being rotated every time
EnderIO conduits as in straight-across segments? As far as I know, EIO has no support for rotation (although I did submit a pull request).

Forge Multipart support would be quite difficult to implement, especially since as far as I know there is no way to rotate parts.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Its possible to edit them?(fmp)

For the golems (quote from github):
"I'm hopeing to do a lot of api related stuff for golems in the eventual 1.8 version, but for now I will not be able to add anything like this."

Possibly later.

Last edited:

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
Rotating FMP blocks manually could hopefully be done - lots of mods use it - but ideally the code for rotating FMP blocks would be inside FMP. A problem that it would have to solve is that I don't have a way to ask a part for a version of itself facing a different direction - I might have to treat each part as a special case, which would make supporting all but a handful of things very hard.

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
I assume this crash happened at the end of motion. Was there any stack trace from the start of motion?

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I assume this crash happened at the end of motion. Was there any stack trace from the start of motion?

I always forget that.
Between this move and the last we updated ae2 and ender io.
Also, i would note that it resetted some carpenter blocks, not all, and we did not updated the mod.

it was at the end of the motion, since the movement was done, with deleted data. it would not be that bad, the main problem that it emtpied all my storage, so i had no items left.

http://indabox.hu/orgygy

Have some new information: there's at least one tile (if not more) in the area with no coordinates included. its causes mcedit issues, possibly cause issues with you as well. Still searching for it. I'm looging through the data in the region files, one chunk has almost 500 tiles, so it will take a while.

I can send you my base if you want, i pruned the world.

Last edited: