What's new in modded minecraft today?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Jabba 1.2.0 with tons of bugfixes, additions, and whatnot!
I would like to thanks @taelnia for this massive update. He has been doing an impressive job at updating Jabba while I was busy on other projects.

This version of JABBA is focused mainly on resolving bugs that have been exposed over the last few months. It does have some enhancements, but they are mostly behind the scenes work.

License Change
Important: JABBA has switched from the Apache 2.0 License to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License For any commercial usage, please contact[email protected]

Localization Stuff
  • zhCN added by SinusoidalC
  • ruRU added by Adapta
  • MC formatting codes should be supported in most of the localization entries. Guaranteed to work on the text.jabba.* block used for chat messages.
Bugfixes
  • Ensure there is always a storage accessible from getStorage() (Prof): resolves a few NPE’s
  • Remote checks added to prevent server code running on client(Prof/tae): stops some fake stack drops among other things
  • Grab mipmap level from current TextureMap instance instead of gameSettings: should resolve some issues with other mods that adjust textures, as well as the 1201 OpenGL error from the log at startup.
  • Adjusted rules for sending content sync packages: slight reduction in network packets sent, fixes rare NPE
  • Prevent CME in ServerTickHandler by using explicit array copy of the weak hash map to prevent other mods that trash the GC from interfering with the list while iterating over it
  • Barrels with both redstone upgrades and void upgrades will now output a redstone signal on the full trigger when the barrel reaches max stored capacity, and on proportional trigger it will output 15 strength at max capacity.
  • Fixed AIOOB on domain:item that could happen in some cases
  • When generating textures, we now check alternate materials if a material texture is unable to be loaded; if none load, the texture will default to black
  • The dolly now respects spawn protection… bad dolly!
  • While at it, Dolly-ception is no more: limited max size of NBT tag data that the dolly can pick up to 1MB. No more dollying a chest full of dollied items which are full of dollied items which are…
  • Cleaned up some of the dolly code, fixed some minor bugs with diamond dolly(item name, etc..)
  • Side upgrade stack counts no longer decrement while being applied in creative mode
  • Missing save directory/hardcore log notice adjusted to actually be logged and not just be in stdout
  • Fixed mcmod.info, Jabba will now properly show up on the mods list with information. Updated information in it and added a logo as well.
  • Fixed a few debug statements that were nulling out due to previous fixes/changes
  • Fixed log spam about non-valid entity when removing a barrel
  • Fixed barrel drops when broken: upgrades and contents should now drop in all cases (such as explosions) as opposed to just when a player breaks the barrel. For explosions, usual rules apply on
  • Changed tuning fork to be not repairable, fixes issue in linking barrel when another mod has an item that auto repairs hotbar items. This was causing issues as we use the damage value as a timer, and no damage is equal to not attuned =P
  • Ensure that empty barrels that are unlocked are really empty
  • Added a sanity check on StorageLocal readTagCompound to ensure that no barrels have negative current stored values as this can cause unexpected behavior
Changes
  • Updated to log4j (Parker8283)
  • Barrels now use smooth rendering (ganymedes01) notes: items are still shown full brightness for now, barrels now use a multipass system that calls normal MC code
  • Redstone will now only connect to redstone enabled sides
  • Non-label barrel sides now count as “solid”, except the bottom. This will change some block interactions, such as allowing torches to be placed on barrels, non-solid bottom still allows for chests to open beneath barrels
  • General code cleanup: removed old/dead code, cleaned up imports, adjusted formatting to be more consistent(tabs, bracing, spacing), refactored some code to reduce code repetition, removed unnecessary casts and annotations
  • Cleaned up texture code a bit: most dummy files are no longer needed
  • Adjusted notes for texture pack artists in the jar, please poke me(taelnia) on IRC if you have any questions
  • Moved StructuralLevel out of item package and moved all client code out of it
  • OreDict support on barrels will now check the full OreDictionary list of the barrel item and the incoming item. (Aluminum and Aluminium I’m looking at you… >_>)
  • TileEntityBarrel will now pass along a few more calls to its current IBarrelStorage
  • Along with above note, cleaned up StorageLocal a bit: cached several items and cleaned up logic. Should be *slighty* faster. (Might be noticeable only on those giant thousand barrel storage worlds ;P)
  • Debug code trigger changed
  • Updated DSU interface to latest(yay comment updates! xD)
  • Hopper modes now natively support DSU’s, hoppers now check inventory interfaces in this order: IDSU, ISidedInventory, IInventory. This may speed up DSU interactions slightly due to less code being run.
  • breakBlock now uses the faster method of obtaining the TileEntity, and only does work if a valid TE is returned; also ensures cleanup/removal of the TE after we have done our work.
  • Changed OreDict caching to shortcut and cache the barrel item.
  • Ensure network channel matches modid
  • Performed optimization pass on images.
New Stuff
  • Pulled out reflection code from StruturalLevel into utility class, enhanced it slightly
  • Dolly support added for Storage Drawers mod (jaquadro)
  • Vertical barrel support: configurable option(default ON), will allow for barrels to be placed with initial labelled side on top/bottom if the barrel is placed at an extreme angle(also configurable). Along with this change, barrel top/bottom labels will now be orientated to the played upon initial barrel placement or moving with a dolly.
  • Added default support for EnderChests mod for the B-Space Upgrade recipe.
  • Copied over the client side chat utils I wrote for our ModJam4 entry, applied to localized chat so that they now support standard MC formatting codes, also fixed to not show reset character in log
  • Added experimental support to expose full barrel contents through normal MC inventory interface(defaultOFF). This works great for tons of mods, but please read the warning in the config file before enabling.
  • Allow vanilla comparators to work on barrels: will output a proportional signal based on amount stored. note: this provides a different behaviour from the proportional redstone side upgrade on barrels with void upgrades in that the redstone side upgrade will output a full strength signal when barrel is at capacity and the comparator will not(it will never show the barrel as full)
  • Hopper facades are now bi-directional: the facade can be configured to pull matching items into the barrel from neighboring inventories. use a barrel hammer to configure
  • Added utility methods to retrieve a TileEntity quicker, and without creating it. If using, please check return against null before using.
Botania 1.3 versions 142 and 143 are now available!
R1.3 142
  • Added the Assembly Halo, a portable crafting solution.
  • Adding lava to the petal apothecary turns it into a brazier/incinerator.
  • Changed Hydroangeas' recipe to use Cyan petals rather than Light Blue ones.
  • Fixed the Signal Flare item crashing if an invalid color is loaded somehow.
  • Hydroangeas are now more dilligent at picking up water blocks.
  • INTENSIFIED GOLDFISH
  • Renamed a bunch of rods so they all are in the same name scheme and theme.
  • [API] Added aditional SubTileEntity interaction methods. onBlockPlacedBy(), onBlockActivated(), onBlockAdded(), onBlockHarvested() and getDrops() (LiamEarle)
  • [API] Increased version number to 25.

R1.3 143
  • Fixed Dedicated Server crashing.
I sound very happy today!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So skyboy found something interesting in minecraft's code: IRC Log

If you are interested, here is the method causing the issue (The problem occurs on line 25): Pastebin

More technical description of issue:
The method I have linked in the pastebin will check if the number of tiles that need to update is 64. If it is equal to 64, use this method that sends data related to tiles that are in the y-levels the player will see. If it is anything else (above or below) then use this method that sends data for every tile (even underground). In 1.6 instead of it only being 64 it would send only needed tiles if the number of tiles was 64 or greater and send all if it was less.

The problem is that in 1.7 pretty much every time it will send data for every single tile to the client regardless of whether it is visible. Even if there are 4000 or so tiles. The intended method is to reduce the amount of tiles we need to update by only updating tiles that are in a given range of y values. However since mojang used == (equal to) instead of >= (greater than or equal to) we get the terrible worldgen lag

I should also point out that net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeModContainer.clumpingThreshold which you see in line 25 of that pastebin is equal to 64
So as a result skyboy has put a fix into the latest CoFHCore which patches this method. The latest update can be downloaded here

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/69162-cofhcore/files/2222240

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Coming Soon: MCEdit 2.0
mcedit2-preview.png

http://www.mcedit.net/

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Minecraft: Story Mode

Did you enjoy Info Quest II? I hope so. It took up a lot of resources.

In other news, we’re collaborating with Telltale Games to create Minecraft: Story Mode! Here are some bullet points to celebrate!

• Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games. It will be about Minecraft.
  • Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
  • The first episode will be released some time in 2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices.
  • Minecraft: Story Mode will be released episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
  • We’re not intending on creating an “official” story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.
  • The Minecraft 2 thing was a joke. No really. It was a joke.
If you’re desperate for more insight, read Telltale Games’ post, come back next year, or calm down and play Info Quest II again.

Happy holidays from all the Mojangstas!

Owen – @bopogamel
As 2014 comes to a close, we are delighted to confirm our partnership with Mojang to create a new episodic game series based on one of the most popular video games in history - Minecraft.

Minecraft: Story Mode will be an all-new narrative-driven game series developed by Telltale in collaboration with Mojang. Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice. It will not be an add-on for Minecraft, but rather a separate stand-alone product that will premiere in 2015 on consoles, computers and mobile devices.

Telltale's game series will mix new characters with familiar themes, in an entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation.

For more information on why Telltale and Mojang chose to work together, visit Mojang's blog.

2014 is Telltale's tenth anniversary year; seeing in the climactic finales of the critically acclaimed and best-selling The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead: Season Two. With the recent premieres of bothGame of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands, our 2015 lineup will include the remainder of both of those new series, and now it will also include the premiere of Minecraft: Story Mode.

After ten years of making games, Telltale is JUST getting started! We would like to thank all of our incredible fans across the world, as we continue to forge ahead in creating adventures where the most important author of each story is YOU. We'll have more in the months ahead, but for now, we thank you again, and wish you a safe and happy holiday and a prosperous New Year!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
O.O So 1 single typo caused all this? dayum i hope this fix will make it into Direwolf20 1.0.3 and other packs since that's a pretty big thing.

COFHCore is a intragral to using Thermal Expantion. So any pack that updates TE will have that update in it as well.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: VictiniX888

Claycorp

Jul 29, 2019
Well ProjectE is now owned by someone else.
6CggjtU.png

Heres my adventures from today because of it >.>
In this transfer the new owner decided that the old issue list wasn't relevant enough and closed all the issues regardless of what they were about.
Reason? Because "too many were for old versions"
EqMPHBq.png

I responded to this with
INacdpW.png

So all of the people who were working on addons/finding bugs got a big smack to the face. (Including me)
Apparently it wasn't worth his time to go through the 2 1/4 pages to close issues. (Most of which you can tell by the name of they needed to be closed!)
I made some snarky comments as i wasn't the only person confused at first.
t7hDp1x.png

Then he promptly deleted it and i replied again. (It was also deleted instantly)
Lmglmyd.png

I decided to time myself and find as many valid issues as i could out of the ones he closed...
28 minutes and 3 pages of closed issues latter i had found 15 valid issues and came across 2 more.
I went to submit this and i found out that he blocked me from the repo. I just LOL'ed at it and thought if he wants to be an ass to people then so be it. I won't be helping with it any longer including the wiki i was working on.
One of the guys in TS asked for the issues to post them because i couldn't so i gave it to them to post. (I assumed they would get deleted anyway)
Heres the posts
http://imgur.com/2RBMKhh
http://imgur.com/iD34qHf
http://imgur.com/IpAYL0X
The link at the bottom each post is of my Wiki edits http://www.dries007.net/screenshots/2014-12-18_23-45-38.png
Now we wait....

All and all I won't be helping lazy people anymore or ProjectE anything and ProjectE got a new owner.

Last edited:

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Oh quick update to the post above. All the issues are gone again and the person that posted them was also blocked. GG ProjectE GG

I am thoroughly disenchanted with the new maintainer of ProjectE. In a matter of hours he refactors path names just add his name to every file thereby breaking any mods that check for ProjectE and closes every issue.

Last edited:

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure to download the updated version of mantle from.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1287648-tinkers-construct
If needed.

Edit: The forum page is a bit out of date. You will need 0.3.2 version from.
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/mantle#t1:other-downloads
The current forum page for Tinker's Construct is actually http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2218638-tinkers-construct

Reactions: SynfulChaot

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Default World Generator by fireball1725

The Default World Generator mod is a mod designed for Minecraft ModPack makers who want to have a specific world generator selected by default. The user is still able to change it if they desire, but it will change it from "default" to what ever you specify in the config file.

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/226188-default-world-generator

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Default World Generator by fireball1725

The Default World Generator mod is a mod designed for Minecraft ModPack makers who want to have a specific world generator selected by default. The user is still able to change it if they desire, but it will change it from "default" to what ever you specify in the config file.

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/226188-default-world-generator
I posted about this a while back...

A couple of new mods!
No More F3 (by GrandpasMizery)
As a builder I often kept the F3 debug screen open so I would know where I was at. It was slightly annoying in Minecraft versions prior to 1.8. But now it is just completely annoying as it takes up over half the screen.

My answer to this is in the mod No More F3

On start up the overlay screen is off. All you need to do to activate it is press the 'L' key.

An overlay screen will be displayed in the top left corner as shown below.

nomoref3.png

The information shown is what I like to know when I build.

• BlockPos: Is the block you are standing in. So you know where you are at.
  • Facing: So you know what direction you are facing.
  • Biome: So you know what you the foliage textures will look like.
  • World Type: a future place holder for the name of the world you are in.
  • Time: So if you are in Survival mode, you will know when it is safe to come out and build. Because a clock takes up hot bar inventory space.

DimensionGuard (by hilburn)
Easily configurable mod allowing you to prevent the player from crafting or taking certain items in certain dimensions. Blocked items will be removed from the players inventory (with a notification) and returned to them when they return to a dimension in which they are not blocked. On death, these stored items will be dropped at the player's location (unless the config option is turned off) in which case they will be returned to the player if appropriate (eg, death in the nether, respawn in the overworld)

Both white and blacklists exist, allowing for very configurable ranges, and wildcards can be used in the mod and item names to select many items at once.

This was mostly designed to facilitate themed dimensions, eg: magic only, tech only, or to prevent abuse of things like pumps in the nether.

Otho

Jul 29, 2019
@Otho has released Custom Items 1.0.5

Changelog:
  • Update forge to 1.7.10-10.13.2.1272
  • Adding default config files inside jar
  • Drop Items with "itemDamage"
  • Removed "renderAsNormalBlock" block propertie
  • Adding cfg option to add/remove default creative tab
  • Fixed blocks becoming transparent when breaking it
  • Fixed food without effects crashing the game
  • Fixed drop items not droping from blocks
  • Fixed drop items not droping from crops
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...omitems-your-blocks-items-without-programming